Post Thanks / Like
    About two months ago I gave up on trying to eek out the time to maintain S100 on my black metallic VW. My hand combo for the previous 2+ years was GEPC and S100. Car looked great for the first month or so but then went down hill. I decided it was time to try an acrylic for durability; Prime Strong and AJT.

Application: Prime Strong was really easy to use even by hand using a foam applicator. I applied it too thick on the first third of the car but learned "more is not better". After that, product removal was very easy and much less residue (= less MF towels). All in all, ease was on par with GEPC (same issues, too much equals PITA removal).

With the AJT, I probably used too much product for the first coat but wanted to ensure coverage. For the second coat I used it like a QD (quick squirt onto a MF, wipe on, wipe off with second MF). Second coat took maybe 15 minutes. Application doesn`t get easier than this, eh?

Appearance: Final finish was very smooth but not as slick as GEPC/S100. You could definitely tell the carnauba vs acrylic look but it isn`t really a good vs bad, just different. One thing, the JW products made the metallic standout much more than S100. I was actually caught by surprise as I "rediscovered" the metallic as I was buffing off the Prime .

All in all, given how easy it ended up being plus the durability, I`ll stick with it. I`m sure that I will try topping with S100 here soon to see what it adds (more slickness? more of a wet look?)

One thing to add, customer service at JW is impressive. I sent them an email late on a Friday afternoon and received a response 50 minutes later. I asked about application of both products as I had no experience with them. So others can benefit, here`s their response:

Thank you for contacting the Werkstatt with your product questions.

Prime Strong is pretty flexible in regards to timing. The 30 minute time noted on the bottle is derived from the curing time of the polymers. However, it can be buffed off much sooner, after each panel, or much later. It will not effect the long term performance of the resulting coating.

Just keep in mind that if you allow it to cure on the surface longer before buffing, it could lead to a bit more effort to wipe clean if it isn`t applied in a good uniform, thin layer. If worked into the surface properly with a polishing motion such that little residue is left, it will wipe right off the surface effortlessly. So that`s what you want to strive for.

It takes very little product. You just want to ensure even coverage over the whole surface. That dime size drop should be perfect per panel. You might use a bit more at first, until the applicator becomes "seasoned" with the product. You`ll quickly be able to gauge a good amount to use. Again, using too much is just wasting product. The aim is to work it into the surface in a light polishing motion until there isn`t much of anything left on the surface.

With AJ Trigger, one full spray should be perfect per panel. As long as you`re able to spread the formula over the full surface before wiping clear, it`s the perfect amount. You might end up using a bit more at first to ensure complete coverage, but you`ll have an efficient process down in no time.

Best of luck, and if any other questions arise, just email us.

Happy Detailing!

Werkstatt Product Development

Post Thanks / Like
    No pics?

I agree, Werkstatt is a very solid product line with great customer service.

I think you will find by morning, your paint is slicker than upon initial application. Personally, I`d just keep using Trigger instead of S100, especially going into winter since AJT is a lot more durable.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. It took me about 1/2 a car to figure out how much Prime Strong to use but once I did it comes off effortlessly if I use the proper amount and work it in until it almost disappears. AJT is a cake walk. I have a light silver metallic car and really like the Werstatt twins to make the car as sharp as possible with alot of flake. I then usually end up topping it every now and then with Souveran to give it that warm glow. When the carnauba begins to fade I still have the sealant protection underneath.

I also agree that JW`s customer service is impressive. They took the time to answer all of my questions before I made my first order and have answered all of my follow-up questions. Great products, price, and service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Def. +1 for JW.

I use AJT on lighter color cars and sometimes I layer the heck out of it for the winter.

Customer service was very too notch.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi maybe Scott or someone can answer, when they say one spray per panel would a panel size be around 2`by2` ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by altez
    Hi maybe Scott or someone can answer, when they say one spray per panel would a panel size be around 2`by2` ?

On a fender I can do one spray and spread it thinly enough to cover it. The doors/hood/rear quarters/trunk most of the time require 2-4 sprays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    No pics?

I agree, Werkstatt is a very solid product line with great customer service.

I think you will find by morning, your paint is slicker than upon initial application. Personally, I`d just keep using Trigger instead of S100, especially going into winter since AJT is a lot more durable.

Camera was on vacation with the wife and kids (but that`s why I had time to detail in the first place ).

I did notice that the paint got slicker with time, but it was a good day or so. Still not as slick as S100.

For the AJT, I found one full spray concentrated too much product in one area on a panel (door for example) so I used two half sprays across the panel.

Thread Information