Post Thanks / Like
    In another thread, optimusp517 mentions these glass towels. It`s hard to see from the picture, can anyone tell me if these are unique, or if they are like some of the other edgeless towels or perhaps the Poorboy`s Work Towel from a few years ago (which was changed and is now just like a lot of the other edgeless towels). Or any other comments?

As has been the subject of many other threads, I, like all of us, am always looking for the perfect glass towel, and these seem to be reasonably priced, as well. I would insert the picture from their site but it`s huge.

Post Thanks / Like
    might be worth a call to ads...he seems willing to help and honest

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I’ve been hunting for glass towels too.

Note that on ADS’s site the “Ultimate Heavy Duty 16" x 16" Microfiber Glass Towel†is labeled as being from Buff and Shine. Buff and Shine is a fairly well distributed commercial brand so I wouldn’t be surprised if others are selling them too. I haven’t tried Poorboy’s so I can’t compare them.

The weave on the “Ultimate Glass Towel†is sort of a fine herringbone pattern, with just a bit of nap. It’s very similar to their other glass towel, the blue “Premium Quality 15" x 15" Microfiber Glass Towel,†but heftier, with more nap. (The “Premium Glass Towel†has practically no nap at all.)

I just got my order of “Ultimates†and haven’t used them a lot yet but so far I love them. They clean great and have a nice feel in your hand. I was using their “Premiums†but was never quite satisfied with how they felt. The “Premiums†clean well but tend to stick to the glass more than my hand so keeping a good grip on them and evenly wiping large areas isn’t as natural.

The “Ultimates†are heavier and “floppier†so they are easy to hold while wiping and the extra nap cleans really well and glides nicely on the glass.

The biggest mistake I’ve made recently was not ordering the new ADS towels sooner. If I had, I might not have bothered ordering a load of Erie Cotton’s glass towels to try out. The EC towels are OK, but basically identical to the ADS “Premiums.†The EC towels cost more than either ADS towel and the ADS “Ultimates†blow them away in performance.

So far, ADS’s “Ultimate†is my top dog glass towel. I dislike any and all plush mf towels (edgeless or otherwise) on glass. I find cotton “huck†towels to be lacking in pretty much every way (I will use them to remove heavy grime before using “good†towels). TOL’s waffle weave glass towels are nice but they’re expensive and I prefer a smaller towel for glass. I’ve tried other hand-sized ww mf towels, Excel and Eurow, but neither works for me on glass (the Excels are wonderful for “chasing after a chamois†on paint). Meg’s duo-fiber towels clean well but aren’t available anymore, were known to unravel sometimes and I never figured out how to wash them efficiently (too much cotton to wash with other mfs and you don’t want to wash them with other cottons because of lint). I’ve tried some suede mf’s but so far they haven’t done it for me either (and some are very expensive).

PC.

Thread Information