Thread: Hold the mayo?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a white Accord not too long ago (few weeks) and the customer emailed me asking about how to get sap off of her car. They had been up to the mountains and there was a lot on the car. I told her that I would come by the next day to take care of it and that it wouldn`t cost her anything. "No......I can`t do that.....my dad used to use mayonaisse to get rid of sap o his cars....I think I might try that". WOW!! Again I told her that I had no problem coming by to take care of it and she said "no".......okie doke.

So I get an email from her this morning saying that she did it over the weekend and the car looks great. I asked her if the water still beaded up and she said yes....so all is well......so far. I still want to go by there and see the car to check the finish though.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since mayo is made with eggs, I hope she got it all off. Otherwise it`s just vegetable oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    I did a white Accord not too long ago (few weeks) and the customer emailed me asking about how to get sap off of her car. They had been up to the mountains and there was a lot on the car. I told her that I would come by the next day to take care of it and that it wouldn`t cost her anything. "No......I can`t do that.....my dad used to use mayonaisse to get rid of sap o his cars....I think I might try that". WOW!! Again I told her that I had no problem coming by to take care of it and she said "no".......okie doke.

So I get an email from her this morning saying that she did it over the weekend and the car looks great. I asked her if the water still beaded up and she said yes....so all is well......so far. I still want to go by there and see the car to check the finish though.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Hellmann`s is invading Clay Magic`s turf!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, that will ruin the clear coat if she didnt get it all off or at least wash it.

Just what does `great` and `beading` look like to a woman?

Not knocking women.. Many men do not know either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it`s beading... from the oil left over from the mayo :lol

My dad used to use an old tshirt to remove turtle wax BUT that doesn`t mean that I`m going to do it... :p

Thread Information