Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Having used Zaino products for many years, I know the quality that comes from that line, and I was never let down by any of the products, except maybe ZFX (another story). I was always most impressed with the sealants and their neverending durability and gloss. However, after giving CS my best effort, I am frustrated and disappointed with the purchase and end result.

I have applied CS to completely bare paint on two (2) different vehicles, using it as a standalone for testing. On both, it really didn`t add anything significant to the gloss factor (first disappointment), although there was greater slickness. What has really disappointed me the most is the Zaino-famous durability that I used to get from the sealants, and that is promised from Zaino. On both test beds, Z-CS beads nicely for about 1 month, 2 absolute tops, and then turns to nonuniform blobs and the protection just doesn`t seem there. Not Zaino typical.

I really like how it applies so easily though, never any streaking or application issues. But honestly, I get greater beading and longer, tighter beading from AquaWax than I am seeing from CS, not to mention AW adds way more gloss and wetness to the paint than CS. That is what is so disappointing to me. I have no confidence that CS can be used as a standalone anymore. Maybe I`m doing something wrong, although I doubt that is the case, as I`m no stranger to the Z products.

I remember when CS came out, the description read as such that it would give 9 month durability, when applied in conjunction with the Z polishes. Later that verbage was revised to say that CS can be used as a standalone for 9 month durability. I can see that it may extend the polishes to 9 months, but there is no way in the world it is going 9 months as a standalone on my cars. It`s practically dead after 2... Again, this is just frustrating....Zaino products have, for the most part, always held up to their claims, but I am not seeing it with CS. I likely will not order it again, when honestly, I can get better results from a $7 bottle of AW. I will still continue to use the bottle up, but I`m learly of using it now as my standalone.

Just my $0.02 worth...

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    did you polish with zpc, or do an apa wipedown(or wash the car) after?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Thanks for the review. I am interested in the work prior to ZCS. I am a little shocked that you only got 1-2 months. I have gotten 6 months out of a coat in MN winter, so I`m scratching my head.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Surprised you are only getting a month or two out of CS. I`ve been getting 6 months of tough New England winters out of it (even including a couple "no touch" commercial washes), but then again I`ve been using it as a final coat on top of ZAIO and Z2. Been so pleased with the duability I was going to use it as a final coat on top of 105 then AW the next day as I switch to DG products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Mike,

Thanks for the review. I am interested in the work prior to ZCS. I am a little shocked that you only got 1-2 months. I have gotten 6 months out of a coat in MN winter, so I`m scratching my head.

Greg

Is that with NOTHING underneath, not even ZAIO?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Greg

I am a bit shocked as well that it is not lasting as long as I`d expected. This is the first time I`ve been truly let down by a Z product. Every other product always exceeded my expectations. Certainly left me scratching my head as well. :hairpull

For testing purposes, the ZCS was intended to be used/tested as a standalone LSP with no other products used. Therefore, both surfaces had IPA wipedowns to remove any last bit of AW I had left on both cars, which wasn`t much anyway. Another thing that left me puzzled was that it never did/does bead extremely tightly, even right away. I mean, yes, it beads pretty good initially, but not what I`m used to seeing with the Z sealants or other products...then the beading falls off a cliff pretty rapidly.

I had really high hopes for CS too, as detailing isn`t much of a huge hobby for me anymore, like it used to be, due to time constraints and other life factors. So, for me, any product that offers great durability/protection, and supreme ease of use, is a winner for me. Time limits what I am able to do nowadays, so something quick and easy is what I`m after. I had hoped CS would be that one product that would put all others to rest. It`s no doubt supremely easy to use, but I`m just not getting the durability I think I should. :nixweiss: If I have to use ZAIO, Z2, or Z5 first, that defeats the whole ease/quickness thing, and I may as well stick with 105/AW combo...that`s why I was using CS by itself...

Thanks,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve also noticed a drop off in bead uniformity at 6-8 weeks. However, it`s so dang easy to use, I really don`t care. It`s rare that I would go this long and not do something (polish / clay/ bug & tar remover, etc.) that would cause the need to reapply any LSP anyway, so it`s not a big issue for me.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    This is odd. I`m getting 7 months durability on my wife`s Camry now.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    This is odd. I`m getting 7 months durability on my wife`s Camry now.

You haven`t applied anything to your wife`s car in 7 months?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Is that with NOTHING underneath, not even ZAIO?

Scott,

Nothing. It was po85rd or 106ff (I foreget), Then ISO wipedown, then 1 coat of CS

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    I am a bit shocked as well that it is not lasting as long as I`d expected. This is the first time I`ve been truly let down by a Z product. Every other product always exceeded my expectations. Certainly left me scratching my head as well. :hairpull

For testing purposes, the ZCS was intended to be used/tested as a standalone LSP with no other products used. Therefore, both surfaces had IPA wipedowns to remove any last bit of AW I had left on both cars, which wasn`t much anyway. Another thing that left me puzzled was that it never did/does bead extremely tightly, even right away. I mean, yes, it beads pretty good initially, but not what I`m used to seeing with the Z sealants or other products...then the beading falls off a cliff pretty rapidly.

I had really high hopes for CS too, as detailing isn`t much of a huge hobby for me anymore, like it used to be, due to time constraints and other life factors. So, for me, any product that offers great durability/protection, and supreme ease of use, is a winner for me. Time limits what I am able to do nowadays, so something quick and easy is what I`m after. I had hoped CS would be that one product that would put all others to rest. It`s no doubt supremely easy to use, but I`m just not getting the durability I think I should. :nixweiss: If I have to use ZAIO, Z2, or Z5 first, that defeats the whole ease/quickness thing, and I may as well stick with 105/AW combo...that`s why I was using CS by itself...

Thanks,

Mike

Quite interesting. How are you washing? I am getting tight beading well past when your`s fell off. Are you in a really abrasive environment?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing. It was po85rd or 106ff (I foreget), Then ISO wipedown, then 1 coat of CS

Wow, I hope this isn`t going to get :argue , but I bet the finish was real smooth after that Menz treatment, how long would it bead just from that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Wow, I hope this isn`t going to get :argue , but I bet the finish was real smooth after that Menz treatment, how long would it bead just from that?

That`s a good question. And honestly, I have a rough estimate. When I got my hood repainted, and when my sisters was repainted, I had, as you would expect, quite a bit of polishing to do. I found about 2-3 weeks max of real beading. After that, it was just big pools of water.

I wonder if this is a question of even coverage?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously TigerMike will have to answer that, but from my limited experience with CS (two tries) I haven`t figured it out yet (how to apply it properly/successfully).

Post Thanks / Like

Greg

I could be wrong, but I don`t think so. I use the supplied Zaino applicator and have used CS *very* liberally on the paint, often spraying far more than needed on each panel. Also, after going fully over the car once, I usually hit some surfaces (mostly the horizontals) with another spray or two just because. I have actually been overusing the product per application...

I have used nothing else at all on the paint, just CS. As for washing, I rarely even find time to do that these days, and it is down to about once a month, using a plain ole 100% cotton mitt and some DG car wash normal strength.

I do leave the cars outside 24x7 (no other choice), and occassionally park under trees at night, the same conditions for any product I use or test. Even so, I would have expected more from CS I guess...

I just don`t know... :think:

:sadwavey:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information