Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Atleast he didn`t change it to Goatzse *shudder* be glad for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is, without question, the worst website I have ever seen. It literally makes me angry.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    What a joke. FYI- changing image locations is not "hacking."

Pictures saved for future laughs just in case this guy changes them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Oxidation is the revolution of electrons / KMOD Alien Liquid Research /

Infinite Design 360

Oxidation is a natural build up of loose oxygen electrons also known as "free

radicals" some of these are attracted to thermoplastic surfaces. These electrons

have a natural negative charge and are drawn to the surface of acrylics in

concentrated amounts when current is passing through the headlight. These

electrons will build up on the surface until no light can come through. In the process

they create an absorbent surface layer that will trap road debris such as gas and oil.

These additional contaminants can turn the oxygenated surface from white to yellow

to brown.

Environment and vehicle maintenance has a large part to do with how fast this will

happen.

This oxygenated surface solidifies into a hard outer coating.

Ummm wow. As a chemist, the person who wrote that has NO CONCEPT of oxidation. :angry There are a few type of oxidation in chemistry, there are Oxidation/Reduction couples which are systems in which one molecule/atom is oxidized at the same time as another is reduced. The electrons NEVER EXIST in a free form. There is Hydrogenation/Oxidation in organic chemistry where a compound that is oxidized loses hydrogen atoms (sometimes by gaining an oxygen but not always).

In the case of paint, I would think, often times what we call oxygenation is actually UV-mediated cleavage of at least one of the bonds in the compound. This cleavage then either accompanied by a rearrangement of the bonds in the molecule, which changes the molecules properties, or the cleavage of the bond actually breaks the molecule apart into two smaller molecules. Actually, there are additional modes of action besides and in addition to cleavage but anyways the person who wrote that is completely ignorant of physics and chemistry. Yet they want you to trust their knowledge of chemistry on YOUR PAINT. :hm

Post Thanks / Like
    Good explanation Pedro. I suppose we cavemen are not so stupid after all. I don`t think anyone should support a business that incorporates insults into its ad campaigns. Even if this stuff really was a miracle product, there will always be a problem where wet sanding or polishing is the solution, having that knowledge of sanding and polishing certainly does not make one ignorant. His website truly is terrible, in this age of WYSIWYG editors, I wonder how a site could be designed so poorly, the order links practically trick you into ordering cases. There are some nice looking reflection shots on his site, but nothing that rivals what I`ve seen here on Autopia. I`m fine being called a "Caveman", I`ve been called worse, and I`ll stick to my polish and wax. When he decides to stop pretending to be a chemist and insulting knowledgeable detailers, I might consider giving his product a try...on some spare parts...if I can figure out his site.:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    So no one bought 16 cases of the ALR for $4025.95? No? Hmmm... what a surprise lol. How do people like this stay in business, has anyone actually bought this stuff, that would be the real miracle here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan46n2
    So no one bought 16 cases of the ALR for $4025.95? No? Hmmm... what a surprise lol. How do people like this stay in business, has anyone actually bought this stuff, that would be the real miracle here.

Group buy anyone?
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonsfavson
    Group buy anyone?

Now that right there is funny.

:woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, gotta love the swastika in his logo as well. Look at his logo. There is a circle with a swastika in it. Now I know for Hindu`s the swastika is sacred, but some how I doubt he is Hindu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? You`d think that with all of the useless knowledge rolling around in my head I would know this, but I never had a clue. Learn something new everyday.

Hope you`re well, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8
    Wow, gotta love the swastika in his logo as well. Look at his logo. There is a circle with a swastika in it. Now I know for Hindu`s the swastika is sacred, but some how I doubt he is Hindu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing well man. Hope you are doing well, too.

Since I know you love useless knowledge like me, check these out:

Swastika in Hinduism: Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How the Nazi`s came about adopting the Swastika: Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, it looks like those link to the same place but they link to different parts of a LONG article.

By the way, if you are driving down Rose St. towards downtown, there is an apartment building from the early 1900s that has a swastika in brick on the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear.

Thanks for the link(s).

Yeah, I`ve seen that building. Someone pointed that out to me about ten years ago...pretty damn crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8
    Doing well man. Hope you are doing well, too.

Since I know you love useless knowledge like me, check these out:

Swastika in Hinduism: Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How the Nazi`s came about adopting the Swastika: Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, it looks like those link to the same place but they link to different parts of a LONG article.

By the way, if you are driving down Rose St. towards downtown, there is an apartment building from the early 1900s that has a swastika in brick on the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like he changed his JPG again. :spit:

This guy is chucking quite a tantrum...shows his maturity. :hm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMummyman
    Nice to finally register, I hope to learn alot from you all.

What does it matter how old the thread is?

Since this IS David`s forum and his rules, I guess he should rethink his signature from...

:welcome

to "my way or the highway"

That`s exactly how he acted in this thread, and that`s a fact.

There are many good and effective treatments for bi-polar disorder now. Just putting that out there...

I could care less about the Pittman products, it`s obvious you guys would never use them anyway. I`ve never used them either.

Bottom line is the moderator shouldn`t threaten bans because someone disagrees with if a post is spam, or an actual person who used the product. Merely tell the person it`s suspected spam and case closed. Don`t threaten a ban unless they change their "tude". I could care less about the Pittman poster, as I think it was BS, but for the guy who spoke up who disagreed? Nobody thinks that is a shred inappropriate to ban him?

Just a few things to think about...

1. Spammers number in the millions. Mods on any internet forum are out numbered by millions to one. Forum admins/mods/owners just don`t have the time to ponder every suspected spam post. A brand new guy`s first post reads like a Billy Mays infomercial, he`s gonna get banned. Instantly. Then the mod moves on to the next spam/shill post.

2. This board is not subject to any sense of fairness. It is the *property* of it`s owners. As such, the owners can do *whatever they see fit* to do with their *property*. Including kicking your butt out for complaining about their unfairness. Don`t like it? tough. Unfair? Too bad. That`s the way it is. And you`re complaining about it is *not* going to change anything. Stamp your foot all you want. You`ll just be shown the door faster. But you are more than welcome to buy your own forum software, pay an ISP to host it, and start up your *own* forum. That way you can post to your heart`s content about how unfair this place is. But until you are the one *paying* for the extensive cost of running Autopia, you have *zero* rights here.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the support, SuperBee. When I cleared out the moderation queue this morning, roughly 20 or so of the posts were spam, from about a 1/2 dozen different spammers (all now banned). That was about 50% of all of the posts in the moderation queue.

Since this incarnation of the forum software, we`ve had to ban nearly 1000 members, the *vast* majority of which were spammers. By "vast", I mean well over 95% . . . it`s very rare that a non-spamming/non-shilling member has to be banned for violating other forum rules (be polite, don`t attack others, etc.); most get a warning or timeout, and get the message without having to escalate to banning. It does happen, but the number is truly miniscule compared to the sheer number of spamming SOBs that receive the ban-hammer.

My wish for spammers and shills:

Followed shortly by:

Tort

(moderator)

P.S. Hope you`re feeling better, Supe.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information