Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not detailing for a side job at this point, just doing my Scion tC.

25x36 - it says in the description that one towel will do the job for small cars.

Will I be fine or do I have to go with two? Every dollar counts at this point in my shopping cart so if I can get by doing my entire car with one, I`ll be very happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you sheet rinse you should be able to get what`s left off with one towel. I would recommend blot drying to reduce marring as much as possible.
    When the going gets strange, the wierd turn pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, no, you need more than one. If only because [stuff] happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    IMO, no, you need more than one. If only because [stuff] happens.

I agree 100% ... for example all you have to do is drop the towel on the ground accidentally and it`s really not fit to drag across paint. Best to have a back-up just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smprince1
    I agree 100% ... for example all you have to do is drop the towel on the ground accidentally and it`s really not fit to drag across paint. Best to have a back-up just in case.

Yep - stuff does happen and the classic ground drop would prob be the first thing that goes wrong on my first detail!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tCspool
    25x36 - it says in the description that one towel will do the job for small cars.
    I read this quote as saying it is versicle and can be used for many tasks no necessarily that this is the only towel you need to do the whole car. Though, this is from reading your post only.

Thats a pretty big towel. knowing me, with that much materials it will end up touching the ground. So far I have preferred my smaller towels and just use multiple (in case of accidents). So far I got the feeling I can never have enough microfiber in my diet

chris
    `00 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (BRP)

`02 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon (SSM)

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the biggest corbra drying towel and that thing can do three cars without a problem and also has pockets so it doesn`t fall out of your hands.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a number of us have talked about before, the hands-down best deal is the white WW dishtowels from Wal-Mart (Mainstays, 2 16x26 towels for $2.96).

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    you need at least 2 and probably 3 or 4. If you drop the towel you need to immediately stop using it. Washing won`t remove all the dirt from your car. The towel will get some dirt on the surface and will need to be washed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    As a number of us have talked about before, the hands-down best deal is the white WW dishtowels from Wal-Mart (Mainstays, 2 16x26 towels for $2.96).

Thanks for this tip - did a search and read more. Seems like these towels are of the same quality as The Perfect Shine Drying Towel for quite a bit less. I hope they still stock these by me (I noticed the thread regarding these Walmart towels was over a year old).

You saved me $24 - the cost of the Walmart WW...thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    For the price, I like the Walmart waffle weave mf towels, but they don`t really compare to the Sonus towel, neither the Der Wunder drying towel nor the Ultimate drying towel. I am not familiar with the perfect shine drying towel, but since they`re still selling the Der Wunder, are these the replacements for the Ultimate drying towel (yellow with red satin edge). If the material is the same, it`s a very soft waffle weave, whereas the Der Wunder is thicker and more coarse, but more durable. The Walmart waffle weave is similar (in texture) to the Der Wunder, but they are not as soft.

My car is probably similar in size to a TC, and if you sheet rinse, you can dry your car with just one towel. But, even if you don`t do this for a living, it`s always nice to have plenty of towels on hand. I would buy at least 2, especially since shipping will cost the same, if not much more. I would never buy just one towel and pay all that amount for shipping.

Once you get nice, big quality waffle weave drying towels you won`t go back to the Walmart ones. I save those for really dirty cars, cars that rips my towels easily, and for ONR washes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT

Once you get nice, big quality waffle weave drying towels you won`t go back to the Walmart ones. I save those for really dirty cars, cars that rips my towels easily, and for ONR washes.

I have TONS of WW`s, ranging from the overpriced Guzzlers and Big Blues, to virtually the same towels for much less. The W-M towels are definitely the best bang for the buck, and there is something really liberating about using a $1.50 towel instead of an $11.50 one...as you said, you don`t reallly worry about getting it dirty, ripping it, using it in door jambs or for QEW/ONR. Since I have all those other pricier WW`s, the W-M`s do get used for the dirty jobs, etc., but if I had to start over, I`m not sure I wouldn`t use them as my primary drying towels and just demote them to dirtier duty as they got more stained and worn.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I do the blotting method of drying along w/sheet rinsing...I`m sure the Walmart WWs will perform just as safe as the `big name` brands.

$1.50 per is amazing when I was just about to spend $24 for two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the $24 ones are larger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Well, the $24 ones are larger.

LOL - now I see the price difference...!:har:

Thread Information