Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have any opinions on the comparison?

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.

and

FK1

1000P High Temp Synthetic Paste Wax

Finish Kare FK1 Consumer Detailing Products

I would appreciate any advice.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used WG, not bad but pricey and I compared two cars I did -one with WG the other with Duragloss 105, after 6-7 weeks the Duragloss still had shine and beaded water much better than the WG. Compare prices and it`s a no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had really good luck with the WG, but always keep an eye out for other products. Thanks for the DG advice. Question. The WG never leaved the white chalky crud in the seams. Major plus. How `bout the DG?

I had been using Glare but despite stellar results the white excess crud I had to clean out of the seems reduced me to using it before winter only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Junebug -

That`s not what he`s asking us to compare.....Wolfgang vs Finish Kare is the topic.

My finding is that Wolfgang looks better but FK1`s product lasts much longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang is a nice looking product..but its downfall is the durability.....

The FK1000 will out last the WG by far....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Chalky whitish crud?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    FK1000 is a synthetic wax and gets pretty good reviews on durability and looks. Wolfgang might be deeper looking but generally gets poor reviews on durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no experience with the WG sealant. However, I have use 1000P extensively. I love 1000P any color except dark solid colors. Anything thats light colored or any color metallic 1000 is awesome. I apply two coats a wash apart. Incredibly reflective, not much depth. The durability is awesome, easy 3 months of unchanged beading. Initial slickness lasts for a long time, I don`t recall any quantative measure. I love 1000 on wheels as well.

Application. 1000 will leave white residue if your sloppy, but I have had zero problems removing the residue from porous plastic. Reeeeally thin coats and it buffs off after 20 minutes with ease.

Price. Killer deal for $16.xx for 16 oz. IME, over 30 applications and barely have made a dent.

From what Ive read, WG looks fantastic, the durability is so-so.

HTH, If you have any more Q`s ask away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, maybe I was a little tough on WG. It does apply easy and is easy to take off. About the residue - well, yes, it does turn white but doesn`t stain. Thinner applications are better - ie, two thin coats vs one THICK one. Still like Duragloss better.....never tried FK products or Zaino either (I`m cheap)

Post Thanks / Like
    To me looks is what counts. WG is excellant in the looks department. It has great depth and shine. Easy to apply. It lacks long term durability. FK has good looks and better durability. To me the choice hands down WG.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s funny how people always refer to Zaino as an expensive product. Junebug, you really should give Zaino a try and here`s why it is NOT expensive: A bottle of Z-5 pro sealant is $16.95. When applying, you only use a very little product but the durability you will get from that one application lasts for many, many months. In fact, I keep wanting to put another coat on my Tundra but every time I go to do it, I realize...it doesn`t need it! Please know that it has been six months since I first applied this product. Actually, I feel that Z-5 is very inexpensive because at this rate, my bottle is going to last about 3 yrs.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Im still a rookie at this, but IMO WG DGPS just doesnt do it for me. Before I topped DG #101 with it, 101 was really reflective, wet looking, and the paint just popped. I thought that WG would add to it, but all it did was tone down everything. WG is supposed to have sealant characterstics (i.e. durability, ease of application) and carnauba-like finish, but IMO it doesnt not excel in any of those areas (well besides ease of applicaton). It doesn`t last that long and if i want a carnauba-like finish, I would rather slap on some Nattys Blue, which looks way better.

Haha, sorry that just my $0.02 cents. I have not tried FK 1000, so no opinion on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Wolfgang sealant a long while back. It leaves a very nice, deep, wet gloss, and is extremely slick however that effect doesn`t last long (couple weeks tops for me). Immediately after using it, I remember getting lots of compliments on the look from strangers, some even asking what I had done to or used on the paint. What really turned me off was durability. It lacks any significant protection, and the gloss/slickness disappeared after mere weeks. That is unacceptable for me on a daily driver, and I haven`t used Wolf`s since. True story.

To me, Wolf is *very* similar to other "oil in water emulsions" on the market....they all have great slickness, wet look, but poor durability and protection. The $30+shipping price tag is way to steep for what the product does IMO.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey TigerMike, I found a killer combo - Banana Wax from Majestic Solutions and topped with AW. And Zaino guy - I really thought if you went the Z route you needed to buy the whole deal and it was like a 5-6 step system. Actually, I`ll probably never try Z because I`m finding all the stuff I need through Majestic and I`m trying hard to get away from ordering on line - paying shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    ...The $30+shipping price tag is way to steep for what the product does IMO.

I agree. I received a sample of WG sealant AFTER I ordered a bottle. I used the sample, did not really like it, and now I have a full bottle just sitting here :doh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information