Post Thanks / Like
    MICROFIBER DRYER TOWEL

VS

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

I want one of CGs drying towels, but not sure which one. I have a waffle weave and it works but it seems like the other towel would absorb more water and pull any dust up and away from the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    definately the first one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i bought the first one listed and was dissappointed with it. if you want a good high quality mf drying towel, get the viking instead (or the vroom mf drying towel which can be found at target). it can be found out your local k-mart ($8.99), kragen. the second one you have listed (waffle weave) is one i use on a regular basis, as well as the one listed below...

Post Thanks / Like
    gotta agree - the first one. Hey, BigAl3 - what didn`t you like about it? I`m thinking about getting it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PTRon
    gotta agree - the first one. Hey, BigAl3 - what didn`t you like about it? I`m thinking about getting it too.

it just wasn`t any better (plushness, softness, nap, etc) than the other mf drying towels i`ve used and it cost more ($12.95) and i had high expectations of it too, only to be let down. the vroom or viking mf drying towels are just as nice and about $4 cheaper to boot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purplenurple
    MICROFIBER DRYER TOWEL

VS

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

I want one of CGs drying towels, but not sure which one. I have a waffle weave and it works but it seems like the other towel would absorb more water and pull any dust up and away from the paint.

Second one, no question. The one I got was VERY soft, and is still going strong after a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBuddha
    Second one, no question. The one I got was VERY soft, and is still going strong after a year.

agreed craig, and i`ve been using mine for a looong time with no probs as well. i think once i`m ready to order some more, i`ll get them from patrick as he has them for $10.99 vs. CG`s $14.95, and they look to be the same exact thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    agreed craig, and i`ve been using mine for a looong time with no probs as well. i think once i`m ready to order some more, i`ll get them from patrick as he has them for $10.99 vs. CG`s $14.95, and they look to be the same exact thing...........
    Yep, I have both and they are exactly the same as the Exceldetail Monterey WW. The only difference is a better price and much better service from Exceldetail.

BTW, those are my favorite drying towels...... very very soft and absorbent........ I stocked up on a bunch from Excel (Patrick) after I got my first one from him. There are some others that are made from the same material, but at this time I believe those are the best price, and you can`t beat the service from Exceldetail.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reivews guys. Does Excel Detail have equivalents to these as well? - CHUBBY 6.35mm THICK SUPRA MICROFIBER TOWELS 16.5 x16.5 (6 Pack)

Ultra Fine 100% MICROFIBER TOWELS BLUE 16"x16" (1 Dozen)

I looked but didnt see anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 6 of the second one listed and they`re going strong after several months. Still soft and very absorbent.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    The best towel out there IMO is CG`s Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT Great for drying super absorbant. Great for polishing, wax removal etc.!!!!!! Buy these and if you don`t like them I`ll buy them from you.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they worth it over CHUBBY 6.35mm THICK SUPRA MICROFIBER TOWELS 16.5 x16.5 (6 Pack) and Ultra Fine 100% MICROFIBER TOWELS BLUE 16"x16" (1 Dozen)

For the same price I would get 50% more towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they worth it over CHUBBY 6.35mm THICK SUPRA MICROFIBER TOWELS 16.5 x16.5 (6 Pack) and Ultra Fine 100% MICROFIBER TOWELS BLUE 16"x16" (1 Dozen)

For the same price I would get 50% more towels.

You`re comparing apples to oranges. The big towels are good for drying because you don`t have to keep going back and grabbing more towels from your bin.

The 16x16 towels can be used for drying, but they`re better off used for different purposes.

I have always found BigAl3`s and Elliotness` reviews on microfiber to be pretty honest and accurate. If I were buying from CG and I had to pick between those 2 drying towels, I would go for the 2nd one because it looks to be the very soft waffle weave material that some other places sell. Like BigAl3 mentioned, you can get a similar towel as the first one at your local Kmart or Target if that`s the type of mf drying towel you`re interested in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    You`re comparing apples to oranges. The big towels are good for drying because you don`t have to keep going back and grabbing more towels from your bin.

The 16x16 towels can be used for drying, but they`re better off used for different purposes.

I have always found BigAl3`s and Elliotness` reviews on microfiber to be pretty honest and accurate. If I were buying from CG and I had to pick between those 2 drying towels, I would go for the 2nd one because it looks to be the very soft waffle weave material that some other places sell. Like BigAl3 mentioned, you can get a similar towel as the first one at your local Kmart or Target if that`s the type of mf drying towel you`re interested in.

In that post I was referring to MXRX8`s post about getting the Deluxe towels.

I know the difference between towels lol

I am already set on the WW towel for drying, but wanted to see if its worth it to get 12 deluxe towels for 34 bucks, or 6 chubby and 12 of the regular MFs for 34 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    In that post I was referring to MXRX8`s post about getting the Deluxe towels.

I know the difference between towels lol

I am already set on the WW towel for drying, but wanted to see if its worth it to get 12 deluxe towels for 34 bucks, or 6 chubby and 12 of the regular MFs for 34 bucks.

ahh LOL sorry, my bad! I mistook your post as comparing the 16x16 towels to the drying towels.

Thread Information