Post Thanks / Like
    Not enough for a C+B but I figured I`d share. I had about 2 hours to get my car cleaned up for a charity car show on Monday so I decided to see how RMG would cover my very un-autopian paint (wash swirls, a few RIDS, 4 months since last polish) and seal it in w/ some AW.

It worked fantastically!

I know most don`t like the idea of "fillers" but I`ve way too busy these days to spend hours keeping my car in perfect shape. With a wash and spot clay, the RMG and AW combo took about an hour and a half. If it lasts a month I`ll be elated.

I`ll update this thread after I wash it tonight to see if it holds...
    ...BlackSheepSquad...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s great! You found a means to an end... and boy is the end pretty! I can`t find any swirls!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great for the amount of time/effort!

Not sure about AW bonding over the RMG, but if so, it should easily last a month. AW is pretty durable on bare paint, I do know that...

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by violentveedub
    I know most don`t like the idea of "fillers" but I`ve way too busy these days to spend hours keeping my car in perfect shape. With a wash and spot clay, the RMG and AW combo took about an hour and a half. If it lasts a month I`ll be elated.

I hear ya! I really need to properly polish and protect all the cars I take care of, but since I started using AW it makes my life a lot easier (and made me a bit lazier too). I haven`t used it under a glaze, but I usually apply it over a dead LSP with just a simple wash and it`s always easily lasted more than a month. Most people won`t even realize the true durability of AW since they`ll probably apply it again before it hits 2 months considering how easy it is to apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    AW was my LSP, nothing underneath, after the last time I polished my car with FPII. It stayed that way for 4 months or so. I can`t really attest to the true durability b/c I always use FC&S and typically re-apply AW every 2 weeks or so. It works great b/c it`s always fresh.

However, I didn`t wash the car for nearly 3 weeks (it was awful) and it really started to kill the AW. You`ll need something more heavy-duty for winter or extended wash periods.
    ...BlackSheepSquad...

Thread Information