Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard that Meguiars 80 leaves "trade-secret" oils and will interfere with the bonding of sesalants. If I plan on using the DG line, and I have 601 PBA, will it be sufficient to remove these trade oils?

Post Thanks / Like
    #80 certainly doesn’t interfere with any of Meguiar’s sealants. They recommend you use it prior to their LSP’s.

If somebody else’s sealants can’t handle topping a simple glaze, that’s up to them.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree, I have tried topping #80 with #21 and it absolutely did not bond. I have used #21 over many other polishes just fine, but it absolutely did not bond over #80.

It could be user error, but I highly doubt that because every other time I have used #21 I have had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I don’t know what to tell’ya. I’ve used #21 over #80 countless times. It’s a standard process for me and lots of my friends. Always works great for us.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not put a sealant over #80 and I believe this has been the reason why I`ve never seen the durability with NXT that some people have gotten. I`ve always used NXT over #80 or #3 Machine Glaze and durability for NXT was always horrible.

If you don`t think there`s any trade secret oil, the next time after you polish with #80, wash your car and it will bead better than any Meg`s product you`ve seen (minus Ultimate Quik Detailer as I haven`t used that in person)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    Hmm, I don’t know what to tell’ya. I’ve used #21 over #80 countless times. It’s a standard process for me and lots of my friends. Always works great for us.

PC.

I thought that the first day or so, then it rained... It was certainly not the type of beading I was used to from #21.

Post Thanks / Like
    #80 uses alot of the same oils as #7.. Ive always used NXT over #7 and Ive never had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just remembered that the times I used NXT without #80 or #3 under it, it was on wheels and I don`t know why I didn`t come to that conclusion earlier, but now it makes sense why I was surprised NXT protected the wheels better than I was expecting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm... So what should I do to remove those oils? Would a wash be sufficient, or do I have to do an IPA wipedown? Furthermore, would any of you know whether 601 can remove these oils?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT

If you don`t think there`s any trade secret oil, the next time after you polish with #80, wash your car and it will bead better than any Meg`s product you`ve seen (minus Ultimate Quik Detailer as I haven`t used that in person)

#80 lays down a mild, new paint safe polymer protectant. I`ve used it with NXT with zero problems.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used all kinds of stuff over #80 without problems including #21.

BTW how are you determining #21 didn`t bond to #80?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231
    I disagree, I have tried topping #80 with #21 and it absolutely did not bond. I have used #21 over many other polishes just fine, but it absolutely did not bond over #80.

It could be user error, but I highly doubt that because every other time I have used #21 I have had no problems.

Same as others, I have used NXT, #21, #20, UPP, Poor Boys EX-P over #80 and have never had an issue. #80 is a very nice polish and does a nice job of cleaning up anything created by DACP.

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m another one who uses M21 after M80. No problems with bonding or durability that others have mentioned

I`m working with a sample of Danase Paint Sealant that I am going to have to test over M80 sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m planning on polishing the minor scratches from my black 98 Corvette with a UDM/white LC pad and #83, followed by #80, followed by #21, so would I be better off leaving the #80 on the car for a few weeks (and a couple of washes) before adding #21? Or can I do it right away? If I do it right away do I need to give the car a good wash in between the #80 and #21?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman
    I`m planning on polishing the minor scratches from my black 98 Corvette with a UDM/white LC pad and #83, followed by #80, followed by #21, so would I be better off leaving the #80 on the car for a few weeks (and a couple of washes) before adding #21? Or can I do it right away? If I do it right away do I need to give the car a good wash in between the #80 and #21?

#80 is a polish not a sealant or wax and offers no protection. No need to wash between the #80 and the #21.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information