Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, whats up everyone, I am a new member and Look to the knowledge of this site to maintain my personal vehicle.

I just purchased a 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona in the Sublime green color. The paint is a metallic, but not an obvious metallic like others. Im looking for suggestions on the best product to bring the yellowish metallics in the paint to life and "glow", like it does at night under gas station lights. Ironically, the only thing that has done that for me so far is the "tripple foam" offered at those do it yourself pressure hose washes, and I have tried alot of spray detailers, waxes, and polishes.

Also, any newer suggestions on Paint Sealants? I tried doing a search but most the stuff I was digging up was from 2004. Just wondering if any new products came out or anything that work good

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia!

I`ve heard a lot of reviews of success with Zaino Z2 on light colors with metallics.

I`ve like Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett: trigger also.

Do you just want a sealant? Or would you be willing to buy a carnauba wax?

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    A good glaze will will bring out the metallic. Look into RMG and DWG...

Post Thanks / Like
    Glazes atop a nice polymer would be nice.......Keep in mind, glazes are for looks and offer very short lived protection. (Hence the polymer below it) Let the Polymer set a good day or two though before using a glaze for showboating that beast! And part of your newbie orientation is to share pics!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of paint sealants work very well nowadays. Most can mimick the wet glow of a carnauba while providing durability as well. Optiseal, Zaino, Ultima, Duragloss are all different types of paint sealants that are great to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    `Here is a picture of the car Im reffering to. It has very fine yellow metallics in it that when under a Parking lot bright white light at night, makes the car glow like a lemon pearl is mixed within the green.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nHere is the same color car with the more \"yellow/green\" depth im trying to achieve\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nI see as far as sealants / glazes / and waxes go, there are differnent ones to use based on the color of the car........suggestions on a good start to finish clean for this color to achieve the glow like the second pic???? `

Post Thanks / Like
    What about this duragloss 601 followed by 105 sealant I keep reading about, will that bring the yellowish metallics out on a lime green car? Also, I keep reading about people that use the above mentioned combo using "AW" after, what it AW?

Also, is their a certain online store you guys use to purchase all these products from like zaino, nattys blue wax, etc, since they are not OTC?

I tried to post pix but I got some wierd message and my post dissapeared in here

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find that Zaino looks killer at dusk and under artificial lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargeron24s
    What about this duragloss 601 followed by 105 sealant I keep reading about, will that bring the yellowish metallics out on a lime green car? Also, I keep reading about people that use the above mentioned combo using "AW" after, what it AW?

Also, is their a certain online store you guys use to purchase all these products from like zaino, nattys blue wax, etc, since they are not OTC?

I tried to post pix but I got some wierd message and my post dissapeared in here

AW=Duragloss Aquawax.

People purchase from a number of online vendors - autogeek.net, pakshak.com, exceldetail.com, danase.com, zainostore.com, etc.

Also, I think you need 5 or 10 posts to be able to post pics here.

Post Thanks / Like
    ahh ok, thats why It wouldnt let me post pix.....darn, i have a pic of my car, and my exact same color car with the finish im looking to achieve I wanted to post b/c words dont do it as good as visuals!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I clean the car at a regular "do it yourself" car wash with a high pressure wand, tripple foam, etc

Then I come home and use Mcguires h20 detail spray, followed by a layer of Simoniz electric trigger polish

Will Klasse "All in one" cleaner followed by the Klasse sealant give me better results then what I do now?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the absolute *best* glow, you need to machine polish. KAIO is nice, the sealant isn`t really popular these days because many feel there are easier and better looking sealants out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion would be Men. PO85RD polish, Red Moose Glaze X 2, Then Pin. Souveran X 2, 24 hours between PS coats. Then if you want a extra boost for a few days, Meg. pure polish like #5, 7, or 81. JMHO
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome... good luck with the car. I`ve seen the Daytona in that color and it looks great! Not really a sealant, but something tells me Collinite 845 would look great on that color. Otherwise, all the other product suggestions listed here would look nice, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    zomg stop washing the car with the brush at the car wash!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information