Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading on several car forums about using an APC cleaner, like Meguiars APC(+) and similar instead of Simple Green because it corrodes, even when diluted. Isn`t SG an APC too? I have to admit I have used SG for a long time, diluted, of course, and still need to see a problem with it.

Now, I`m open to suggestions for "safer" APC`s around and reasonably priced.

Thanks!

Joey
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, simple green is an all purpose cleaner. I`ve heard that it corrodes some type of metals if memory serves me right. I think it was bare aluminum. I`ve never had a problem with it damaging any type of surface though. I used to use this product on my white lettering and it worked great. I personally don`t think it`s that harmful of a cleaner in my opinion. As with any product just be careful on how you use it. If it`s working for you, and you`re happy with the results of the product, why change?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use simple green max diluted 5-1 for carpets in soccer mom minivans, you know the ones, lipstick , cheetos, chocolate from one end to the other; works pretty well, works really good on engines 3-1.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to not consider Simple Green as an APC because I don`t think it`s safe for all surfaces like leather and alcantara. It works great for heavy jobs, but I don`t think it can diluted down safe enough to work on some surfaces.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by III
    If it`s working for you, and you`re happy with the results of the product, why change?

Because you might discover something better!

For apc i use megs. I have a big jug and it`s no going to run out anytime soon. I have simple green too, i just don`t use it for detailing.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I don`t think it`s safe for all surfaces like leather and alcantara. It works great for heavy jobs, but I don`t think it can diluted down safe enough to work on some surfaces.

Yes, you`re right. I totally forgot about using it on coated leather. I believe it says right on the bottle not to use it on this type of surface. As far as dilution, I don`t know if it still would harm leather. I asked this question once to a rep when I called, but that was years ago and I don`t remember what was said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple Green is also a "degreaser" which removes the oil from areas it comes in contact with. Its horrible on the hands.
    1996 GMC C1500

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple Green is a great degreaser and cleaner but it`s chemical makeup is differnet than most traditional APC`s and caution needs to be used regarding aplication.

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone used this foam version (saw it at wal-mart for around $3)? was thinking of using it on tires/wheel wells/engine. was curious what the long term effects are as well...

The strength and safety you have come to know and trust in our Simple GreenĂ‚® All-Purpose Cleaner - now in a foam! Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner Foam is a non-toxic, biodegradable, colorless and unscented, specialized foaming formula designed to be used on practically any washable, indoor, outdoor and automotive surface.

This ready-to-use, specialized cleaner foam clings onto a variety of hard-to-reach and vertical surfaces, allowing for more effective cleaning and degreasing.

In step with our environmental responsibility, Pro Series Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner Foam contains no CFC`s and the cans are 100% recyclable, made with partially recycled steel.

Where To Use

Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner Foam is great for use on ovens, range-hoods, vents, colorfast carpets and fabrics (spot test first), tires, wheels, tools, counters, grease and oil stains, stove-tops, refrigerators, sinks, showers, tubs, tile, toilets, fiberglass, canvas, recreational and sports equipment, stainless steel, chrome, outdoor and patio furniture, trash cans and much more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot
    Now, I`m open to suggestions for "safer" APC`s around and reasonably priced.

Megs Detailer Line APC

Charlie Soap APC

Einman Fabrik Hi Intensity

Poorboys APC

I`m sure there are other`s I forgot, but these are what are on my shelf at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a APC/ degreaser, I like this stuff called Greased Lightning. I get it at Murray`s for pretty cheap, I think like 10 bucks a gallon. I`ve used it undiluted for engines, wheels and tires, and on carpets (but I do use a hose on carpets so it gets diluted a bit) and have yet to see any negative effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpowers728
    For a APC/ degreaser, I like this stuff called Greased Lightning. I get it at Murray`s for pretty cheap, I think like 10 bucks a gallon. I`ve used it undiluted for engines, wheels and tires, and on carpets (but I do use a hose on carpets so it gets diluted a bit) and have yet to see any negative effects.

Murray`s - You must be from Michigan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Murray`s - You must be from Michigan?

Yup.

...is Murray`s only in Michigan?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think so.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the Castrol APC? It cleans well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information