Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When using a quick detailer, you don`t need to use the one that is sold with your LSP correct? In other words if using KSG or JW AJ, you don`t have to use Sonus Acrylic Spritz or JW Quick Wash correct? Or if you are using an acrylic sealant like the two mentioned you should use a quick detailer made for acrylic sealants?

The reason I ask is that there is a Mirror Glaze in Louisville and I would like to buy Final Inspection by the gallon simply due to cost and not having to pay for shipping. Or since Meguiars does not sell an acrylic sealant (I don`t think they do), I probably should not use Final Inspection on a LSP such as KSG or JW AJ?

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not really an issue of being able to use a QD on a particular LSP, it`s more an issue of whether the QD will leave behind any oil substances which would inhibit the bonding of further applications of sealants. Final Inspection is a "body shop safe" QD which shouldn`t cause you any of those problems, but if you are using an "oily" QD, a wash with a compatible shampoo beforehand (or a wipedown with a compatible QD) should get you ready for another sealant application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    It`s not really an issue of being able to use a QD on a particular LSP, it`s more an issue of whether the QD will leave behind any oil substances which would inhibit the bonding of further applications of sealants. Final Inspection is a "body shop safe" QD which shouldn`t cause you any of those problems, but if you are using an "oily" QD, a wash with a compatible shampoo beforehand (or a wipedown with a compatible QD) should get you ready for another sealant application.

Thanks. I am pretty skeptical when an LSP makers says their QD is specifically for their sealant. I just wanted to make sure before I bought a gallon of Final Inspection and goofed up the sealant on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, frequently LSP-specific QD`s have a touch of the LSP polymer in them to refresh the LSP, so there can be some benefit to using it in that case, so it could be argued that the cleaning action of a QD could be degrading the LSP instead of refreshing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, frequently LSP-specific QD`s have a touch of the LSP polymer in them to refresh the LSP, so there can be some benefit to using it in that case, so it could be argued that the cleaning action of a QD could be degrading the LSP instead of refreshing it.

Good point, I never thought of that. I have noticed some sealant makers will have two detailing sprays one more for cleaning that may have a slight amount of sealant in it, the other with a decent amount of sealant in it more for refreshing the originally applied sealant. For JW, I guess it would be JW Quick Wash for the quick cleaning and JW Glos more for the refresher. For Klasse I guess it would be Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz that fill those roles. I may just be a tight wad and get the gallon of Final Inspection, haven`t decided.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went thru a QD phase and have about 14 different ones. You won`t go wrong with just the FI.

Post Thanks / Like
    megs #34 is more of a cleaning QD and I like to use it to take away polish dust while working. I use other QD`s after washing or waxing to add just a little extra (FK1`s #425 is great at this!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what he said. I have eleventy-seven QD`s from the cleaning ones, to the oily glossy, to the sealant-refreshing ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went thru a QD phase and have about 14 different ones.

Must have been one heck of a phase.:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Thread,

But the how can you tell the difference between them?

I my self have over 10 QD`s

Here are most of em,

FK425? - < Great QD not a good cleaner but has allot of sealant in it given the

Smooth surface it leaves.

AJT - Great sealant refresher, I don`t like the slickness it leaves behind "not great slickness"

AJ Quick Detail - Good cleaner but again has almost no slickness what so ever.

Acrylic Carnauba Jet "Spray" - Streaks like crazy and it leaves allot of haze if not sprayed on and super quickly removed.

Acrylic Carnauba QD - Same issues as the previous one but is a little slicker. Both of those products are bad IMO Acrylic are a good company and great customer service. But they fell short of this one big time

Swissvax Quick Finish QD - This is a great product to use with Swissvax Wax`s but apply very very thin and buff quickly, It hazed after 3 days of Appling it on my car so I guess it has Carnauba in it.

Suverna Spray carnauba Wax - Great product for a carnauba spray No streak or haze what so ever but again saverna has the worst durability of them all.

Zaino Z6 QD - Great A+++ cleaning quick detail, I love it but I don`t like the sealant look it leaves behind.

Z8 - Great product leaves a carnauba like depth behind and gloss, Does it have carnauba in it?

So again I really wouldn`t know this info unless I have tried them, so they coast me allot of money and at the end half or most of them are just not being used because of their issues. I wish there will be a guide only for quick details and which once does what job on the finish and maybe a more detailed product guide for sealant / carnauba go to QD`s.

I have Swissvax Concorso or BoS on my car and I have no idea what to do if I run out of their Quick Finish QD which is pain in the behind to master and apply correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    ajt is a sealant not a qd....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraskaz71

That would probably be expensive to use as a qd.:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraskaz71

I dunno, the lines get kind of blurry, many will argue, but what about some "detail sprays" like Sonus Acrylic Glanz, or Zaino Z8? More than a QD, less than a sealant. AW is in the same category. Now with the WOWA products it`s more blurry IMO.

Most QD`s put down some sort of gloss/slickness enhancement, with varying degrees of durability. So if one QD puts down some oily stuff that washes off or evaporates in a few days, how much different is Acrylic Spritz or Carnauba Spritz, that put something down that lasts for a week or two...and how different is that from Glanz or Z8 or AW...or from a WOWA product...it`s a matter of degree, really.

Before anyone gets their shorts in a bunch, I`m just musing...not making a political statement! :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Houdini
    Great Thread,

But the how can you tell the difference between them?

I my self have over 10 QD`s

Here are most of em,

FK425? - < Great QD not a good cleaner but has allot of sealant in it given the

Smooth surface it leaves.

AJT - Great sealant refresher, I don`t like the slickness it leaves behind "not great slickness"

AJ Quick Detail - Good cleaner but again has almost no slickness what so ever.

Acrylic Carnauba Jet "Spray" - Streaks like crazy and it leaves allot of haze if not sprayed on and super quickly removed.

Acrylic Carnauba QD - Same issues as the previous one but is a little slicker. Both of those products are bad IMO Acrylic are a good company and great customer service. But they fell short of this one big time

Swissvax Quick Finish QD - This is a great product to use with Swissvax Wax`s but apply very very thin and buff quickly, It hazed after 3 days of Appling it on my car so I guess it has Carnauba in it.

Suverna Spray carnauba Wax - Great product for a carnauba spray No streak or haze what so ever but again saverna has the worst durability of them all.

Zaino Z6 QD - Great A+++ cleaning quick detail, I love it but I don`t like the sealant look it leaves behind.

Z8 - Great product leaves a carnauba like depth behind and gloss, Does it have carnauba in it?

So again I really wouldn`t know this info unless I have tried them, so they coast me allot of money and at the end half or most of them are just not being used because of their issues. I wish there will be a guide only for quick details and which once does what job on the finish and maybe a more detailed product guide for sealant / carnauba go to QD`s.

I have Swissvax Concorso or BoS on my car and I have no idea what to do if I run out of their Quick Finish QD which is pain in the behind to master and apply correctly.

Interesting collection of QD`s there

I`ve gone through the sampe phase and tried a heap of them until I stumbled onto a locally made one which is king of them all in so many ways

When I do use werkstatt on a customers car, I apply the prime acrylic and two or more coats of AJT

After that, a 50/50 mix of Acrylic Gloss and AJT gives faster and easier use (AJT can be a bit time consuming to apply by spray and wipe)

FK`s 425 is certainly a great QD but so many have failed to restore that super slick feeling that a just detailed car has and I prefer QD`s that restore slickness, clean well and leave a coating of sealant

What makes the aussie one stand out is machine use as final step when polishing a car, slickness is insane, sealant in it lasts four to six months, paint shop safe and will hide some of the swirl marks for weeks so killer for car shows.

Great on windows too.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    When I do use werkstatt on a customers car, I apply the prime acrylic and two or more coats of AJT After that, a 50/50 mix of Acrylic Gloss and AJT gives faster and easier use (AJT can be a bit time consuming to apply by spray and wipe)

Why is that, too thick?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information