Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Endurance seems to get good feeback here but I sure haven`t had any luck with it. I can`t even get it to last more then a week (or my next washing) before the black is all faded out.

I don`t want shine/gloss but I would like a product that makes tires look flat or satin black for a couple months.

Is there something better that lasts??? (I am in rain country)

Post Thanks / Like
    The new Ultima product is supposed to be very durable. I don`t like the greasy products like Endurance just from a cleanup perspective, so maybe someone will have another suggestion, but out of the PDMS (milky white) dressings, I find the Zaino Z-16 to last the longest (not months). Also the Optimum tire shine is pretty good.

Tropicare makes a tire product that is more of an Engine Kote/floor wax kind of clear resin product, which is supposed to last for months, but I could never get it to take correctly. Perhaps it was because I never got the tires clean enough or maybe the tire chemistry just wasn`t right for the coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Wet No Mess is high gloss and last longer than most car washes. I wipe it down with disposable towels every couple hundred miles or so to remove brake dust that gets on it.

Wiping smears but only for a few minutes..shine comes back. If you like that low sheen though it`s not for you. It doesn`t sling and i can`t find any overspray either.

Super Shine Detail Products
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t remember the last time I used Endurance. It was that bad...so messy and had no lasting power at all for me either.

I`ve used a lot of tire dressings, and I find that Zaino Z16 and Duragloss TMD (Tire and Mat dressing) are the best available. They are nearly interchangeable for me...both look the same and last as long as the other (several weeks to a month). They give a nice "satin new" look to the tire, instead of the greaseball look. I`d save yourself the cash though and look for the TMD...should be found locally pretty easily and will save you some cash from ordering the Z.

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is going to last a couple months.

How old are your tires? Old tires dont hold tire shines for very long.

Thread Information