Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    http://eagleone.com/pages/products/p...=1127&cat=5005

As far as looks of th gel, well thats subective so I`ll leave that to a different thread. But as far as applying the product, WOW this made it fast, easy, and gave even coverage of the product. Whats great, is that after it runs out, you can just refill the bottle with what ever tire gel you prefer!

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks to be an idea with merit. What I have done is to buy 8 terry covered sponges from Harbor Freight for $2.00. Apply your choice of tire dressing and spread it around with the cheapo applicator. Once they are beyond nasty pitch it and get another. Dirt cheap and works well for me. Not to take away from your post, just an alternative suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will stick to the regular eagle one applicators with the yellow base. I really like the Meguirs tire gel.

Post Thanks / Like
    The most convenient, long lasting, and best looking thing for me so far has been AA Original Tire Foam...just make sure to park you car in front of your neighbors house and spray it...so your driveway doesn`t get blotched.....JK. But it does mess up your driveway so move it into the street.
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LQ9SS
    I will stick to the regular eagle one applicators with the yellow base.

agreed, but eventually i`m going to buy (been putting it off) these as it seems to last alot longer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    agreed, but eventually i`m going to buy (been putting it off) these as it seems to last alot longer..........
    Hey BigAl, you should take a look at the one TOL carries:

Tire Dress Express

It is similar but this handle swivels. I never thought it would make much difference, but after getting one for Christmas it has become my favorite dressing applicator. You can also get tire cleaning pads for them, but I haven`t tried those yet.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness

Tire Dress Express

It is similar but this handle swivels. I never thought it would make much difference, but after getting one for Christmas it has become my favorite dressing applicator. You can also get tire cleaning pads for them, but I haven`t tried those yet.

thanks eliot! i have so many tire swipes, i`ve been putting off on getting one of these or the griots applicator. since both you and accumulator have recommended/experienced this, this will be my next purchase! :2thumbs:

p.s. any coupon code?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will stick to the regular eagle one applicators with the yellow base. I really like the Meguirs tire gel.

I`d have to disagree. I started out using these, but found that they fall apart and create a mess quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    agreed, but eventually i`m going to buy (been putting it off) these as it seems to last alot longer...

For my own understanding, why would you want one of these when it can come attached to the bottle of tire gel? Its the same thing, your just making it a two part process as opposed to a one step. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danforz
    For my own understanding, why would you want one of these when it can come attached to the bottle of tire gel? Its the same thing, your just making it a two part process as opposed to a one step. :nixweiss

first, you can use whatever dressing you want with it, and is it that much harder to open a cap and put the product on the pad? I mean it takes like a few more seconds of work.

Post Thanks / Like

+1

I prefer water-based dressings and this tire swipe is great for even application (no sling), easy to clean and lasts (don`t know how well it would stand up to gel as I gave away my Turtle Wax Platinum gel after finding it attracts a fair amount of dust). It also helps conserve my Poorboys BnB (now that`s a great product for adjusting the amount of shine).

TOL`s swipe looks good (wasn`t Scottwax the one who first reviewed it?) but since I`m just a weekend warrior, can`t justify the $$$. Maybe something for my Xmas list.
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marmstrong
    first, you can use whatever dressing you want with it, and is it that much harder to open a cap and put the product on the pad? I mean it takes like a few more seconds of work.
    You can use what ever product you`d like with the E1. After my E1 is completed I`m going to fill the bottle with AA tire gel.

Furthermore, the other method makes a greater mess imho.

Finally, since it takes me about 2 hours to wash my car, yes I wouldn`t mind saving a little time and having less products to store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness

Tire Dress Express

That`s the tool I`ve been using for a few years now, It`s still going strong and the velcrow pads clean very easily. I think i ordered six pads initially, and still have two brand new ones. Although i did have to superglue the handle back on, they break easier than you might think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danforz

i don`t want to have to bother with holding that bottle everytime, and eventually that foam on the bottle will deteriorate. not to mention, you get 3 hook & loop pads (which will last a long time!) and the plastic handle will last forever...

Post Thanks / Like
    i don`t want to have to bother with holding that bottle everytime, and eventually that foam on the bottle will deteriorate. not to mention, you get 3 hook & loop pads (which will last a long time!) and the plastic handle will last forever...

DIdn`t the post above you just mention that the plastic handle doesn`t last forever?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information