Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used 303 for a couple of years and noticed little in the way of smell..until today. It STINKS. Question is...is there anything close in function I can get OTC that protects as well?

Yuck..my hands even stink!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine started to stink after a while but it still works great. I don`t notice the smell in my car after I apply it either.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Your 303 smells because it most likely was froze and then thawed at one point. The 303 will still work the same, just stinks now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if a few drops of something that smells good would hurt......?

My 303 doesn`t smell like Zaino either.

Anybody have any recommendations......?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like 303 for under the hood and stuff, but won`t use it inside because it smells bad. Depending on the vehicle, I will either use Poorboy`s Natural look, Adam`s VRT, or Z10 on all leather and vinyl (and plastic) surfaces.

Oh, Adam`s VRT used to have a unique smell that I really liked, but the most recent bottle I received smells JUST like Natural Look :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, wondered if one could add a few dops of an air freshener or something....I love the protection, but this time, the smell is not so great!

Post Thanks / Like
    The brand new bottle of 303 I bought at the beginning of spring smelled right from the beginning. So unless the bottle was frozen while shipping there must be something else going on with the 303 formula. Previous bottles bought of the last 3 years did not have this bad smell. I think it smells like dirty smelly sweat socks with a touch of vinegar. I have noticed that it does not smell with every car I use it on. Like there is some interaction with some plastic or vinyl in the car that brings out the smell. Or a combo of the plastic, interior cleaner (DP) and 303 that is making the smell.

The smell does go away in a day or two, but I have had 2 people complain about the smell after their interior was detailed with 303. I have been trying FK1`s TopKote lately and I think it is an excellent product. It has a nice minty scent and looks great. I was suprised how long it has lasted on exterior plastics and makes a really good tire dressing. On tires it leaves a low sheen, new rubber look that really beads water and is lasting much longer than 303.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never really cared about the smell of a product as long as it does the job well because the smell goes away really quickly. Only way I would have a problem is if the smell was always there and never went away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBAILEY
    ...I have been trying FK1`s TopKote lately and I think it is an excellent product. It has a nice minty scent and looks great. I was suprised how long it has lasted on exterior plastics and makes a really good tire dressing. On tires it leaves a low sheen, new rubber look that really beads water and is lasting much longer than 303.

I agree, I love FK #108. Great look, little goes a long way especially when you use the sample bottles (I have done 6 interiors with one 4 oz. bottle and still have some left over!)

For an OTC product to pick up, maybe Armor All Origional? :think:

I used it for the first time on tires today and like it. It doesn`t seem very shiny. Water-based, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new version of Optimum Protectant Plus has a nice leather scent, not sure if all the old stock has been sold out though. It has a similar light sheen like 303.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1
    Question is...is there anything close in function I can get OTC that protects as well?

I`ve recently switched to Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer. Really like the stuff. A nice satin finish and your hands are clean and grease free after use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used 303 (not much smell, fairly low matte finish) and Mothers Protectant (a little shinier but very very nice cinnamon scent but nothing after applied).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    The new version of Optimum Protectant Plus has a nice leather scent, not sure if all the old stock has been sold out though. It has a similar light sheen like 303.

I like the new version of Optimum Protectant Plus. The protection is great, application is easy for a low sheen product, and the smell has a leather scent. Overall, I really like this product and am glad I bought a gallon.
    Current: 2007 LS460 Silver/Black

Former: 2007 Lexus ES350 SGM (Bought Back by Lexus)

Post Thanks / Like
    303 shouldn`t smell.

I received one bottle in January that smelled like BO. I contacted 303 about the odor. They replaced the bottle promptly...really great service.

The rep stated in the email reply, "no offensive odor unless

it has been frozen (which destroys this product). After that, it separates and often such an

odor can occur."

Post Thanks / Like
    Did he say that the 303 is no good after being frozen and seperates? Or just that a smell results. I wonder how my bottle had been frozen. I`ve only had it since the weather has been warm like early May. I got it from AG. Maybe they had inventory that had been frozen during shipping from 303 and then sold to it all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information