Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I still consider myself really new to detailling so sorry if this sounds wrong lol. Currently on my red 98 gmc show truck I use aio, rmg, then exp with wait period of course and then nattys blue followed sometimes by fk425. I like how it usually turns out. I`ve noticed over time that there is streaks of exp or nattys that appear again and are hard to remove any idea what causes that?

Also I`ve tried what i`m told is spit shining and just wanted to make sure i`m doing it right. I squirt panel down with quick detail then wax while its wet, let it dry to haze, then respray and wipe wax off....

Finally, I`m outta most of my products and I`m willing to try any combo that will make my red look even shinier/wetter, any hot new products/waxes that would work even better than nattys blue for my application? Thanks a ton guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Chemical Guy`s 50:50 paste is a show-stopper, Souveran is always good but the price has gone through the roof lately, and Optimum Opti-Seal is a good pick - only 15 minutes between layers for OS.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    NebraskaZ71,

I don`t know how close you are to Omaha, but I have quite a shelf-full of various products that I`ve tried. If you can think of anything you`d like to have a sample of, just PM me, and if I have it in my supplies, you`re welcome to try it.

I also have Polycharger and Ultima on hand . . . if you`d like to try a Polycharged sealant/wax, or give Ultima a try, we can probably figure out something there, too.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    In general, waxes are better for looks in the short term. On my red I start with Menzerna polish. PO85RD or Final Polish then Red Moose glaze. Top off with Pin. Souveran and you should have a killer finish.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran always sounds awesome but I draw the line at that price lol

Tortoise thanks where are you at in omaha? I`m just west of omaha a ways.

I`ve never heard of the chemical guys stuff how good is it compared to nattys? thanks again everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Nebraskaz71,

I`m right at 96th and Q. My gf`s parents live out near 168th & Center; maybe we can meet in the middle there someday.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    that 50/50 looks good, whats the diff between that and the pets 53. I still see some say they like nattys blue better for wetness hmm

whats that ultima stuff like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nebraskaz71,

I`ve only had a chance to use Ultima a couplle of times on my own car (over the top of Polycharged Werkstatt). Slickness is insane, looks very wet, and I can treat my WRX in < 10 minutes.

I`ll be doing some finish work on a red `69 Camaro restoration in Gretna next weekend, and I`ll be using Ultima on it. If you`d like to see Ultima on red paint, maybe you can swing by the shop when I`m done with it (if nothing else, I`ll be taking plenty of pictures).

Tort

P.S. If you want to stick with a paste wax and give Souveran, S100, or #16 a try, I have those on my shelf.

Thread Information