• Perfect Wheel Brush

7 8.64%
  • Meguiar's Vesa Angle Wheel Brush

25 30.86%
  • Other

49 60.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, looking for a brush for my wheels. Its between Meguiar`s Versa Angle or Perfect Wheel Brush.

Only reason I`m being so picky is the PWB LOOKs like it`d work better then the MVA, however I`ve heard a lot of good things about the MVA.

Opinions?

Perfect Wheel Brush

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danforz

that brush looks like the kind you can buy at wal-mart, etc.. the nice thing about the megs brush, is you can take off the handle and the bristles are soft as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to know that Meguiar`s has discontinued their brush line.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    do a google search... "Meguiars Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush" and you`ll find some places that still stock them, otherwise check your local big lots like i mentioned before...

Post Thanks / Like
    The Perfect Wheel Brush looks pretty generic. I`m almost sure Walmart sells something very similar to that.

Meg`s Versa Angle brush is pretty decent. It`s better for wheels with larger surface areas. The bristles are soft, considering they`re for wheels. I personally hate how the bristles clump up together when they`re wet, but it still does the job.

The better Meg`s wheel brush IMO is the corn on the cob style spoke brush. That gets in areas where you normally couldn`t reach without removing the wheels. Its downfall though is that all the twisting, pushing, and pulling you will do to clean certain wheels will eventually destroy this brush. The metal will eventually snap. Also, it`s more prone to damaging wheels because the only thing protecting your wheels from this sharp metal that the brush is constructed of is a little rubber tip, and that will probably break off first before the brush itself falls apart. Unfortunately, I haven`t seen this brush sold anywhere else so far.

The Meg`s Versa Angle Wheel Brush you still might be able to find at a local Big Lots.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it`s harder for me to clean the wheels with a long Carrand brush that looks very similar to the one pictured here - better suited for the undercarriage IMO.

My vote goes to OXO brushes - ergonomic , wears well, softer than generic wheel brushes, still readily available. :2thumbs:

OXO also makes a spoke brush but I haven`t tried it. I had (and loved using) a Mr. Clean sheepskin spokebrush that Accumulator would have approved off (no risk of marring). Unfortunately, it met it`s demise after I tried cleaning a friend`s wheels with it (the cracked CV boot leaked some nasty chemicals into the wheels).
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    That brush does not look all that good. The Meg`s brush can be found at some Big Lots for $5.99, the brstles are really soft and hold suds well. My local BL still had 2 or 3 left a couple of days ago. They also had the tire and wide body brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zingyginger
    I had (and loved using) a Mr. Clean sheepskin spokebrush

+1, LOVE that spoke brush. I have two that I also found at Big Lots, but can`t find them anymore. I wash the face of the wheel with the Meg`s brush and hit between the spokes with the Mr Clean brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes check your local big lots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for info, every BL`s I`ve been to in the L.A. area has not had a single Meguiar`s brush.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like the looks of that brush, I do have a few sets of megs brushes, but honestly i very rarely even use a brush on wheels, normally use a mf bone or some sort of washing sponge. Grout sponges work well on wheels (thanks spoiled).

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you clean the back of the wheels without cuts in your sponge or your hands?
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted "other" as I do most of my wheel cleaning with an assortment of BHBs.

Quote Originally Posted by zingyginger
    How do you clean the back of the wheels without cuts in your sponge or your hands?

Wash media with handles (e.g., Quickee Sponge Mops for glassware, "foam on a stick" from Danase, EZ Detail Brush), or little sponges/mitts (e.g., "four finger mitt" from Griot`s).

I don`t care if the wash media get cut, it`s my fingers I take care of

Post Thanks / Like
    I don;t use a brush on wheels. I use an old wash mit.

For behind the spokes, I use a foam sponge dish mop. Works great...and is easy. Dollar stores have `;em.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use old wool mits on wheels. I could never clean wheels well enough with anything else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information