Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Helloo everyone,

Well after reading on the detailing world "UK forums" about Zymol

and how nasty they become with their customers, I voted my self out of it

and went with Swissvax instead.

I got My order 4 days ago in a very nice package here comes Concorso with 51% carnuba by volume. It smells great like pineapple or passion fruit but that’s not what I am after though lol.

I also got their Cleaning Fluid and I think it is the basic one NOT the Medium or the Strong formula. So I am thinking of giving My car a nice 106FF or FPII to clean out the paint

that is in perfect condition but has come swirls very minor once in some spots, so with a White Polishing CCS pad and a rotary combo with 106FF I think it will polish them out very nicely and won`t cut to much of the clear. My question is,

1- Any reason why I should follow 106FF with white polishing pad with FPII and a finishing pad? the black one from the CCS line by LC

2- I also have a Green German CCS Pad, should it be used instead of the white pad?

3- Swissvax Cleaning Fluid Should I use the black CCS LC finishing pad via PC speed 3 would that be enough?

4- The recommended application is by bare hands to Apply Concorso, Should I or can I use moist applicator pad instead of hands to a nice even coat?

5- if Yes to #4 Should I use a micro fiber applicator or a foam applicator like the once Maguire yellow once?

6- I have a set of 4†LC CCS Pads, Should I use those instead of the standard once?

Why yes or why not!

I am looking forward to do this next Sunday coming up. I will post pictures of the results but I want as much advice as I can get, and trust me I have done extensive search on this matter but I still want your advices! :thx

Edit: The car I am doing is My BMW M6 Saphire Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone has experince with any of these products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good questions, and I`m curious as well about this stuff as I`m considering buying it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Houdini
    Helloo everyone,

Well after reading on the detailing world "UK forums" about Zymol

and how nasty they become with their customers, I voted my self out of it

and went with Swissvax instead.

I got My order 4 days ago in a very nice package here comes Concorso with 51% carnuba by volume. It smells great like pineapple or passion fruit but that’s not what I am after though lol.

I also got their Cleaning Fluid and I think it is the basic one NOT the Medium or the Strong formula. So I am thinking of giving My car a nice 106FF or FPII to clean out the paint

that is in perfect condition but has come swirls very minor once in some spots, so with a White Polishing CCS pad and a rotary combo with 106FF I think it will polish them out very nicely and won`t cut to much of the clear. My question is,

1- Any reason why I should follow 106FF with white polishing pad with FPII and a finishing pad? the black one from the CCS line by LC

2- I also have a Green German CCS Pad, should it be used instead of the white pad?

3- Swissvax Cleaning Fluid Should I use the black CCS LC finishing pad via PC speed 3 would that be enough?

4- The recommended application is by bare hands to Apply Concorso, Should I or can I use moist applicator pad instead of hands to a nice even coat?

5- if Yes to #4 Should I use a micro fiber applicator or a foam applicator like the once Maguire yellow once?

6- I have a set of 4†LC CCS Pads, Should I use those instead of the standard once?

Why yes or why not!

I am looking forward to do this next Sunday coming up. I will post pictures of the results but I want as much advice as I can get, and trust me I have done extensive search on this matter but I still want your advices! :thx

Edit: The car I am doing is My BMW M6 Saphire Black

No, not unless you need to, which you won`t. 106FF finishes better than FPII, if anything I`d do 106ff with a finishing pad if 106ff with a white leaves halo`s, which it won`t.

You can try it. I use 106ff with a white LC pad and finish down perfectly on almost all paint.

It`s a pain to use via machine, I use it via hand. I do not use it most of the time; it`s really just a glaze like HD Cleanse. It`s ok, but a little irritating to use, like HD cleanse. If I used it via machine I`d use it on a black LC pad, low speed.

You can, but I don`t know if you should. I apply it by hand and it`s easy. I find it goes further, and the coat is no more or less even. If you do apply via an applicator make sure to warm it up in your hands first, it`s is gritty enough that it will marr the finish otherwise.

I`d use foam, but like I said, I do it by hand.

Only if you need more cut when cutting, which it doesn`t sound like you will.

Have fun. Concorso is one of my favorites.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flish
    Good questions, and I`m curious as well about this stuff as I`m considering buying it myself.

I am sure someone could give us some advice.

I went with Concorso for couple reasons

first its Carnauba+Black Paint= :getdown

second as advertised it will last 3 months and after that per the instructions

you apply a second coat which will give you another 3 months so in total that is 6,

After the 6 months you should use the cleaning fluid again to clean the paint

and reapply a coat.

third reason would be Zymol Concours Wax is pain in the @$$ to apply, everyone

who has used it says that "Read UK Detailing World" But some say that as much

of a pain it is to apply a product like this means it is better and longer lasting carnuaba based,

Any truth to this?

I am not expecting 3 months out of the Swissvax Concorso because of few reasons

First in the US we have higher humidity and heat than Switzerland or even the UK has

"I went to both countries recently"

Second I am a nice guy so I will be happy with 2 months of nice beading and protection

Which I find Carnauba based product like this one is much better than sealants at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picus

Thanks a ton Picus,

I will sure do it by hand as some of the UK detailers confused me as some use applicators.

when using cleaning fluid how low of a speed should I go with the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus

No, not unless you need to, which you won`t. 106FF finishes better than FPII, if anything I`d do 106ff with a finishing pad if 106ff with a white leaves halo`s, which it won`t.

You can try it. I use 106ff with a white LC pad and finish down perfectly on almost all paint.

It`s a pain to use via machine, I use it via hand. I do not use it most of the time; it`s really just a glaze like HD Cleanse. It`s ok, but a little irritating to use, like HD cleanse. If I used it via machine I`d use it on a black LC pad, low speed.

You can, but I don`t know if you should. I apply it by hand and it`s easy. I find it goes further, and the coat is no more or less even. If you do apply via an applicator make sure to warm it up in your hands first, it`s is gritty enough that it will marr the finish otherwise.

I`d use foam, but like I said, I do it by hand.

Only if you need more cut when cutting, which it doesn`t sound like you will.

Have fun. Concorso is one of my favorites.

ditto, i have done a few cars with concorso. I use an autopia german color pad to apply cleaner fluid, and buff it off with mf towel. i then apply concourso via hand.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

you apply a second coat which will give you another 3 months so in total that is 6,

and reapply a coat.

third reason would be Zymol Concours Wax is pain in the @$$ to apply, everyone

who has used it says that "Read UK Detailing World" But some say that as much

of a pain it is to apply a product like this means it is better and longer lasting carnuaba based,

Any truth to this?

First in the US we have higher humidity and heat than Switzerland or even the UK has

Second I am a nice guy so I will be happy with 2 months of nice beading and protection

Which I find Carnauba based product like this one is much better than sealants at.

I don`t think being more or less of a pain indicates more or less durability. I find Concours to be a pain to remove too; if you remove it too soon it`s tacky and will leave little particles all over the car. If you remove too late it gets very hard, you have to time it well, but even then it can be tough. Concorso is easier; it isn`t *as easy* as say, Souveran or P21S, but it`s easier than Concours and you have more of a window to remove it. I apply to the entire car by hand then start removing. I routinely get 8 weeks out of it.

Now on to protection; I agree, I like carnaubas better. Best of all, I find waxes like concours and concorso clean up very, very well, in that when you wash the car it is extremly easy to remove dirt, bugs, etc, and the car looks freshly waxed each time.

Picus

Thanks a ton Picus,

I will sure do it by hand as some of the UK detailers confused me as some use applicators.

when using cleaning fluid how low of a speed should I go with the PC?

I`d use speed 3 or lower, no reason to use anything higher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picus Great info! :2thumbs:

Can I apply this wax every 2 months with no issues? if the paint is in a good shape that is.

or should I use cleaning fluid as per thier instructions after the second coat?

also I am aware of the spit-shine process, how effective is it with this wax? using chilled water befor applying on a panel

Post Thanks / Like
    I just re-apply the wax without cf. I don`t think it`d make much difference since at 8 weeks the concorso will be almost completely gone anyway. You could always layer it every 4-6 weeks minus the cf.

I have not spit shined concorso, but have with concours; it works well (and yes, chilled water). I am going to try with concorso eventually.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    with a fine finishing polish like Fp2 the green german pad works fine-if using a stronger polsih the white pad will probably produce slightly better results

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, Thanks Picus, great info on here!

Thanks Wannafbody, I think a White Pad with 106 would give the correction I want

and clean out the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

and reapply a coat.

Anyone have specific input on the bold section?
    -The Gecko

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone? ^^^
    -The Gecko

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that folks have already commented on the bold section. What specifically are you asking about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information