Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had a problem with Aquawax getting hazy/foggy? I`m having this intermittant problem with the hood getting foggy like a windshield does. I wipe it with my finger, and it`s a smeared mess. I had it happen back in early July the first time I used it after I had polished/waxed a week before. I think it was removed just by washing. But then I used it again a couple weeks ago and had the same problem. It`s really just the hood, no other areas that I can see. I washed it Friday night and couldn`t remove the haze until I used my Danase Turbo Shine and it looked great. Then I drove it the first time on Sunday to church. When I was back home, it was all foggy/hazy again. I don`t think I`m using too much because I`m not applying any differently than any other area. Could it be the heat and/or the AW not playing nice with the wax underneath? I really don`t know what the wax is because it was a test wax from P21S. Under that is XMT Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the humidity high in you area? How much product are you using? This might be a problem. I had the same thing happen a little bit back, and found out I was using too much+high humidity. Try a little less product, and check out the results.
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Like bigfoot mentioned, you should probably try using less product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, this week has been very hot in the high 80`s with very high humidity. I think it`s something to do with the heat because I had used it a couple times in May/June with no trouble and applied it pretty much the same from what I recall. Plus the fact it`s only the hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of the isolated location on your vehicle (hood) tends to make me believe the the AW is being effected by the engine heat causing the wax/glaze to dissipate its beautifying oils into the AW top layer. These oils are being trapped in the AW layer causing it to haze and/or lift from the finish (the smearing you experienced). If this were a total wax/glaze/AW incompatibility it would effect all areas of the vehicle.

Maybe next time use either the wax or just the glaze before AW or do not apply the AW until a few days have passed after using both the glaze and wax combo have been exposed to a few engine/environmental heat cycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    mix one third AW and two thirds FC&S
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions. I`ll have to do some experimenting..

Post Thanks / Like
    Less products and two MFs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree what with blkZ28Conv. I have never had AW do that to me, but his explanation makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a square mf applicator (pre-dampened so it doesn`t soak up all the AW), and spread it around with one spray which is enough to do one panel...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had that happen to me on the hood of my black g, z28 is definitely on point, two microfibs works great too. gotta love AW for the price/look etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a square mf applicator (pre-dampened so it doesn`t soak up all the AW), and spread it around with one spray (which is enough to do one panel) then buff off with a mf towel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually that reminds me, the first couple times I used it, I used two MF`s, one to spread it around, then I went back with a dry one to buff it. I haven`t done that the last couple times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    Actually that reminds me, the first couple times I used it, I used two MF`s, one to spread it around, then I went back with a dry one to buff it. I haven`t done that the last couple times.

I don`t really do that either. I just take one MF and wipe on, walk away. I don`t really see any hazing that would necesitate a second pass with a MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just said that because I wonder if I`m putting it on too thick, and maybe the buff with a dry mf was removing excess the first couple times I used it.

Thread Information