Post Thanks / Like
    Heres the situation. Bought Zaino Clear-View a while back and have used it 2 times. The first time I used only a drop. It removed "some" of the water spots on the windows but not all. Today I accidently spilled the bottle on the windshield of dads corvette. Oh, well, might as well get out the rotary and a polishing pad. The glass on his vette is in awful shape. I buffed it to a haze and then wiped it off with a microfiber. Pretty much did nothing....

Now I thought it was supposed to remove water spots, acid rain, and light scratches and bugs. Maybe I am not using it correctly??

Anyway, if I am, I need something more agressive. Whats the product and proceedure to use to remove light scratches and junk you would find on a windshield?

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    I had excellent success today with a 4" yellow pad, UDM and Optimum compound!

First time I really had to remove water spots (of a serious nature) and it worked very well.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am speaking from personal experience here...my car had HORRIBLE spots on the glass

Originally i used the Diamondite glass polishing kit... and it did a good job... glass looked great.

However, i do occassionally get spots back on the windows from washer fluid and stuff because its so hot this time of year that its sometimes impossible to get off... ive found that a buffer (in this case my PC) and some light compoud will take anything off... i even used some SSR3 on the lower rear glass (the trunk covers about 2" worth) and it worked great on that... play around with compounds... stay aggressive with the pads IMO.... then polish like you would the paint
    From Chaos comes Clarity

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Crystal Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had great luck with Chrome polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try THIS Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Autoglym Glass Polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    In my last order, I purchased some 1z Einzett glass polish along with the 5.5" glass polishing pad that AG just recently started selling. I guess I will find out how well this combo works. My package should arrive next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    sprayway glass cleaner massaged with steel wool works great.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the duragloss glass polish is supposed to work well. I suspect that if the Zaino glass polish didn`t work you might need something really aggressive and the Diamonite stuff might be it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice guys. I was afraid to tare into glass the same way I would the paint because i didn`t know how it would react. I didn`t want to damage the glass in a way causing more scratches.

So it should be alright to go at it with some Four Star Swirl Remover with a Cut or Polish Pad and a Rotary? I don`t have any LC pads so I can`t index the colors for you.

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll throw in an off-the-wall suggestion -- Zaino Z6 to remove water spots. I washed the car yesterday and had to leave for an emergency before drying, when I came back the entire car was covered with water spots. I used Z6 and they came right off -- maybe because the spots had only been there for a couple hours. I did not try on the windows. Anyway, I thought I`d toss it out there as something to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the following very successfully:

(From least to most aggressive, with no marring)

AG Glass Polish

KAIO

Mothers Chrome Polish

Brasso (more effective than compounds IMO)

And use aggressive applicator. I find a foam pad too soft. A cotton bonnet over a firm foam pad is ideal.

Thread Information