Thread: #16 expriment

Post Thanks / Like
    This has prolly been done 40 times before.

#16 users know that it can sometines be a PITA to take off depending on weather ,, heat ,.... humidity .. it always changes .. I usually do it very thin and apply 3 panels .. remove 1 .. apply one etc. My car is especially hard cuz its white so your doing a lot by feel/drag.

Today today I applied 3 panels and the ph rang and tied me up for 1/2 hour .. When I tried to remove #16 it was a little trickie so I misted it with Megs Last Touch QD and it came right off.

Next I did the trunk and taped off 1/2 of it and removed 1/2 with just a fresh MF and the other 1/2 with a fresh MF misted with Last Touch. In full sun there was a visable difference on the positive side for the QD removed side.

And if it effects the life of it .. who cares ..
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss I apply and remove #16 a panel at a time so removal hasn`t really been an issue for me.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    #16 has been tricky for me if the air is really hot and humid-- seems the heat makes you think the wax should dry, but the humidity slows the haze formation.

I`ve wondered at times if using QD to remove it makes it less likely to bond properly, so I will usually just put some more muscle into buffing and do smaller sections at a time.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm.. I haven`t personally tried #16 (maybe Accumulator will chime in), but I`m pretty sure that with a sufficiently thin layer, removal won`t be much of a problem even in humid conditions. At least I know that is the case with Collinite 476S.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=truzoom

I`ve wondered at times if using QD to remove it makes it less likely to bond properly, so I will usually just put some more muscle into buffing and do smaller sections at a time.[/QUOTE]

I`m sure it bonded .. I didn`t find a pile of it by the car in the garage. Never slipped off.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    :nixweiss I apply and remove #16 a panel at a time so removal hasn`t really been an issue for me.
    Same here, never thought #16 was hard to remove...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Quote Originally Posted by derekbmw
    Same here, never thought #16 was hard to remove...

I also found that M16 is easy to remove. I usually applied the whole car before coming back to the 1st place I applied. And start to wipe it off. So far no problem in wiping it off. Maybe it`s our weather in M`sia which is hot...? That`s makes it easy to wipe off.

Maybe you might have to try WOWO method if you find it hard to remove? Or you could use a damp/wet MF to wipe it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll redefine "hard" ... = difficult to see on white and not as easy as say Wolfgang or NXT etc.

And yes I have used WOWO ... one panel at a time ... my point of the post was more to point out the fact that it improved the visuals.

#16 as with any product can be different to take off depending on a lot of factors and we know them all.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jesstzn, my car`s `silver`. I understand that it`s harder to see where one miss to wipe off the wax on light colors. I do sometimes find some area where I miss after a few days too. I have to say my previous dark grey car was much more fun to wax. It was more shinny too on dark colors. Hehehe.

If u find hard to wipe the wax off after a few days or so. You can re-activate the dry wax again by applying a new wax on the area. Then you can wipe it off.

I feel that M16 dried a bit clear... Not like some wax that dries wt white residue.

It`s like that I guess on light color cars. I too as mentioned, much prefer applying wax on a darker car. Easier to see where one applied the wax or remove. Also it`s results are more satisfaction as it`s shinnier too. Also you could apply thinner coat as it`s easier to see. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Hm.. I haven`t personally tried #16 (maybe Accumulator will chime in)....

Dunno if I can offer anything relevant as my shop never gets all that humid :nixweiss

Yeah, it can be hard (or downright impossible) to see thin LSP residue on light colors, but I guess I just got used to that; I work systematically/methodically and I don`t rely on seeing it. Fogging the surface with my breath does make for a good final inspection trick, but I dunno how well that`d work in *really* hot/humid conditions.

Oh, and the like-removes-like/reactivation thing works better with some products than with others; e.g., I can`t get it to work very well with Collinite 476S, even after less than a day.

Thread Information