Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

My wife picked up another couple of 8 packs of the orange 16"x16" Vroom microfiber towels from Target for my birthday yesterday.

Is it just me or have they gotten less plush? Compared side by side with some I picked up even just 6-8 months ago, the new ones don`t seem as thick.

Anyone else confirm this or am I imagining things?

Post Thanks / Like
    there are several "grades"

the most plush only come in a two pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s MY imagination, but I never found the Vroom`s consistent from one pack size to another. IIRC the larger the number in the pack the cheaper (in construction, as well as price) they seemed to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recent purchased a 5pk of MF`s from Target and i noticed they are not as plush as the bigger 4pk of gray detailing MF`s. Have you washed them yet? I washed mine in the washer with some wal-mart WW towels (please tell me if that`s ok to do?) and let them hang dry. After they dried it seems to be a little more plush(to me).
    It`s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!! :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    what i`ve noticed on mf`s (any brand) sometimes there will be a difference in the plushness, slight difference in color, etc, as they come from different batches (i can tell right off the bat, and yes i am picky). i have some older cobra mf`s that are softer than the current ones sold today, and also have a few 3pk`s of the megs supreme shine mf`s, and they`re a tad different as well. next time... if you can visually look and feel the mf`s before you buy them, examine whatever stock they have, and pick the pack/stock you feel are the best of the bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by simracer
    couple of 8 packs of the orange 16"x16" Vroom microfiber towels from Target

next time you go there, look at all the packs they have and you can visually see the difference in the color of them as they`re not all consistent, but also the feel of them as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    I get funny looks at wal-mart/target when i walk around rubbing and feeling sheepskin mitts and MF towels. :LOLOL

I`ll pull every single sheepskin mitt off the shelf and feel the ones are the softest and buy them.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray ones are definitely plusher. I bought a 20 pack after being very happy with a 5 pack and was surprised by how shallow the nap is on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the 12 pack and they seem pretty thin. I don`t use them on the paint. I use them for the window, interior, and the rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find too many inconsistencies in the Vroom brand, less so with the grey ones though. However, I have found better quality and consistency within the Viking lineup at Kmart. The green towels are better all around than any Target offering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I can feel a difference in each of the Vroom towels. I have noticed the 4-pack of the dark gray ones are the most soft next to the giant yellow ones. Those are the best and I use them for drying my car. I use the gray ones for QD and such. Great towels for the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    :werd: I think the 4pk of Gray Detailing are much softer...I guess i`ll go pick those up this weekend...Man i guess I should`ve picked them up instead...oh well...you can never have enough towels...
    It`s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!! :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info, guys, thanks. Glad it`s not my imagination and glad to hear they might offer something in the same league as my old towels. Might have to take a look at the grays.

I had washed my old Vroom towels so as was mentioned earlier, I wasn`t sure if they plumped up because of that or if they actually had a thicker pile to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the orange "premium" Vrooms but only for door jambs, wheels, etc. - never for work on my paint.

For that reason, a little difference in plushness is not a big deal to me or something that I would notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bpfoley
    I find too many inconsistencies in the Vroom brand, less so with the grey ones though. However, I have found better quality and consistency within the Viking lineup at Kmart. The green towels are better all around than any Target offering.

Aren`t the green Viking towels at Kmart about $6.00 per towel? That`s pricey, when for $6.99 you can get three Meguiar`s Supreme Shine or four of the grey Vroom towels from Target.

I use Meguiar`s Supreme Shine on my paint and the cheap Vroom towels for my wheels, windows and door jambs.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray ones are the better choice.....the orange are like a utility towel for jams and engine work....the grays are really not bad....after a wash they seem real fluffy...

On the subject...at Home depot in the car cleaning area..the have a blue drying towel..its sorta like a WW texture...and it is pretty big...maybe 16x24...its from ZEP I think..I picked one up and washed it...not a bad towel for the money....4.95 ....

I grabbed a bottle of the ZEP extractor soap..pretty nice stuff for 8.00 a gallon...really cleans nice and has a nice smell.....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information