Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me some feed back. I think I ready to take the plunge. I did a search looked at the other threads.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Contact SuperBee364, he loves the stuff and has lots of work with it.

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got the stuff too. My advice is to not buy it. You would have to go through an awful lot of that wax before it becomes worth it. I`ve used it on a number of different colors and shapes and it doesn`t look any better or last any longer than any other wax out there. Whatever Zymol has done to make people believe that this wax is worth thousands of dollars is purely hype. You would be better off using S100 at 1% of the cost and still get 90% of the result. The only reason to buy and use Vintage is if you have a client base that is willing to pay an extra hundred dollars a detail for you to use it. Then it would become worth it. If I could make an extra hundred bucks for using a wax like that, then you better believe I`d be buying it too. Most people don`t care what brand the product is though. They just want results. Zymol Vintage does not produce results that justify the cost in my honest and educated opinion of the product. I`ve got half a jar of it in my garage if you would like me to wax half a car with it and the other half with whatever product you like and I can prove that there isn`t any noticiable difference. It is the noticable differences that people pay for, not the imperceptible ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    just think of all the other detailing products you could buy with $1800

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Give me some feed back. I think I ready to take the plunge. I did a search looked at the other threads.
    I feel it is worth the extra cost, but then that`s just my opinion. Does it look better than other waxes? It all depends on your prep work and how you apply it. Will you get your money`s worth? It depends on how much you use it, how much you get paid, and if cost is really a consideration for you. Don`t forget that shipping the container to/from Zymol is an additional cost. With shipping and packaging materials, I spend, I think, roughly $85 to have it refilled - Zymol does charge you to ship it back to you.

I hate to admit this but I just did 2 wash and waxes on Friday. A Lexus ES300 in Onyx Blue and a Toyota Highlander in Super White. Both looked fantastic when I was done. I used Vintage on the Lexus and took about 3 hours to wash and then apply the Vintage. Then I came back 2 hours later to final buff with a MF. I washed the Highlander and sprayed Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax in about 1 hour 15 minutes and it looked wet - of course, it`s just about 3 months old and I always hand wash/wax it for her. So take TIME into consideration also when you purchase Vintage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wax my car at least once per week. Prep #1 on my list. Question do you apply by hand, applicator, or DA? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage
    I feel it is worth the extra cost, but then that`s just my opinion. Does it look better than other waxes? It all depends on your prep work and how you apply it. Will you get your money`s worth? It depends on how much you use it, how much you get paid, and if cost is really a consideration for you. Don`t forget that shipping the container to/from Zymol is an additional cost. With shipping and packaging materials, I spend, I think, roughly $85 to have it refilled - Zymol does charge you to ship it back to you.

I hate to admit this but I just did 2 wash and waxes on Friday. A Lexus ES300 in Onyx Blue and a Toyota Highlander in Super White. Both looked fantastic when I was done. I used Vintage on the Lexus and took about 3 hours to wash and then apply the Vintage. Then I came back 2 hours later to final buff with a MF. I washed the Highlander and sprayed Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax in about 1 hour 15 minutes and it looked wet - of course, it`s just about 3 months old and I always hand wash/wax it for her. So take TIME into consideration also when you purchase Vintage.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Vintage has to be applied by hand. I`ve tried it by applicator and it doesn`t work as well. It really slows down the job, as Vintage suggested. This is why it isn`t economical to use this wax unless the price of your details goes way up to support it. My average detail runs about $160. For that amount I can`t afford to use a $1800 wax when it adds an extra hour onto the time it takes to complete the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before taking the plunge, try to get the sample pack. I purchased one a couple of years back which included a small jar of Vintage, Atlantique, and Destiny waxes along with MF towel, HD cleanse, some soap and detail brush for about $200. I haven`t tried to get another sample pack recently but heard it is pretty hard to come by. $1800 is an aweful lot of money to spend on any single product. Not to knock those who have purchased it, but my tastes do change. I wouldn`t consider Zymol Vintage a holy grail but it is good wax at a premium price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Specify.

My friends Superbee (who did a very thorough write-up of his experience) as well as Vintage, 01bluecls`s staggering work with his ferrari clients, and a few others here on the board have done a great job of describing and/or illustrating their work and experience in using Zymol Vintaaaaaaghhe.

My personal advice would be that if you are new to zymol`s products, that you should first try out one or two of their entry level or moderately priced waxes. This will give you a sampling of the rendering characteristics that`s common with all Zymols, as well as getting yourself acquainted with the idiosyncrasies in using the Authentic Zymols (the HC`s and EG`s). If and when you are satisfied with the abilities of a typical good Zymol, then you should be better assured that you WILL get your money`s worth out of EGZymol Vintage in its performance. Once you compare Vintage or I dare say any Authentic Zymol to a comparable rivaling lsp, you should see right away the characteristics that distinguish Zymol waxes.

It took a big wind of breath in throwing down the 2g`s, but after using and observing the dynamic range of Vintage, I was soon completely satisfied with the purchase; And I haven`t looked back since!

Edit: I think I remembered that you had a stint with Concours. Have you resolved the issues you had with it? If not, then I`d recommend that you play some more with concours and nail down the process cold (even if you have to follow zymol`s recommendations to the letter.....btw which would be a very good idea!). Once you see and experience the prowess that Concours has (granted if you haven`t yet), then Vintage will be a natural progression for you. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any other wax/sealants out there that can sheet better than Zymol? I have yet to find one. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Concours but I felt my Pin. Souveran was just as good. But after reading here and talking with Zymol, Vintage is leaps ahead of Concours.

lbls1 Do you apply by hand. I was hoping I could use my new UDM....... Thanks Guys
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol recommends that you warm the wax with your fingers and apply it with your bare hands. Personally I`ve never seen the purpose of applying a paste wax with a machine. Using a machine doesn`t add anything to a wax job other than save time. When using a paste wax I can`t even imagine that it saves that. I`d enjoy using your UDM for the prep work and use your hands to apply the Vintage.

What is it about Vintage that is leaps ahead of Souveran? I`ve put the two side by side on a car and haven`t seen that Vintage is any better. What is it that I`m missing here?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the refill costs on the shipping? I figured if you used it in a business setting on 5 cars a week after 3 years it would cost less than Souveran. I figured on a yield of 84 cars per 22oz and $20 each refill for shipping

Post Thanks / Like
    I always apply an EGZ by hand. You can have a choice of the following: 1. Using your bare hands. You should (of course) take precautions by making sure that your fingernails are at a safe level (not trying to insult so bear with me) and that you avoid wearing hand jewelry. 2. Picking up a good supply of cotton or latex disposable gloves, and wearing them while you apply a zymol. I like this alternative because it gives me an extra measure of safety from any accidental oops or swipes from scaly hands or extra long fingernails. I say this often; Do not (ever) use clear rubber, nylon, or plastic gloves on your surface. You will cause ugly micro-marring. The marring is correctable, but its good to learn from other (my...dumb) experiences as opposed to finding the marks yourself.

Other people prefer applicators, but I`ve found them to use an excessive amount of the compound, and I`ve heard reports that if not used carefully it could cause smearing or marring. If you feel the need to use an applicator, then make sure its 100% cotton and that the compound is soft and spreadable.

There are no buffer/rotary/detailing machines in the EGZ wax application at all.

Edit: Not yet sure on the cost of the refill, as my container is due right about now. I will surely find out and let you know. It depends on how far your location is from Zymol`s factory.

Edit 2: MDRX, Concours is an amazing wax. I emplore you to go back to it and really put it at task. It is my biased opinion that its prowess will definitely set it apart from most waxes within its price range. Of course there are differences between Concours and Vintage, but all EGZymols possess an amazing ability of producing an even and deep sheen. The differences lie in color rendering, clarity, and yes even depth of shine. I want to make sure that there are no mistakes in the process of applying any EGZ, because any dissapointment you have found with Concours may show itself with the Vintage if the application process has been compromized!!!

SuperBee.....CalgaryDetail....these guys may be able to explain what I mean better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that really helped me out alot. Time is not a ptoblem and using my hands is not a problem either. Looks are my #1 goal here. I am up to the task. I think I will take that jump. My pocketbook will hurt but here goes..........

Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    I always apply an EGZ by hand. You can have a choice of the following: 1. Using your bare hands. You should (of course) take precautions by making sure that your fingernails are at a safe level (not trying to insult so bear with me) and that you avoid wearing hand jewelry. 2. Picking up a good supply of cotton or latex disposable gloves, and wearing them while you apply a zymol. I like this alternative because it gives me an extra measure of safety from any accidental oops or swipes from scaly hands or extra long fingernails. I say this often; Do not (ever) use clear rubber, nylon, or plastic gloves on your surface. You will cause ugly micro-marring. The marring is correctable, but its good to learn from other (my...dumb) experiences as opposed to finding the marks yourself.

Other people prefer applicators, but I`ve found them to use an excessive amount of the compound, and I`ve heard reports that if not used carefully it could cause smearing or marring. If you feel the need to use an applicator, then make sure its 100% cotton and that the compound is soft and spreadable.

There are no buffer/rotary/detailing machines in the EGZ wax application at all.

Edit: Not yet sure on the cost of the refill, as my container is due right about now. I will surely find out and let you know. It depends on how far your location is from Zymol`s factory.

Edit 2: MDRX, Concours is an amazing wax. I emplore you to go back to it and really put it at task. It is my biased opinion that its prowess will definitely set it apart from most waxes within its price range. Of course there are differences between Concours and Vintage, but all EGZymols possess an amazing ability of producing an even and deep sheen. The differences lie in color rendering, clarity, and yes even depth of shine. I want to make sure that there are no mistakes in the process of applying any EGZ, because any dissapointment you have found with Concours may show itself with the Vintage if the application process has been compromized!!!

SuperBee.....CalgaryDetail....these guys may be able to explain what I mean better!
    MDRX8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information