Thread: Victoria Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an e-mail from Victoria Wax saying that they are refilling old containers for a discounted price. I wonder if it`s a dicount big enough to cover shipping...

If it is, then :woot:

this is a great wax that can be applied by hand (no applicator) if you prefer
    May I interest you in my Brazilian wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought is said it was discounted 25%.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, this might be motivation enough for me to try some of their higher end waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    hmmm, this might be motivation enough for me to try some of their higher end waxes.

I think they only got 2 waxes -- concours and yellow. I got the concours and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does Vic. Concours compare to other waxes you`ve tried kapinnn?

I`ve always wanted to get it, but wasn`t sure with the price. i understand it`s fairly low for the quality of the wax, I`m just not a big spender when it comes to that.

~Albert

Post Thanks / Like
    Post some pics. I`ve never heard of their wax..

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it solely for my cars and not details because I find it fun applying by hand. Many people have tested applicator vs hand and found out applicators cause less marring but uses more product. It`s up to you, you can use it either way.

As far as durability it is not fair for me to judge. I`m in Denver where we get a lot more UV and it`s been in the upper 90s low 100s in the summer. I`ll say it lasts about as long as Pete`s 53 to me. I like it better than Pete`s on dark cars but have only used victoria on a red and a black.

I`m gonna do a friend`s black porsche c4s this weekend. I`ll see if he wants it or pete`s 53. I`ll post pictures if he prefers victoria.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Victoria Concours and Pinnacle Souveran and find the end result of each to be similarly perfect and I`ll soon be trying half of each on my hood to see if I can see any difference. The car is Imola red and shows either carnauba extremely well.

The Concours and Souveran are similar in more than end result too. Both apply similarly and are very easy and quick to apply and remove.

I`ve tried the hand application of the Vic. Concours but gave up early on. I just found it too slow and tedious for me. A foam / microfiber pad puts it on quick and thin anyways.

Vic. wax is about 10 miles south of me so I`ll be heading down and getting a refill asap.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two coats of Concours Red on my Silver Honda right now. Will post photos when I`ve applied about 3-4. I can only compare this product against Collinite, and so far the water beading of Victoria Wax is very tight. It also doesn`t attract as much dust, but then again I`ve only had it on for a week. Shine I find is significantly more than the Collinite. Depth is more, but not to my liking....however, I think I screwed up on my polishing. I haven`t tried Zymol yet, so I can`t say how this wax truly stacks up. BTW, does this wax only contain 36% yellow carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so as promised here are the pics of the 2003 Porsche C4S. Unfortunately, by the time i got done, the sun had already gone away. I should have taken pics before applying the Victoria Wax but it was raining and I was doing the detail in the garage.

CG Citrus Gloss Wash

Mothers Clay

UDM with Orange LC Pad and SIP

UDM with White LC Pad and 106FF

Black Wow

EZ Creme Glaze

Jet Seal

Victoria Concours Wax applied by hand just coz it`s fun.

Here are the before photos. Lots of swirls and holograms. Blame RUF!!! They "detailed" the car after the wing got installed. The car then got shipped from Texas to Colorado.

Polished Panels - Approved!

End Product

To me it looks great, although I cannot compare it to souveran as I have not used it. The lack of sun also takes a bit away from the photos.

I will be back at his house to do an FX45 and a Pathfinder this weekend. I can take more pics of the Porsche then.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so as promised here are the pics of the 2003 Porsche C4S. Unfortunately, by the time i got done, the sun had already gone away. I should have taken pics before applying the Victoria Wax but it was raining and I was doing the detail in the garage.

CG Citrus Gloss Wash

Mothers Clay

UDM with Orange LC Pad and SIP

UDM with White LC Pad and 106FF

Black Wow

EZ Creme Glaze

Jet Seal

Victoria Concours Wax applied by hand just coz it`s fun.

Here are the before photos. Lots of swirls and holograms. Blame RUF!!! They "detailed" the car after the wing got installed. The car then got shipped from Texas to Colorado.

Polished Panels - Approved!

End Product

To me it looks great, although I cannot compare it to souveran as I have not used it. The lack of sun also takes a bit away from the photos.

I will be back at his house to do an FX45 and a Pathfinder this weekend. I can take more pics of the Porsche then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful!

Thread Information