Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Been thinking about going with DG as my primary line, what are yalls thoughts? looking at DD 652, 671, 101 and 105, would this be a good way to go? I searched the forums, but didnt find some of the items I mentioned. Thanks, Dave.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have good sealants, leather conditioners and carwash. I wouldn`t bother with their polishes as they are quite mild and designed more for use by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    add 601 to that lineup. I agree with Fbody, they are more like finishing polish and glazes
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about doing that too, I bought a lot of their stuff cause it`s cheap and I can run down to CarQuest and get it. But, they really don`t have any compounds and polishes, the tire shine I used is good - but I found a better, much cheaper one. The 105 looks good but after using OptiSeal, I won`t be using 105 again. I prefer Lexol products for the interior and Stoners for glass. I`d say DG is ok, but personally I would not use them exclusively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, quick question... a buddy of mine needs to do some cleaning of this truck pre-sale and I`m looking for a good OTC paint cleaner (some oxidation, some other spots). Don`t really want to give him any of my ZAIO or KAIO. I am not real familiar with the DG line. Which is their paint cleaner? I will be recommending he use AW following.

Thanks for ye help.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 101 is an AIO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them as my primary line. Some of the best stuff I`ve used ( so far )

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is a couple of days old, but I`ve been using more and more of the DG line. I think their carwash, 901 is the best I`ve ever used. Their 951 is great and pretty durable, but I didn`t see that in your list. And I also really like their 401 APC. I use it on just about everything with great results.

On the 671, did you mean 761 glass cleaner? If so, I would just pick up the Stoner`s. It`s a little more expensive, but not much and it`s fantastic. If you did mean 671, I need to be more informed.

And finally, the whole reason for my post is to steer you away from their 701 white wall cleaner. It`s not on your list, and I would say keep it that way. One of the worst products I`ve used. It leaves tires streaked and nasty, even with a good scrub. They also tell you can use it on engines, which I would never try since seeing what the overspray did to aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like
    DG is a very good product..

If you wanted a great line up you can`t beat the following:

#101 Cleaner/Polish

#601 Polish Bonding Agent (let it haze) Do not take off yet

#105 TPP - put this on top of the hazed #601

#951 Aqua Wax Spray as your LSP... (this is really a sealant)

You can also spray the #951 on the exterior windows

FYI- the #951 will look even better the next day.

You will do great with this...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure about the durogloss. I`m pretty new to the boards here but I see a trend. Seems like most people on here run to the local autozone/wlamart/wherever and grab off the shelf products and go with that. Why don`t people use professinal products on here more often? Stuff you can only get from a supplier and not on any shelf off any store. Durogloss, Megs, Mothers etc etc etc. are all just stuff off the shelf. Step up to a true professional line by calling your local rep and get set up with good high end stuff and you`d be amazed at the quality of your details skyrocketing. And most of the time even though the products come from a much higher quality line the price difference is very minimal. That and you get options of getting more quanities like gallon and 5 gallon sizes should you get hardcore and have alot of business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I`m not sure about the durogloss. I`m pretty new to the boards here but I see a trend. Seems like most people on here run to the local autozone/wlamart/wherever and grab off the shelf products and go with that. Why don`t people use professinal products on here more often? Stuff you can only get from a supplier and not on any shelf off any store. Durogloss, Megs, Mothers etc etc etc. are all just stuff off the shelf. Step up to a true professional line by calling your local rep and get set up with good high end stuff and you`d be amazed at the quality of your details skyrocketing. And most of the time even though the products come from a much higher quality line the price difference is very minimal. That and you get options of getting more quanities like gallon and 5 gallon sizes should you get hardcore and have alot of business.

Are you not sure because you have not tried them?? I mean either you:

1) tried them and liked them

2) tried them didn`t like them

3) tried them but think you didn`t use them right

4) tried them but think the paint color you tried them on might look better with another product?

As far as stepping up to a profesional product.. dg in my opinion is not a comprimise that one makes because you can find it otc and because it is reasonably priced. I can`t find 105 or 601 OTC AND I still order it on-line because I like it, it`s easy to use... I have other stuff I use but I do like DG

JMO!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni

Tons of people use boutique products on here, especially those who detail for profit. I use mostly OTC stuff right now, but thats because I bought it before I knew anything about good detailing practices and products.

I`m a fan of Aquawax and the Car wash. I haven`t tried 101 or 105.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I`ve tried most OTC products myself. At the time I thought they were great. Until I tried a real professional line up then I realized exactly what I should be doing. I sitll try the new OTC stuff that comes out in hopes they actually hold up to advertising. I will say this though as far as OTC stuff goes. MEG`s is by the closest thing you get to the real deal. Their products so far do exactly as advertise. I however find them to actually come out more expensive (by a great deal in some cases) than their compariable professional line counterparts. However it`s great to know should I be in a pinch for something and I can`t get to my supplier I can go grabs some megs off the shelf and be fairly certian I`ll get a great result. I`m currently testing out the Duroglass marine and RV line of stuff right now for gel coats. So far mixed reviews... But I`ll hold off any comments until I use them all and see what works the best if any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    Are you not sure because you have not tried them?? I mean either you:

1) tried them and liked them

2) tried them didn`t like them

3) tried them but think you didn`t use them right

4) tried them but think the paint color you tried them on might look better with another product?

As far as stepping up to a profesional product.. dg in my opinion is not a comprimise that one makes because you can find it otc and because it is reasonably priced. I can`t find 105 or 601 OTC AND I still order it on-line because I like it, it`s easy to use... I have other stuff I use but I do like DG

JMO!!

Do you have NAPA stores in your area? I found they don`t have DG on the shelf, but carry the full line--they will order it for you and usually have it the next day with no shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Do you have NAPA stores in your area? I found they don`t have DG on the shelf, but carry the full line--they will order it for you and usually have it the next day with no shipping charges.

Yeah, I have NAPA`s.... Didn`t know I could get all the pba and 105 that easily from them... I`ll have to check that out - the pba and 105 would be nice to be had with no shipping fees!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information