Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Pep Boys today and saw two products I had never seen before.

1. Black Magic Anti-Static Interior Protectant - I`ve seen their Pro Shine stuff before, but this stuff was in a different bottle, next to the Pro Shine. It was in a red bottle and it said that it was specifically designed as anti-static and dust repellent. I`ve never seen another interior protectant advertise its anti-static properties so I`m wondering if this stuff could be legit. I`m also wondering if its just a marketing gimmick

2. Meguairs Quik Wheel Detailer - It looks just like their regular Quik Detailer, but its in a black bottle and claims to be specifically for wheels. I`m not seeing why you would need a seperate Quik Detailer just for wheels. Is there something different about it, or is it just a clever way to get people to buy two products instead of one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Less

1. Black Magic Anti-Static Interior Protectant - I`ve seen their Pro Shine stuff before, but this stuff was in a different bottle, next to the Pro Shine. It was in a red bottle and it said that it was specifically designed as anti-static and dust repellent. I`ve never seen another interior protectant advertise its anti-static properties so I`m wondering if this stuff could be legit. I`m also wondering if its just a marketing gimmick

2. Meguairs Quik Wheel Detailer - It looks just like their regular Quik Detailer, but its in a black bottle and claims to be specifically for wheels. I`m not seeing why you would need a seperate Quik Detailer just for wheels. Is there something different about it, or is it just a clever way to get people to buy two products instead of one?

303 Products - World`s Leading Automotive Care Products

303 advertises that its anti-static.

Post Thanks / Like

quik wheel detailer isn`t new. i haven`t tried it, but it`s been around for awhile now

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay away from black magic interior stuff! Their protectant is just oil that smears around. Pretty much the crapiest stuff, used it once-never again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ConglomrationAL
    Stay away from black magic interior stuff! Their protectant is just oil that smears around. Pretty much the crapiest stuff, used it once-never again.

this is true for the pro-shine product, its very oily

Post Thanks / Like
    Quik Wheel Detailer does a better job on wheel grunge than Meg’s normal QD.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ConglomrationAL

I`ll third this opinion as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc

+2 I like it for the final touches on rims after cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc

PC.

Agreed. Really good for my regulars who have garage queens or if it doesn`t rain between washes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    So the Wheel QD is the real deal huh?

Correct me if I`m wrong, but QD`s contain two ingredients, cleaners and lubricants. I also realize some contain protectants.

So does the wheel QD just contain a higer concentration of cleaners and/or lubricants? If so, couldn`t you just use the stuff on the entire car? Could it replace regular QD?

Post Thanks / Like
    So the Wheel QD is the real deal huh?

Correct me if I`m wrong, but QD`s contain two ingredients, cleaners and lubricants. I also realize some contain protectants.

So does the wheel QD just contain a higer concentration of cleaners and/or lubricants? If so, couldn`t you just use the stuff on the entire car? Could it replace regular QD?

If a regular QD is working fine for you, then the wheel QD will be a waste. I find it works a bit better on removing brake dust, but again, I only use it after rinsing the wheel, to clean up the water drips.

Thread Information