Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ONE

I live, work, drive and park in Los Angeles area. Car is black. It gets washed once a week when I can. When I can not well ... weekend wash gets skipped. It takes less than a week from previous wash for it to look as if mud is all over it. If weekend wash is skipped it looks even worse.

I don`t mind if my car is not shiny as long as it is clean. And this is far from clean. I hate that.

Naturally when I heard about ONE my interest was strongly picked. I do like discussing things when I want to learn about something but I also prefer to get first hand experience whenever I can before forming an opinion. I strongly prefer "proof in the pudding / I have seen it with my own eyes" to anything else.

That`s why I made decision, swung by CG on my way home, picked up some ONE, and tried it few days later.

To make long story short: I love it.

Why? I will let the pictures do the talking. They are below for your viewing pleasure.

First one is to illustrate how dirty car was. Second one shows how dirty towel was after it has been used to wipe off ONE from that section. Third one shows result. Fourth one gets you better idea of "before/after" with left side being clean, right one being still dirty. Fifth one shows result after cleaning that whole area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice mircofiber towel! may I ask what kind is it>? It looks to be very soft and fluffy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. Can`t wait to get mine from FMINUS.

Seeing how dirty the car was, did you notice any signs of scratches or swirl marks?

Post Thanks / Like
    So you just spray on and wipe off? Any close ups on the paint in the sun?
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThEGuN
    Nice mircofiber towel! may I ask what kind is it>? It looks to be very soft and fluffy!

Looks like the PHAT towel from Danase.

The Phat Towel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThEGuN
    Thank you! That`s because it is very soft and fluffy! It is Danase`s PHAT, like pointed out above. It is the softest and fluffiest microfiver towel I have ever seen. Not that I have seen many of them, it is just much softer and much fluffier than any I have touched so far and it is hard to believe there is anything that would easily exceed it by significant margin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tod071
    Seeing how dirty the car was, did you notice any signs of scratches or swirl marks?
    That paint already had swirls so it would be hard to say with 100% certainty but it is my impression emulsification in combination with right towel prevents that. Of course, there is always a chance for an exception ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    So you just spray on and wipe off?
    There is little more to it. Spray on, let it emulsify, wipe off, let it haze, buff out with clean side. I might have forgotten something. There is a better writeup (not by me) in different thread on ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    Any close ups on the paint in the sun?
    Unfortunately no. Paint already has swirls so I didn`t see point in taking them.

Post Thanks / Like
    please forgive my ignorance . what is ONE?

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting review Zoran. Looks like I`ll be getting a bottle when I head over to CG....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    That paint already had swirls so it would be hard to say with 100% certainty but it is my impression emulsification in combination with right towel prevents that. Of course, there is always a chance for an exception ...
    Thanks! I will be ordering one with my ccs pads!:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s just really hard to say this is a complete review of a product when there is no full sun shot, if you had all imperfections polished out, took a full sun shot, let it get as dirty as it usually does, then whashed with one and took an after shot in full sun you would at least prove the product does not induce marring based on the methods you used. that would qualify this as a much needed thread on autopia and would belong in the hof, im glad youre happy with your purchase but really all this proves is that a wet product removed the light dirt off your car without use of conventional washing methods. if you were to spray many fluids on your car and wipe off chances are the results as shown would be pretty similar, if i am wrong someone please speak up, i mean no insult whatsoever just simply saying this thread probably shouldnt make people switch washing products and techniques based on the evidence provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    please forgive my ignorance . what is ONE?
    The number after Zero and before Two! :laugh: j/k

Here`s a link to a product review Chemical Guys ONE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    It`s just really hard to say this is a complete review of a product when there is no full sun shot, if you had all imperfections polished out, took a full sun shot, let it get as dirty as it usually does, then whashed with one and took an after shot in full sun you would at least prove the product does not induce marring based on the methods you used. that would qualify this as a much needed thread on autopia and would belong in the hof, im glad youre happy with your purchase but really all this proves is that a wet product removed the light dirt off your car without use of conventional washing methods. if you were to spray many fluids on your car and wipe off chances are the results as shown would be pretty similar
    First, this was not meant to be complete review of Autopian level. If I had time to do that I would have also had time to wash the car, I wouldn`t have used ONE on it. Furthermore, nobody said this is a review. Word `review` is nowhere in the title nor in body. In any case sorry I failed to meet your expectations of what I must do before I post.

Second, this was not light dirt. That was almost three weeks worth of "mud" that morning dew was bringing down every morning and then sun on black paint from above and engine heat from below (it is a rear engine car) was baking on. If you had a chance to see it in person you would have known what I am talking about. From having to deal with it before I guarantee no spray and wipe off of "wet product" (water or QD) would do anything but spread the "mud" and definitely scratch the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    First, this was not meant to be complete review of Autopian level. If I had time to do that I would have also had time to wash the car, I wouldn`t have used ONE on it. Furthermore, nobody said this is a review. Word `review` is nowhere in the title nor in body. In any case sorry I failed to meet your expectations of what I must do before I post.

Second, this was not light dirt. That was almost three weeks worth of "mud" that morning dew was bringing down every morning and then sun on black paint from above and engine heat from below (it is a rear engine car) was baking on. If you had a chance to see it in person you would have known what I am talking about. From having to deal with it before I guarantee no spray and wipe off of "wet product" (water or QD) would do anything but spread the "mud" and definitely scratch the paint.

ok forget where i said i meant no insult whatsoever, i simply implied you take it a step further for the benefit of others. have you used any other no rinse product? i can think of many that would do a hellova lot more than "spread the mud and scratch the paint" how do you know ONE didn`t scratch your paint? did you examine prior imperfections? why take so many pics if this is no review? Just trying to help you help others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information