Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, to boost my no rinse washes would it be possible to spray on AW or a Spray Wax as I dry the ONR? Or would that cause a bonding issue, mixing AW/Spray Wax with the left over ONR residue?

Finally, could I just add some AW to the ONR solution for an ultra no rinse cocktail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t want to highjack, but I`ve tried something in the opposite train of thought. When I plan on reapplying wax or sealant and I want to strip the old stuff off I`ve added isopropyl alcohol to my wash soap. It seems like it works as the paint doesn`t bead as much anymore when I do a wash this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Danforz,

I`ve used both Aquawax and Optimum Car Wax sprayed on as I dryed with good results. The OCW while drying was something I picked up from Anthony Orosco a year or two ago. Saves an extra step on the wife`s minivan. I have used ONR exclusively for over a year now. No bonding issues seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge
    Danforz,

I`ve used both Aquawax and Optimum Car Wax sprayed on as I dryed with good results. The OCW while drying was something I picked up from Anthony Orosco a year or two ago. Saves an extra step on the wife`s minivan. I have used ONR exclusively for over a year now. No bonding issues seen.

So when the car is still a bit wet from the ONR/Bucket water residue, just spray on the wax and wipe it in with a WW?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that best way to derive the maximum benefits from ONR and AW is to do a standard ONR wash and dry the car. Then apply the AW on a dry surface. This way, you will get better results from the AW and remove any streaking caused by the ONR (if any).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I think that best way to derive the maximum benefits from ONR and AW is to do a standard ONR wash and dry the car. Then apply the AW on a dry surface. This way, you will get better results from the AW and remove any streaking caused by the ONR (if any).

+1 .........
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danforz
    So when the car is still a bit wet from the ONR/Bucket water residue, just spray on the wax and wipe it in with a WW?

Yes. I don`t disagree with the posts saying that drying and spraying is better, but on the minivan one less trip is important. And for what its worth, I have used both waxes on wet and dry surfaces and have not noticed a great deal of difference. My vehicles are silver and gold, so that might not be true for other colors.

:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as the question of can you do it? Yes, absolutely. What is the best way? Try both and you tell us.

Can you add AW to the wash solution? This one may be stretching it a bit, I don`t know if it would work that well as far as cleaning goes. I`ve never tried it so......:think2

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sold on AW. Everyone raves. Im getting some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Touch
    Im sold on AW. Everyone raves. Im getting some.

I just got my first shipment and it looks incredible! Goes on very quick and easy. It poured the night after I put it on, and I went out in a rainstorm to check the beading. I wasn`t disappointed!

Thread Information