Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using zaino on my regular details and my customers have been very happy. i recently did a touch up detail on a customers car she does not wash the car very often and does not have garage so the car is outside all the time. When I washed the car it had water spots all over it and they would not come off with a ONR wash. I used z8 after an removed them but still a few remained.

What is causing this?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that when applying Zaino (be it Z2 pro or Z5) that you have to be sure that the surface is very dry. I`ve had it happen where some drips were still come out of the doorhandles and it worked it`s way into me applying the Zaino. When I let it dry before removing, the etches themselves into the paint. Not fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    no this was from rain that dried on the car from the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    THe best thing I have found to remove them if they are not etched, is DG Water Spot Remover. Works great.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the Duragloss water spot remover does a good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does she park near a lawn sprinkler system? My girlfriend had the same problem last year with her Jeep when she parked it near the sprinkler head. It came off with a little work with prep solvent.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem with Zaino, very easy water spotting with the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Danny,

After living up there for 40 years I believe this is acid rain etching in combo with the hotter spring/summer heat. Hopefully the protectant did it job and these blemishes are only in the Zaino. Are all areas of the vehicle effected?

Is this an isolated case or are you having problems with all your zaino`d client`s vehicles. If isolated, the sprinkler theory may be on target especally if the sides of the vehicle(s) is/are also blemished.

You may try topping all you jobs with CS or OS. I have found both to be very "rain" water-spotting resistant. Not sure this will help you because we have little acid rain and at the present time very little rain.:tumblewee

Hope this helps :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Does she park near a lawn sprinkler system? My girlfriend had the same problem last year with her Jeep when she parked it near the sprinkler head. It came off with a little work with prep solvent.

When we had this water spot problem, I had fresh 3 coats of 1000p and 3 coats of PW the next day. That is a lot of coats to go through, but it did it. A week later she parked near the sprinklers and it only got on the hood and one front fender. Some water is very harsh and when it sits in the hot sun, it will bake through just about anything. I have also been to people houses and have seen some water so harsh it is not even safe to use.

I have never had a problem with rain water spots at all. Now that I am using Zaino after the rain it looks just like it is just washed. I still make sure I do not park near sprinklers in the hot baking sun.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    My cars also sit outside and I have found that Z6 works much better than Z8 for removing water marks. If teh Z8 removed some, I am sure the Z6 would have removed most if not all (Except the really etched in ones).

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading a similar post here about Zaino a year or so ago, I started noticing some very light water spots on my roof. It took some decent polishing to get rid of them. It seems like Zaino and some other sealants mix with some types of water and you get bad spotting. It doesn`t seem to happen to everyone. I`ve since gone back to carnauba and have not noticed any spots. I wax almost montly so durability isn`t a major concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx for all your help it is mostly the top surfaces that are affected I will try Z6 next time I was thinking about using but didnt think it would do a better job than z8.

Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK, Z6 is more of a quick detail("gloss enhancer") and it has decent cleaning abilities. Whereas Z8 is a sealant spray for looks alone. IME, Z8 has zero cleaning abilites. To the point that it doesn`t even clean off water drips that have dried, Z6 cleans them up easily though. HTH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not Zaino specific, but I have noticed waterspot etching developing quicker with the liquid sealants/waxes that I have as opposed to the pastes. KSG, 2180, and CMW have all shown etching with as little as 1 day after application. 5050, Pink Wax, and 1000P have done much better in resisting etching.

Thread Information