Post Thanks / Like
    Well after reading some of the glowing reviews here, I`m gonna try some new stuff on my Eldo tomorrow. I just finished an ONR/Clay/ONR washdown of it so it should be pretty clean. Hope I got off most of the 845IW I put on back in November..

I am also going to try Natty`s Blue over the XMT, with AW as my QD every couple of days, depending on conditions. I live in an area with very hard, acidic rain, terrible well water, and the car is parked in a dusty area (I work next to a cement plant.. .ugh) so I`m concerned about both durability and shine/gloss.

Any comments or problems with the above regimen? I take it there`s no need for anything like KAIO with the XMT instead. I also have a bottle of DG 105 - would that add anything between the XMT and the Nattys Blue?

Thanks in advance...
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

Post Thanks / Like
    you will love XMT 360!!

If you missed any of the 845IW, XMT 360 will make easy work of it. I think your combo of 360 and Nattys blue is gonna look outstanding!

Dont use AW every few days, especially for a QD. DG recommends you use it once every 6 weeks, they say with too many layers it will dampen your paint and eliminate the flake.

DG makes a QD called fast clean and shine IIRC. You should use that one, or just the regular Megs QD is fine too.

Hope that helps.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I think it came out pretty well. Applied the XMT with the PC7336, as instructed. I started with the free white pad that Autogeek sent along, then went to the LC Green pad they recommend in their usage guidelines online.

I`m still learning the best way to use the PC - like many amateur, self-taught guys, I sometimes don`t know if I have too much product, too little, am working the product too long, not long enough, applying too much pressure or too little, moving too fast or too slow...etc etc..

I spent about 4 hours on the polish part, all told. Then about an hour on the Natty`s Blue application - on and off by hand.

The XMT did shine up the paint very well, I thought. The white pad showed traces of grime and blackish crud after about 20 minutes, so it was picking up something, that`s for sure.

Overall, fairly impressed. It doesn`t seem to hide too much in the way off small scratches, but I don`t believe that`s the intent of 360, so I`m not marking it down for that.

The Blue went on easily, and buffed off nicely. Little bit goes a long way.

Don`t really have any good "Befores", but here`s a couple of "Afters"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks nice! Love the shot of the hood, very deep paint.

The 360 should only take you about an hour or so. you will get faster with more practice/experience, but for now, you did a great job on that Caddy!

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Thread Information