Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After weeks of having a filthy car and being scared of trying this stuff out, I finally grew a pair and gave it a shot. I`m not gonna lie though, I didn`t follow the directions on the bottle, I guess my pair weren`t large enough

The past couple weeks have made my car embarrassingly dirty, I even had bird bombs and tree sap on the back end..........in one spot it even looked like somebody had spilled soda on it and it ran down the quarter panel and attracted all the dust and dirt in the city.

I couldn`t bring myself to simply spray this stuff on and wipe it off so I went to my local pressure wash spot and did the following:

Pretreated the bird bombs, tree sap, and spilled soda w/Zymol Detail and let it soak for a couple minutes. I pulled it into the wash bay and proceeded to give it a high pressure rinse to remove as much of the caked on dirt and grime as possible. After rinsing I spritzed the left side of the car and then doubled back with my Vroom MF towel (red and white stripped) and wiped off the water and ONE in one direction. I then repeated this on the other side of the car. I then got another MF, same type, and buffed off the haze it left all over the car.

I am thoroughly impressed with the results!! Not only did it make easy work of the road grime, dust and dirt, without inducing noticeable marring, it left behind a shine, gloss and depth that is a sight for sore eyes. This stuff has my car gleaming like I just laid down a coat of wax on it. I can`t wait to see it in the morning in the full sunlight.

The cherry on top? The smell is second to none, it smells like a fresh, juicy mango. I was getting hungry as I was applying/removing it cause it smelled so good.

Does it work as advertised? I don`t know, and I`ll probably never know......I just have a super hard time spritzing something on a dry, dirty car and wiping it off. But I have no qualms about using it as I did. Total time of this process: 20-25 minutes with an LSP like shine.

Sorry guys, no pics, all of my batteries were dead for my camera:hmph:
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Werd......I love this stuff, and, the smell, to me, is exactly like an orange dreamsicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used ONE enough to compare it to PB Spray and Wipe?

Post Thanks / Like
    yup...far superior to spray and wipe as far as emulsifying dirt and leaving a nice gloss behind...the only trade off is you have to buff "ONE"...not that it is hard to buff...just that it is something you dont have to do with spray and wipe...you can definitely tell the difference that "ONE" is really lifting dirt from the vehicle...i still feel spray and wipe doesnt emulsify/encapsulate the dirt nearly as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Does ONE strip off LSP (in my case 5050 wax)? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    My god, when is this coming out. I want some now!
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Does ONE strip off LSP (in my case 5050 wax)? Thanks.

From my experiences with it , yes, it does strip wax.

It does leave behind it`s own protection , though....good for a couple of weeks.

I don`t look at this stuff as a QD. Rather, as a true waterless wash,

paint cleaner/prep.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few pics :

The car belongs to my buddy. It was detailed once last year...went through

the fall, winter and spring relatively untouched. I was at his workplace detailing another car and decided to try ONE on his car. Used it on EVERYTHING except the tires.

Took about 20 minutes (the wheels slowed me down a bit).

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a brave man
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^

LOL

I had used ONE a couple of times previously , so I had faith in it.

Besides, I`ll be detailing it again soon...any marring it might have left behind

will be taken care of.

He`s a very good friend who gets free details . In exchange, I get to use his

car as a test bed.

He`s REALLY the brave one!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    why does your friend have his hands down his pants in the second to last picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    You noticed that too, eh ?

Honestly, I don`t know who that guy is and I`ve

been wondering the same thing....maybe he was just feelin` happy!?

Post Thanks / Like
    This might be obvious and Im missing it, but how does "One" differ from ONR?

What exactly is there to "buff of" from a waterless wash system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbubba
    ^^^^

LOL

I had used ONE a couple of times previously , so I had faith in it.

Besides, I`ll be detailing it again soon...any marring it might have left behind

will be taken care of.

He`s a very good friend who gets free details . In exchange, I get to use his

car as a test bed.

He`s REALLY the brave one!!!!
    Good point!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueM3
    This might be obvious and Im missing it, but how does "One" differ from ONR?

What exactly is there to "buff of" from a waterless wash system?
    ONE is waterless, ONR is rinseless. When you spray on ONE, you let it sit for a few seconds to emulsify the dirt then you wipe it just enough to remove the liquid and dirt. When you do so, the remaining residue will dry to a haze and that`s what gets buffed off. With ONR, you wash the car w/a 2 gallon mixture of water and ONR, but you don`t have to rinse the car off after you wash it, you just dry it off w/ a MF towel.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rkf76
    ONE is waterless, ONR is rinseless. When you spray on ONE, you let it sit for a few seconds to emulsify the dirt then you wipe it just enough to remove the liquid and dirt. When you do so, the remaining residue will dry to a haze and that`s what gets buffed off. With ONR, you wash the car w/a 2 gallon mixture of water and ONR, but you don`t have to rinse the car off after you wash it, you just dry it off w/ a MF towel.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation!

2 Comments:

1) This must make for some DIRTY towels!

2) This is definitely a leap of faith from even those currently using ONR, which requires its own leap of faith for those switching from a traditional wash method.

I just placed a CG order thats already shipped, I might have added this had I known about it. **crossing fingers that because its new they threw it in as a sample..:dance **

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information