Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was all set to place an order through autogeek but couldn`t find the FPII. I hit up the "Live Help" and asked if they carry it since they have Menzerna products. He said Menzerna from Germany does not make a FPII? He said it must be made by another company or relabeled by someone? What`s the deal with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is made by Menzerna of USA...That is AG`s way of spinning things...Why dont you ask them why they dont carry FMJ either? Menzerna was brought over the USA soley by CMA. Once the market hit so strong, then AG decided to go get Menzerna of Germany.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Is CMA a PBMA store, ie affiliated with AutoGeek?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it is properautocare.com

There is no affiliation. There was at one time years ago, but have not been for a very long time.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been purchasing Menzerna FPII from CMA only since I could not find it anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    So it`s the same company, they just have different products for different markets?

This stuff is overwhelming for a beginner. :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sinbad
    I have been purchasing Menzerna FPII from CMA only since I could not find it anywhere else.

There and Pakshak are the only places I`ve found it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the Menzerna po83 (aka3.01) is sold by Menzerna USA and they buy it there. From Germany it is sold as po85rd3.01. Plus the bottle is in German. All the bottles say made in Germany, but that is the formula that is made I assume. I am surprised they do not have FPII, but then again the 106ff takes it`s place and is much better anyway. The working time, plus the gloss is much higher. The German 106ff is in different bottles too and the 106ff marketed for the US by menzerna usa is in english with different style labels.

I am surprised CMA does not have po83 as it is marketed by Menzerna USA.

Menzerna really has different ways of doing things and confusing people.

Autogeek is dealing with Menzerna USA and it states right on the bottles. I am sure we will be seeing more stuff from Menzerna shortly.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should call and speak to Jon at CMA. if you speak to Menzerna, they will for the most part tell you, that Menzerna USA is CMA. They are responsible for bringing it here and they are the only company getting the products. Pakshak is buying their stuff wholesaled out from CMA. If you go to AG, it specifically says Menzerna of Germany. Regardless of what the bottle says. They have no affiliation with Menzerna of USA.

As far as different products for different markets? CMA chose to make names that more people could understand IE FPII and FMJ, etc...

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    I think you should call and speak to Jon at CMA. if you speak to Menzerna, they will for the most part tell you, that Menzerna USA is CMA. They are responsible for bringing it here and they are the only company getting the products. Pakshak is buying their stuff wholesaled out from CMA. If you go to AG, it specifically says Menzerna of Germany. Regardless of what the bottle says. They have no affiliation with Menzerna of USA.

As far as different products for different markets? CMA chose to make names that more people could understand IE FPII and FMJ, etc...

That cleared it up. :woot:

So what would be the germany equivalent of FPII?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Germany equivalent would be P085U I believe.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like

I agree I have talked with Jon and his wife on several occasions and they are great people to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

I have contacted Menzerna in Germany and they told me the whole story. I have also contacted Menzerna USA and have gotten the story from them too. I was also told not to say certain things online so I will keep it at that.

I know for a fact that they get it from Manzerna USA cause of who I had spoke with at Menzerna USA and said more stores will be carrying PO83 along with other popular polishes.

The PO83 that they sell is in the wrong bottles and the cut graph on the bottles is wrong. They are from the regular IP sold in the US. The label on the bottom was added stating that it is PO83 USA version.

I am sure they are getting the formula from Germany, but I know for sure it is getting marketed by Menzerna USA, and then distributed by them to stores like 2 so far. I know that CMA has ties with Menzerna USA, but that is why I am surprised that they do not sell it, unless they are getting the 3.02 version of it:woot2:

I have been hunting these new super IP polishes down in the UK since Jan. and they are so far behind on production on the 3.01 and 3.02. Now I find it wierd that 2 places in the US sell the 3.01 (po83usa version), while the UK is still on backorder. Maybe we stole all the main ingredients, I have no idea. But I do know the bottles give it away as being marketed by Menzerna USA.

Either way they are some great polishes:woot2:

My sources were very solid too and I am sure more informative people will chime in and tell.

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    The Germany equivalent would be P085U I believe.

PO87MC is FPII cut 1.5 gloss 5

PO85RU is FP...cut 3 gloss 4

here is the info I got from Menz

Micro Polish uses the highest quality finely milled powder to eliminate all haze, swirls, and holograms on all paint

systems. Contains no fillers or glazing material to achieve a permanent ultra high gloss surface quality.

Ref. PO87MC (AKA FPII)

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

This your right about. CMA did name these polishes with easy names so they are not confusing and these are marketed by cma....FPII, IP, etc.

Ryan Blanchette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information