In organizing my detailing supplies, I found I had several small bottles of sample sealants I ordered after reading about them in this forum to get familiar with the different brands. These small amounts of each sample were in and of themselves not enough to finish my car. I didn`t want to throw them away, so for the heck of it I decided to pour them all into a dispenser and mix them together. I mixed fairly equal amounts of some CG Top Sealant, #21, #20 and OPT PolySeal. It was tough to shake the bottle up, so I added a small amout of ICE liquid polish to help liquify the formula. I figured best case the polymers would attract themselves to their brethren of like kind, and perhaps even produce a result greater than the sum of the parts. Worse case, it would be status quo.

I couldn`t resist using this strange brew on the Yaris. I used a foam applicator, dispensed small dabs of the mixture and coated the car as usual. It went on reasonably well, dried somewhat hard to the touch and came off with a bit more effort than normal. I was using a generic MF which was requiring mulitiple passes so I switched to a Meguiars Supreme Shine MF and that did the trick. One good swipe and the haze was gone.

I did this down by the boat launch today while enjoying the afternoon and the boaters. When I was finished wiping down the car with a damp MF with Final Touch, people were coming over to look at the result. It was like a magnet. They were all ranting about how good the paint looked. The flake was very, very visable and very rich. Silver is so hard to make shine like a darker color but the car was absolutely glistening. The touch was velvety smooth.

I have found that being so close to the car, concentrating on the work, the result can be obscured. It wasn`t until I stepped back with the on-lookers that I appreciated as they did just how incredibly good the car looked. They all commented on the depth of shine and wetness of the look and I had to agree. Having used each of these sealants, and they are all good, this strange brew was extremely powerful. I have the pics but left my cable at the office so I will upload them tomorrow.

I guess I could achieve the same results with mulitiple layers of the sealants, but everyone standing there said that the shine was incredible and it was only one coat. Works for me. After the polymers set up, I`ll put a couple of coats of #26 carnuba to lock it down. What an experience.