Post Thanks / Like
    I moved into a new apartment complex, and unfortunately they water every day in the early morning, before the sun rises.

In preparation for this onslought, I applied Klasse AIO and one coat of KSG (only had time for one coat of the SG).

Should this be enough to prevent permenant water spotting? It is pretty much impossible to avoid parking by a sprinkler, so I can only try to prevent them. I don`t know if the water is hard or soft here so I don`t really know what I am working against.

Would a carnuba on top of the KSG help? Or just more KSG?
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    It should prevent water etching. My neihbor who parks his black mercedes outside has the same issue, and he has KAIO and 2 coats of SG and he just goes out every day or two and uses DG waterspot remover and it looks as good as new again. So it must work in that aspect.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it should protect against permanent water etching. However, I don`t think it can prevent temporary water etching, especially if there`s sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would bring that up to the owner of the apartments. If he didnt take action to adjust them away from cars, then sprinklers would start disappearing. I wouldnt care if they were in the ground or not. They would be gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04
    I would bring that up to the owner of the apartments. If he didnt take action to adjust them away from cars, then sprinklers would start disappearing. I wouldnt care if they were in the ground or not. They would be gone.

Agreed. See if the manager will take care of the problem and have the sprinklers properly aimed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many times Apt complexes take care of this, and either kids or cars hit them and they just need to know to go back and realign them...Just be nice to them, rather than going in there with a grudge (i didnt think you would do that, but for information only), and they will take care of it...Watch the guy when he does it, and it is usally really easy...That way you can in a pinch do it yourself.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelPlated.45
    Agreed. See if the manager will take care of the problem and have the sprinklers properly aimed.

Unfortunately, the entire complex (about ten buildings) worth of sprinkers, including the sprinklers around the main office have poor spread patterns.

Also, the manager is a little bit of a ditz and wouldn`t understand what I am talking about. I may try asking her when rent is due.
    :soscared:

Thread Information