Post Thanks / Like
    As a regular user of Optimum Polish and Optimum Car Wax, I recently had the opportunity to try two of their newer products...Optimum Poli-Seal and Optimum Opti-Seal. My decision to use these products was based on my desire to find an long standing protectant for my daily driver...a 2002 Ford Taurus.

The condition of my paint is in good overall condition, with only some light hairline scratches. Up to this point, I have been using Optimum Car Wax.

Color of the car is Gold Metallic.

Opimum Poli-Seal - Using my Porter Cable (on a speed of 4) with a Lake Country Polishing Pad (white), I polished each quarter panel. In use, I found the Poli-Seal to dust very little if at all. Removing the Poli-Seal was done with a Pak Shak Ultra Plush Microfiber, slightly misted with Optimum No Rinse Wash (mixed as a detail spray). With this method, the Poli-Seal buffed off easily, and left a glass-like slick finish. As for the hairline scratches, nearly every one was completely polished out. Yes, I was impressed.

Optimum Opti-Seal - Next, I applied the Opti-Seal using two new Pak Shak Microfibers. Spraying a light mist of Opti-Seal directly onto the paint...I used the first Microfiber to evenly spread my application, then immediately used the second one to buff off any excess. With this method I found very little streaking, if any at all.

I applied the Opti-Seal to the entire car, including the black trim. Total application time was no more 20 minutes. The black trim which previously looked oxidized, had a renewed shine.

Rain - The next day after my detailing, the rains came. Much to my satisfaction, the water beaded up beatifully...over the entire car.

Opti-Seal vs. Optimum Car Wax Initial Observations - In comparing the initial finish of both of these products, I feel the Opti-Seal produces more of a glass-like hard shell finish. To the touch, if feels as smooth as running your fingers over a piece of ice (used in conjunction with Poli-Seal).

The Optimum Car Wax in comparison seems to produce more depth and a bit more shine / reflection. With the OCW, the metallic flakes in the paint seemed to be more evident.

As with all Optimum Products, these two new offerings are user-friendly and easy to work with. Over the next few months, I will evaluate the durability aspect.

Though I am only an amateur detailer...I am a car enthusiest. I wanted to contribute my feelings to Autopia, as I have gained valuable knowledge from this forum over the past few years.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the write up!
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

You will love the durabilty of both of those products...I have been using both for a few months now and love them more every time I use them.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    good write up. few questions, dont you spead opti seal then walk away thats it no buffing?

ive never used it.

when you buff the poly seal is it even visible? it`s always dissapeared for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    No buffing at all with OS. It works great. It drys into the paint. OPS usually leaves very little stuff to buff off as well.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have started with a little more aggressive polish like Optimum Polish first. That way you know you have removed all old waxes, oxidation, etc. JMHO
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the Optimum Opti-Seal and tried it out on my car after waxing it. I used a couple of pumps of spray on a sponge (as it says not to use very much). Should there be a tad of residue left (the odd streak here and there)? And, if so, does it eventually disappear or do I have to go over it again after with a MF towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    One spray per panel should be all you need...If there is any residue left, just go over it with your applicator again.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Opti-Seal, I don`t think you should just be spraying on a panel and buffing off, IMO. I doubt you will get good durability using this method. FWIW, most users(including myself) mist a tiny bit on the paint after the applicator is primed, and spread it around with that, and you are done. Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like
    Great insight oak3x:xyxthumbs

Of course pictures would be great!!

It is natural to get some streaks with OptiSeal here and there but they should not be everywhere and on every panel. I just did a white Porsche and I had 2 streaks on the hood and rubbed it out with a soft MF.

My method is to spray my sponge once, squeeze the sponge once and then spray once more and then apply to paint working in the product until just about gone.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    After using OS for a couple months now, it is very rare I get any streaks at all. Once the pad is primed, it takes very little product per section and I lightly work the pad over that section and OS pretty much dries clear within seconds.

I am not sure how spraying onto the paint and wiping off quickly will affect the durability but let us know how it holds up.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information