Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, now that`s fast.... Ordered on the 21st (from England!) and it`s here on the 25. I just tracked it this morning, and it still showed it was in NY, so I was getting ready to leave the house when the guy shows up for a delivery signature.. speaking of which.. to all you autopians that ordered 3.02 from Clean and Shiny: it does come SIGNATURE REQUIRED! So make sure someone is home to sign for it! Plan on around four days transit time, and don`t trust the tracking results from Parcel Force`s web site. Tracking my stuff still shows it`s in New York, and I`m taking pictures of it on my desk.

One of the bottles didn`t do so well during it`s long journey... the cap was most of the way off, and half the bottle was gone. Well, not gone, really. More like sticking to all the packing peanuts, waiting for me to stick my hand in and find out that the bottle had leaked. You can still see some of the polish on the bottle in the picture below. The other bottle was properly capped.

The first thing I noticed was the strange labeling. On all the other bottles of 3.02 I`ve seen pictures of, the bottle always said "Super Intensive Polish", or at least had "PO85RD3.02" somewhere on it. Here`s what mine looked like:

So I start to examine the bottle, looking for some way to tell that I hadn`t gotten just the regular ole IP I could have bought here in the states. I found a sticker on the bottom of each bottle:

I think Menzerna must be short on bottles. Notice the manufacture date is April 24. Menz must still be cranking this stuff out.

Anyway, it`s here, and Clean and Shiny really impresses. Great CS, fast shipping (they shipped it same day and it shows up 4 days later)! UPS ground takes longer to get stuff from CMA to me than it took Clean and Shiny to get it to me from England.

Edit: I do wish that the good folks at Clean and Shiny would check to make sure the caps are properly tightened, then strap them down with a piece of packing tape to assure they stay that way (autogeek seems to do this all the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Now go :buffing: and let us know how it is!
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    You should make a shipping claim. That`s, what, $50 lost right there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    You should make a shipping claim. That`s, what, $50 lost right there?

I was thinking about that, but it`s not really the shipper`s fault that the cap wasn`t screwed on tightly. : /

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I was thinking about that, but it`s not really the shipper`s fault that the cap wasn`t screwed on tightly. : /
    I did not mean with shipping company, I meant with company that shipped it out. Vendor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, for what you spent, I would think they`d want to make good on that.

But yes, let us know how it works out! Eager to hear your results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    I did not mean with shipping company, I meant with company that shipped it out. Vendor.

Yeah.. having mixed thoughts about this... Really, I guess it would be Menzerna`s fault for not properly capping the bottle. Yes, Clean and Shiny could have checked it and taped the caps down like autogeek does on all their bottles, but ultimately Menzerna should have put the cap on tightly to begin with. So, I hate for Clean and Shiny to have to put up the money to make up for Menzerna`s mistake. I don`t want them to have to pay the enormous shipping expense in addition to a new bottle of polish. I`d expect that that would eat away any and all profit from my purchase, and I`d hate to be the one that caused them to no longer ship to the U.S. So... I think I`m going to eat the loss on this. : /

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it is Clean & Shiny`s fault, not Menzerna`s fault. Menzerna did what they are supposed to do, and that is get it from them to Clean & Shiny. Clean & Shiny is responsible from them to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.. good point, ZoranC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m planning on using the 3.02 on the wife`s suv tomorrow along with the new edge wool pads. Going to use the green pad, "Light Cut. Ideal for light scratches on clearcoats. A great one-step padĂ¢â‚¬â€use with your favorite one-step cleaner/ polisher for superb results"

The paint is in fairly good shape, though, it hasn`t been that long since I polished it with 106ff. I`m more interested in seeing if this combination of polish and pad will look as good as the 106ff finish it has on it right now. I`m not going to do the whole car with it, probably just half of a door (which has a scratch I`m going to work on) with the 3.02/green, then the other half of the door with 106ff/blue (which is the edge wool equivalent of an LC white foam). Very anxious to see if the 3.02/green combination will finish down as fine as the 106ff/blue. The 3.02/green combination should have enough muscle behind it to get out most imperfections. Having it finish down LSP ready would be the proverbial icing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your purchase and that was fast shipping. That sucks it leaked and I would be very upset.

You will like this polish a lot as I am. Works very good on my yellow edge wool with very faint trail marks. Works great with a orange LC pad on the rotary too. Make sure to use little polish like 4 drops to prime the pad and after that 2 drops per small section worked. Too much polish on the foam pad will cause it to spit stringy stuff. Looks weird.

You will get the hang of it and you will be impressed. Try different combo`s and see what you think.

Good luck and congrats on a fine purchase. Trust me the money was worth it for the 3.02!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not so sure I`d say this. I just shipped a bottle of polish to someone a week or so ago, and made absolutely sure the cap was tight, and everything was packed well. I even put the polish in a ziploc bag, and good thing, because when it eventually arrived to its destination, the polish was everywhere, but at least it stayed within the plastic bag. Since then, I have been taping the caps onto the bottles to make sure they don`t move, but shippers move SO many boxes and packages that they can be quite rough with them. This is what they have insurance, and a claim number for.

Even if you take up this matter with the vendor you purchased it from, they will most likely take it up with the shipper, so in the end, the shipper will *probably* be held responsible. Regardless, I`d take it up with someone, no need to eat it. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Congrats on your purchase and that was fast shipping. That sucks it leaked and I would be very upset.

You will like this polish a lot as I am. Works very good on my yellow edge wool with very faint trail marks. Works great with a orange LC pad on the rotary too. Make sure to use little polish like 4 drops to prime the pad and after that 2 drops per small section worked. Too much polish on the foam pad will cause it to spit stringy stuff. Looks weird.

You will get the hang of it and you will be impressed. Try different combo`s and see what you think.

Good luck and congrats on a fine purchase. Trust me the money was worth it for the 3.02!

Thanks, Ryan, I`m looking forward to it. Have you by chance tried the Edge blue or green wool with 106ff as a final polishing step? I can`t decide which color wool to use, the blue or the green, with the 106ff for final polishing.

3.01 was spitting at me like crazy with an orange pad. I started cutting it with 106ff to stop the spitting and pad clogging, but it caused the polish to lose alot of it`s cutting power. That`s when I made the switch to the purple foamed wool and IP. Great combination, but I`m hoping the 3.02 will be even better.

Dookie, you bring up a good point... I still haven`t decided what to do about the loss of half the bottle. There was absolutely no damage to the box it came in, so I doubt rough handling was the cause of the problem. It was more than likely due to so many pressure changes on the flight accross the pond... Popped the cap the rest of the way off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Ryan, I`m looking forward to it. Have you by chance tried the Edge blue or green wool with 106ff as a final polishing step? I can`t decide which color wool to use, the blue or the green, with the 106ff for final polishing.

3.01 was spitting at me like crazy with an orange pad. I started cutting it with 106ff to stop the spitting and pad clogging, but it caused the polish to lose alot of it`s cutting power. That`s when I made the switch to the purple foamed wool and IP. Great combination, but I`m hoping the 3.02 will be even better.

Dookie, you bring up a good point... I still haven`t decided what to do about the loss of half the bottle.
    When it comes to 106ff or po85 final polish, I always use foam. I will use a LC white, blue edge foam, or megs soft finish pad.

Do not use the edge blue foam with the 3.01 or 3.02. It will squeel like a pig and smell like burning. Very weird if you ask me!!!!!!:think:

When using the 3.01 or 3.02 I make sure the panel is QD`ed before use to make sure any water stains, dust, etc is off. It will make it slicker too. I have had very good luck with z6 spray. 1 very light spray on the pad to lube it and make sure the pad is clean and very dry.

Put 4 small drop around the pad and DO NOT put any on the center of the pad (solid pads).

start off at 600rpm and spread the polish around slowly in the 2x2 section you are working. You will see the lubes start to spread and then bump it to 1500rpm or desired speed and work it in and keep the pad flat and work it in.

Next part of the section use 2 drops on the pad and repeat the same. Wipe panel after done and do not use in the sun. On the next panel make sure it is very clean before start.

I think that is it.:lol

You will get the hang of it and it goes fast. A final polish is not really needed, but it will get even better.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, Ryan, thank you! I will be soooo pleased if I can get this stuff to work as good as you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information