Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really starting to wonder what the point of a spray on wax is versus a liquid wax. I`ve used Meguiars Quick Wax and NXT Speed Wax. I`d rather just apply #26 or NXT. The only time savings to me seems to be spraying it is faster than tilting the bottle upside down. Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Takes me 10 minutes to cover the car in AW....takes me at least 1-2 hours to completely apply and buff a coat of liquid wax or paste. Spray waxes are a breeze to use, a time saver, look as good (or better) than traditional waxes, last as long as many liquid waxes, etc....it`s actually a no brainer for me...spray waxes save huge time and effort, plus add a nice extra layer of protection in a fraction of the time a "normal" waxing would take.

That`s kind of the point of the new ZCS and OS as well. To save a lot of time and effort over traditional waxing procedures...I`m all in favor of making the job easier, and quicker, while maintaining high standards. I just don`t have time anymore to spend hours waxing the car, and that means I can at least use a spray wax instead of not waxing at all, after a wash.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the main point is that you spray and wipe off. Most waxes (liquid or paste) you need to wait for it to haze then wipe off and buff. I use Optimum Spray Wax on my maitenance washes and it`s quick and effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    It only takes me about an hour to do a whole car with paste or liquid, but that is my small car. Spray on and wipe off = less time.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify, I don`t mean WOWO stuff like AquaWax. I mean the spray on, haze and wipe off kind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Just to clarify, I don`t mean WOWO stuff like AquaWax. I mean the spray on, haze and wipe off kind.

There is no need for those types any more with CS,OS ,Z8 & AW. Especially if your looking to save time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know...JW CJ is still one of those waxes and it looks amazing. It is still easier to use than a liquid wax, but it is all about appearance. And that is a preference thing.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Spray Waxes (NXT, Nanowax, etc.) really look as good as a paste wax?? (I`m not reffering to OS or CS)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some work as well. Not all of course. But a few work very well. Will they be as good as a paste wax? Probably not.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you said before you`re a big Meg`s fan. I used to be the same, but once you start venturing out and using other products, you`ll realize what you`ve been missing all this time. NXT Spray Booster and NXT Tech Wax is a joke when compared to something like AquaWax. AW is cheaper, quick and easier to apply, and WAY more durable. The only thing nice I have to say about NXT is that it looks better (until your first/second wash).

I also never saw the point of NXT Spray Booster wax because you had to spray, let it haze, and then buff off. It took as much time to apply as the liquid NXT Tech wax. The spray booster isn`t the easiest to work with either when applied in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    I know you said before you`re a big Meg`s fan. I used to be the same, but once you start venturing out and using other products, you`ll realize what you`ve been missing all this time.

I actually went back to Meguiars after using a bunch of other stuff (Zaino, Mothers, DG, etc). I like their sealants/waxes. They are well balanced, play nicely, I can go #16 to NXT to #26 based on my mood, etc. I`m just pointing out that there is no reason for some of them, other than market share I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    It takes yall 1-2 hrs for a liquid or paste? Holy hell, it takes me about 20min to apply a liquid wax on my big truck, what is takin yall so long.

On the origional topic, I think that there isnt anything as easy to apply as AW.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    20-30 minutes to apply, 20-30 minutes for it to set up fully (read: take a break to have a cold beer), 20-30 minutes to buff off = 1-2 hours for a full waxing, at least for me...

There`s more to regular waxing than just applying ya know!
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    We are speaking of, putting it on, waiting for haze, and then buffing off.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I actually went back to Meguiars after using a bunch of other stuff (Zaino, Mothers, DG, etc). I like their sealants/waxes. They are well balanced, play nicely, I can go #16 to NXT to #26 based on my mood, etc. I`m just pointing out that there is no reason for some of them, other than market share I guess.

If it works for you stick with it right? I`m more of a Duragloss fan now. One product from Meg`s that does sound interesting is the Ultimate Detailer, but I don`t know if I`ll ever try that or not. Maybe if I see it in the store for a good price, but in my experience most of Meg`s products have been middle of the line.

I can`t picture their QD to have more durability than NXT Tech Wax (unless they have some new wax/sealant coming out?) and IMO AW is a lot more durable than NXT so unless the Ultimate QD could match AW in terms of durability, at this point I don`t see the need to buy it.

I still have almost a full bottle of the Booster Wax sitting on my shelf because like you, I don`t see where it fits in since it`s not a time saver at all. Have you found any other uses for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information