Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have any specific brand of clay in mind, as long as it`s as good as mother claybars . I don`t have a specific size in mind either, 8oz will do (not looking for a giant tub of clay though).

Post Thanks / Like
    try you local autozone and look for the clay magic kit. it includes a 100g bar and some clay lubricant for $10.99...

not to mention... it`s cheaper to pick it up at autozone (if they have it in your area) rather than clay magic`s website as they sell it for $14.66... MagicGarage - Clay Magic

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked. All the Pep Boys ,Strauss, and Autozones only carry mother`s. I would like to try something new and i need clay before Sunday since I am supposed to detail a club member`s car on that day.

has anyone tried TOTL`s claybars? It`s the cheapest i can find and TOTL seems to carry good products.

Auto Detail Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    go to autozone and talk to the manager

HE (she) should be able to have it in a few days

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i might go with the Top Of the Line clay bar. If someone finds a better deal, let me know ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    I use it in my shop, each bar cut in thirds. Comparable to anything else i`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bahhh the TOTL claybar didn`t turn out to be the deal i expected it to be after all... The shipping was insane. The 15 dollar claybar turned out to be a 24+ dollar claybar!! 9 dollar shipping for a 8oz small item? Meh, it`s on its way now.

*end stupid rant*

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much all clay is Auto Magic (aka Clay Magic) so I`d see if any of the local automotive paint shops in your area carry the larger sized.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Best and cheapest are two words that generally don`t go together. 8-)

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`another qx4`]DELETED FOR SPAM.

What is commercial solicitation/spamming?

If you post We/our/my company has... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my product is... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my customers`... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my will be announcing... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my test results for our... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... you are spamming!

If you or your company would like to have your unaffiliated customers talk about your product, business practice or services, they are welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent, you are not.

DavidB

Post Thanks / Like
    I always order Sonus green and grey bars. They seem to always have a deal going if you buy 2 of one color you get one of the other color free. I`m pretty sure it`s $19 for the three +shipping. Really good clay too.

To save on lube just use clean, soapy water. Makes the detail faster too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Superior Auto Detailing Supplies they offer a fine clay for $16/ea but they will also offer medium grade as well if you ask (price unknown)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a couple of the TOTL claybars last year when there was a deal on them. They are the purplish/pink ones. The clay is hard and much more difficult to knead compared to the Mother`s claybar, but it works fine. Very low marring and cleaned well. You just need to spend a little extra time kneading it. It never seems to get soft even when quite warm. I did a lot of cars with those 2 claybars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Car24
    [quote name=`another qx4`]DELETED FOR SPAM.

What is commercial solicitation/spamming?

If you post We/our/my company has... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my product is... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my customers`... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my will be announcing... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my test results for our... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... you are spamming!

If you or your company would like to have your unaffiliated customers talk about your product, business practice or services, they are welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent, you are not.

DavidB
    Dear David. I beg to differ. I was in no way spamming!! A poster questioned our shipping charges and I only corrected some misinformation about shipping charges on an item he had already purchased. I DID NOT describe any product or have any desire to do so. As you know, I have participated in this forum for many years and have NEVER promoted our products. I only reply to questions or respond to misinformation. I would appreciate it if you would post my previous statement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Irene. You posted (If I recall) about your shipping practices/fees? That may have been regarded as solicitaion. Shipping is part of the "checkout" process. Correct me if Im wrong though.....A PM to the individual requesting the information may have been more practical and appropriate.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Irene. You posted (If I recall) about your shipping practices/fees? That may have been regarded as solicitaion. Shipping is part of the "checkout" process. Correct me if Im wrong though.....A PM to the individual requesting the information may have been more practical and appropriate.
    I don`t agree that correcting an error published for public viewing should be construed as solicitation. If the customer had sent me a private email, I would have responded accordingly. Published on a forum? It needed a quick correction. Forums are great for everyone if posted information remains correct. If not, misinformation can spread without limit!

If made aware, I will never allow misinformation to be "published" about our products or business practices. I think any responsible business owner would do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information