Post Thanks / Like
    I know a lot of people here use it as a top layer, but I`m curious about using it as just a stand alone. Right now I have it used as a top coat on two cars that have a base coat of 601, 105 and then AW and it last damn near forever. But I`m lazy on the other cars we own and I would just like to know how long it would last if it`s just stand alone on two cars that aren`t garaged and see bay area summer weather (80f-90f, sunny, temperate) or is it worth spending the extra time and doing it right, not that we car much about the other two cars but still.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used AW as a standalone on two different cars, for testing purposes. It held up very well, and continued to protect the paint in both cases to the 2.5 month mark, approximately. For a spray product that`s easy as can be, this is pretty darn good, IMO. I have no problems recommending it as a standalone. I`ve seen dedicated waxes and sealants that do not last as long, nor protect from road grime as well, so I have no reason to question AW`s protective abilities for at least a couple months.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    From the home page it said just "Anyone Sue"....I was like wow, what have I missed.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I was thinking....why would anyone sue Duragloss?

Haven`t used it as a stand alone, but I think it would fare ok with reasonable care and touch ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use AW on my friends 29 foot boat on the fiberglass above the rub rail...since it is so easy to use..and it does a great job..beads water like mad...we use it every 6 weeks ..now this is all thats used..the Hull is waxed due to oil and gas spills in the docking area......This boat is in the water 24/7 on Lake Ontario ..I could make a fortune selling AW up there as everyone likes the look on his boat...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    If you were to use anybodys else cleaner-wax, and then use AW once a month your car would stand tall.Of course it would be better to use Duragloss products. Aw will shine and protect the paint , and the cleaner-wax will clean the paint.If the paint is in bad shape you will have to use seperate cleaning and swirl remover products. By itself AW is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it as a standalone on the roof of my wife`s Saturn VUE because I was getting lazy (how do you guys do these giant cars?) and it actually turned out great. I will keep it up after every wash for maintenance since it is a pain for me to reach up there to apply and get leverage to buff wax.

It actually looks really good! The rest of the car I polished and did FK 1000P x2 and topped with AW and the roof with just AW is close in looks, with flake exploding! Durability is a question though...for now I will just use booster applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I haven`t thought about suing Duragloss, but if you think a class action lawsuit is in order I know of a few `ambulance chaser attorneys` that are game to just about anything.

Personally I feel no need to sue them. Nice product line, big following, happy customer base. If anything, it might be worthwhile to go after some of the boutique lines who promise much more than they deliver (and charge 2 arms and 3 legs for their products).

:-)

Just to be clear - I am joking.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    AquaWax offers better protection and durability than NXT, so I would say that it can be used as a standalone. Anyone thinking about buying NXT, don`t waste your money. You can get 2 or more bottles of AW for the price of a bottle of NXT, better protection, better durability, and way easier application. The only positive thing I would give NXT are its looks, but that will be gone after your first or 2nd wash.

For a company that`s constantly bragging how they`ve been in the business for more than 100 years, their wax/sealant doesn`t even compare to an OTC spray product. Sad. They should fire all their chemists and hire people who know how to make good product, instead of people who like going to church.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well put BlackElantra. :lol I don`t like NXT that much either. I don`t think it`s so easy to use at all, many other much more durable products are way easier and has better durability. AW and UPP come to my mind and look just as good IMO. I like many Megs products, but not NXT.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t, but I would

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now using it as a stand alone on my fiance`s truck and my truck and use it after every 2nd wash on my car. Its AMAZING how long this stuff lasts for being a spray wax. That and its stupid easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on a Tahoe that I spent 6 hours cleaning the interior (main concern of owner) I saw it the other day and after 6 weeks - still looking good!

Thread Information