Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    While I will agree with you on performance, it is not that much more solid than ONR, and you get about 20 times the amount for the same price with ONR. It is going to be a tough sell to people using ONR.

I have been using both. I don`t think it will be a tough sell unless you have money constraints. ONE is as the name implies its a true one step if you want to use it that way and a time saver. Although ONR saves a lot of time from a conventional wash ONE saves time over ONR. I was worried about scratching and marring but the product is so slick it`s put my fears to rest. The end result after using ONE is awesome. Both are great time savers and work great. I believe ONE has taken the waterless/ rinseless wash to the next level. My take ONR rinseless / ONE absolutely waterless/rinseless.

For me if I think about the end result I don`t think ONR being cheaper will influence my decision. Like I have always done I will use the product that best suits my needs regardless of price. My reasoning is that a car costs $35,000 - $50,000 why should I be worried about $10-$15 dollars. My time and family time is more valuable to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree with you, I find it unlikely that most "autopians" will use this as a tue one step product. Making it in the end, a waterless wash, that is far more expensive than ONR.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree with you, I find it unlikely that most "autopians" will use this as a tue one step product. Making it in the end, a waterless wash, that is far more expensive than ONR.

Well, I`m not in the "most autopians" group because I plan on using it as a dedicated one step, but I certainly can`t speak on behalf of anyone else. For me, like I said before, I am interested in this product because of the time savings, nothing more, which makes me very happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I continually see you (josh) using the, "way more than ONR", or, "get a bajillion times more uses out of ONR". I think the problem that I have with that is that they do not do the same thing.

Having used both, I have stopped using the ONR, simply because the outcome of the more expensive (actually less before diluting the ONR), "ONE", is MUCH better, and rediculously faster.

I don`t think I can emphasize enough on the way the car looks after the "ONE" application, it looks like you spet hours on the exterior, where you only spent about 15-20 min.

I think the outcome far outweighs the number of uses, or the end cost-per-use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, just try it. Next time you order CG products, talk to Paul and explain your view on the product, i`m sure he`ll gladly send you a bottle at no charge to put let the product speak for itself.

The stuff rocks!! I finally used it last night and am blown away with how good my car looks, and it was a hot mess for the past couple weeks. I refuse to use it as a waterless product though, I just have to rinse off the heavy stuff beforehand, just for my piece of mind. But that`s all I did last night and my car is gleaming right now, looks like I waxed it, seriously.

Last night me and my g/f went to the high pressure wash spot to clean our cars. I pressured washed her car and gave her a mf towel and some AW so she could "wax as u dry" while I rinsed my car in preparation for CG ONE. She got ridiculously irritated with the mf towel, it was her first time using one, so she jammed home. I stayed and did the CG ONE process and came home and parked next to her car. When she went to leave for work this morning I heard her say "oh hell no!!!" so I asked her what was wrong. She said "damn, your car is hella shiny, I want my car to look like that!" I said "if you hadn`t gotten so frustrated last night and let me teach you how to do it, your car probably would have looked better cause AW is a wax, I just used a car wash on mine."

She NEVER gives me props on my car, even after detailing it, cause it`s white and she can`t tell any difference in depth/gloss/etc, but she noticed it this morning!!
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    so basically, what is being said is, ONE will clean everything but the off-road mud stomper, is that correct? Is it safe to assume that S&W is not even in the same ballpark as ONE?

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR, S&W, and other waterless wash products are completely different and shouldn`t be compared to "One" because they don`t clean/prep the paint like One does, or have fillers like One. One supposedly leaves a very durable protectant behind too, which makes it a complete one step.

I would say that there is a specific yet different use for regular waterless washes and One, which, *so far*, is in a class of its own.

I look at it as an addition to my detailing supply, not a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lambostealth
    I continually see you (josh) using the, "way more than ONR", or, "get a bajillion times more uses out of ONR". I think the problem that I have with that is that they do not do the same thing.

Having used both, I have stopped using the ONR, simply because the outcome of the more expensive (actually less before diluting the ONR), "ONE", is MUCH better, and rediculously faster.

I don`t think I can emphasize enough on the way the car looks after the "ONE" application, it looks like you spet hours on the exterior, where you only spent about 15-20 min.

I think the outcome far outweighs the number of uses, or the end cost-per-use.

If they do not do the same thing, why did you choose one over the other? I have a bottle on the way, and should arrive today. My point was not that this product was not a great product. I am sure it is. My point was that as a "waterless wash" it seems very costly.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    My point was that as a "waterless wash" it seems very costly.
    But it`s not just a "waterless wash", it`s also got cleaning ability, with the fillers it surely could fill in light swirls, and leaves behind a protection that rivals LSP`s. Isn`t all of that worth something? This would be the perfect answer for someone who just wants a wash and wax, and you could knock it out in 20 minutes!!! That`s not worth it? This stuff allows you to wash, polish, wax, & protect your car in one easy step. And you can use it on chrome, wheels, plastic, glass, metal, fiberglass and more.

So please, stop classifying it as a waterless wash cause that`s not all it is. If it normally takes you an hour to do a wash and wax, why wouldn`t you want to use this product and do 2-3 in the same time frame? That alone makes it worth every penny, IMO.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Wet Paint Glaze as my one stepper for years. It simply works better than anything I`ve ever seen for the "wash & wax" customer. One quart will do 12-15 cars depending on size. I will also try "ONE" (it`s on the way) to see how the two compare. Both will work on dirty cars (not mud caked of course), both clean without scratching, and both leave a slick shiny surface behind with protection. If the "ONE" goes as far as WP does then it will be looks, durability, and cost that are the determining factors.

WP excels on glass but I thought I read that "ONE" is not be used on glass.....? Can anyone enlighten me on this point?

Post Thanks / Like
    This Wet Paint Glaze sounds very interesting! I found the info on their website very reasonable and sound.

Questions & Answers: Wet Paint

What has been your experience with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Refer to my first post, I posted pictures of myself using it on my glass, works great on glass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    WP excels on glass but I thought I read that "ONE" is not be used on glass.....? Can anyone enlighten me on this point?
    See my post below

Quote Originally Posted by rkf76
    But it`s not just a "waterless wash", it`s also got cleaning ability, with the fillers it surely could fill in light swirls, and leaves behind a protection that rivals LSP`s. Isn`t all of that worth something? This would be the perfect answer for someone who just wants a wash and wax, and you could knock it out in 20 minutes!!! That`s not worth it? This stuff allows you to wash, polish, wax, & protect your car in one easy step. And you can use it on chrome, wheels, plastic, glass, metal, fiberglass and more.

I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for "clearing up" the glass!!:laugh: :laugh:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    This Wet Paint Glaze sounds very interesting! I found the info on their website very reasonable and sound.

Questions & Answers: Wet Paint

What has been your experience with it?

I`ll send you a PM mate, later today.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information