Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forum member Greg Nichols was nice enough to bring me back a couple gallons of this stuff from their retail store.

I had bought the small bottle from Smartwax.com, and thought it was pretty good stuff. Now after using it every day for the past three days, I must say I am truly impressed.

I have used the halogens, the sun, and the Brinkmann to look for any marring caused by this stuff. Nada. Pretty impressive, considering that the first time I used it on my car was after it had been sitting in the airport parking lot for a week. I drove it to the airport in a rain storm. Needless to say, my care was dirty like, so dirty I was concerned that I might be pushing the limits of what would be considered safe to clean with a no-rinse (or in this case, completely waterless) wash.

The shine it leaves is very impressive. I gotta agree with Black Diamond, it really does out-look alot of LSP`s. It might not be durable (haven`t really tested that yet), but it looks very good. I kinda think it leaves more of a sealant look than a nuba, even though it says it has carnauba in it.

I`m still having a hard time using any sort of wash media after using my completely touchless wash method for the last few months, but so far my concerns haven`t been realized... this stuff appears to be very safe, even for moderately dirty vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. This may be the perfect product for when school starts up. My car gets dirty FAST (especially in spring with all the pollen). Looks to be a huge timesaver.

I think I`ll order a gallon + a sprayer this friday when i get paid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a thought... I`ve always been amazed with how Zaino Z6 makes the finish pop when used after Zaino Clear Seal, or just as maintenance following a Z7 wash.

So far, I`ve only applied ONE alone. Next time I use it, I`m gonna top it off with Z6. I`m betting that this will take the finish to the next level. And, for you folks that don`t like Zaino, maybe an LSP such as Aquawax or Optimum Spray Wax would be worth a try. I`m sold on the simplicity of ONE, but the finish falls just a tad short of what I`m accustomed to with Zaino.

How about it folks? Has anybody topped off ONE with something like Z6, AW, OCW, or a similar LSP? If so, how did it come out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a little cost comparison that I did. The goal is to compute the cost per use of ONE and ONR.

Assumptions for ONR:

2 ounces of ONR per gallon of water (although this may be a little much)

Use one gallon of water per use (the amount of water is only to demonstrate single usage)

Assumptions for ONE:

4 ounces per use (YMMV)

Now, let`s use the numbers above to see how the per use calculates...

ONR (32 ounce size): 32 ounce bottle costs $16, so assuming 2 ounces per use, you get 16 uses per bottle, which computes to $1 per use.

ONR (gallon size): One gallon (128 ounces) costs $40, so assuming 2 ounces per use, you get 64 uses per gallon, which computes to $0.625 per use.

ONE (at sales price): One gallon (128 ounces) costs $36, so assuming 4 ounces per use, you get 32 uses per gallon, which computes to $1.125 per use.

ONE (at regular price): One gallon (128 ounces) costs $46, so assuming 4 ounces per use, you get 32 uses per gallon, which computes to $1.4375 per use.

ONR is the clear winner cost wise. But if you throw in some intangibles such as time saved using ONE as compared to ONR, or the fact that once you finish with ONE you have a layer of wax protectant on your vehicle, it`s a little more complicated.

This post is not to persuade you to use one product or the other. It`s just a rough cut at doing a general cost comparison of the two products. For me, it`s a tough choice. Both are easy and relatively quick. Both do an excellent job. Maybe the fact that you get "some" carnuba protection from ONE tips the scales ever so slightly, although ONR is only 43% of the cost of ONE per use (assuming gallon-size and regular pricing of each).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tedgamble
    Here`s a thought... I`ve always been amazed with how Zaino Z6 makes the finish pop when used after Zaino Clear Seal, or just as maintenance following a Z7 wash.

So far, I`ve only applied ONE alone. Next time I use it, I`m gonna top it off with Z6. I`m betting that this will take the finish to the next level. And, for you folks that don`t like Zaino, maybe an LSP such as Aquawax or Optimum Spray Wax would be worth a try. I`m sold on the simplicity of ONE, but the finish falls just a tad short of what I`m accustomed to with Zaino.

How about it folks? Has anybody topped off ONE with something like Z6, AW, OCW, or a similar LSP? If so, how did it come out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yesterday, I followed my application of "ONE" with CG Synthetic Detailer. It really blew me away on my black truck. I have used this product before and I really like it. It has great durability for a QD. I love the anti-static properties also. I plan on usuing this combo for the upcoming winter months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea, Black Diamond, thanks for that. I`m gonna give that combo a try this winter as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also looking at trying the CG Blitz Acrylic Spray Sealant over the top of "ONE" and use the QD for touchup and light cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond
    I am also looking at trying the CG Blitz Acrylic Spray Sealant over the top of "ONE" and use the QD for touchup and light cleaning.
    orngez has experimented with mixing the two and has good results, maybe he can chime in on the ratio and application technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by codiddy
    orngez has experimented with mixing the two and has good results, maybe he can chime in on the ratio and application technique.

I`d be really leery of diluting or mixing CG`s ONE with anything. Remember that this product is meant to be a waterless car wash product. As such, it has the ability to prevent any abrasive particles on your car`s paint from marring during the cleaning process. Adding anything to it or diluting it in any way runs the serious risk of reducing it`s ability to prevent those abrasives from marring your paint. The only thing between your car`s paint and swirl city is this product`s ability to work correctly. Start messing with that ability at your own risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried using a grout sponge (similar use as with ONR) for wiping and then a MF for the final buff/polish??? Sponge works great with ONR - wondering if it might have similar benefits with ONE.

Post Thanks / Like
    could one sponge be enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    Has anyone tried using a grout sponge (similar use as with ONR) for wiping and then a MF for the final buff/polish??? Sponge works great with ONR - wondering if it might have similar benefits with ONE.
    ONR is practically water with additive. ONE is "thicker". I am afraid it won`t work. However, I have car that will need paint correction anyway, I have ONE and I have grout sponge, so what do I have to lose? I will give it a shot as soon as I have some time if I don`t forget it. Remind me if I forget it.

Post Thanks / Like
    saw my name mentioned so I thought i would chime in.....here are some long term experimentation results with ONE....been using it for several months now so I have a pretty good handle on the product......

First off...let the product get warm...works MUCH better....i let the spray bottle i use sit out in the sun while i hit up the car interior or whatever other task i can do to allow the product to warm up...the hotter the better...i wouldnt go boiling it or microwaving it...but a hot sunny day is perfect for heating up the ONE....

I have tried all forms of removal of ONE...and in the end a fluffy microfiber towel is your best bet....

As far as dilution....

with H20 i find you can dilute ONE as much as 3:1....and still not really effect the cleaning power of the product on normal dirty cars...anything more and it begins to turn into more of a super QD than a waterless wash.....when diluting it is best to put your 2-3 ounces in a spray bottle and dilute with hot tap water and use right away....

adding Blitz....i have had great success adding BLITZ to ONE....1 ounce added to my 16oz spray bottle has yielded the best results for me...just note that the cleaning power of ONE diminishes when adding BLITZ...but the shine you get is incredible...extremely glossy and shiny.....this is really the SUPER QD formula people have been looking for...for those who wipedown often to remove daily dust...this is the mix you want to use....

another great use for ONE.....when you do a traditional bucket wash...flood rinse the car down and just go around the entire car with a light misting of ONE...any last dirt/dust/grit will be encapsulated by the ONE and the glossing agent will leave the paint incredibly slick and shiny...just wipe the car down and follow with a buffing.....its a great way to wash your car and give your previous LSP a BOOST all in one step...the "Blitzed ONE" is best for this application....

Whatever application method you choose to use it on....the best practice i have found is to spray the product...let it encapsulate dirt...do a light wipedown...and just keep moving on...save buffing off the haze till the very end and do it all at once....that way you dont accidentally pick up dust or grit from the surrounding panel that hasnt been cleaned yet...

OH...and just to add to even more of my experimenting...if you want to "BLITZ ONE" and not affect the cleaning power of ONE at all...this was another method i find to work quite well and still kill two birds with one stone....mist ONE onto a panel as normal...DO NOT WIPE....after it encapsulates the dirt for 3-5 seconds...do a quick mist of BLITZ on top of the the ONE...the do a light wipe down...continue around the entire vehicle to allow the residual blitz and one to haze on the previous panel...then go around and buff off the vehicle...if you want to triple dip....mist the haze with COLD CG synthetic quick detailer for a super glossy spit shine....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    saw my name mentioned so I thought i would chime in.....here are some long term experimentation results with ONE....been using it for several months now so I have a pretty good handle on the product......

First off...let the product get warm...works MUCH better....i let the spray bottle i use sit out in the sun while i hit up the car interior or whatever other task i can do to allow the product to warm up...the hotter the better...i wouldnt go boiling it or microwaving it...but a hot sunny day is perfect for heating up the ONE....

I have tried all forms of removal of ONE...and in the end a fluffy microfiber towel is your best bet....

As far as dilution....

with H20 i find you can dilute ONE as much as 3:1....and still not really effect the cleaning power of the product on normal dirty cars...anything more and it begins to turn into more of a super QD than a waterless wash.....when diluting it is best to put your 2-3 ounces in a spray bottle and dilute with hot tap water and use right away....

adding Blitz....i have had great success adding BLITZ to ONE....1 ounce added to my 16oz spray bottle has yielded the best results for me...just note that the cleaning power of ONE diminishes when adding BLITZ...but the shine you get is incredible...extremely glossy and shiny.....this is really the SUPER QD formula people have been looking for...for those who wipedown often to remove daily dust...this is the mix you want to use....

another great use for ONE.....when you do a traditional bucket wash...flood rinse the car down and just go around the entire car with a light misting of ONE...any last dirt/dust/grit will be encapsulated by the ONE and the glossing agent will leave the paint incredibly slick and shiny...just wipe the car down and follow with a buffing.....its a great way to wash your car and give your previous LSP a BOOST all in one step...the "Blitzed ONE" is best for this application....

Whatever application method you choose to use it on....the best practice i have found is to spray the product...let it encapsulate dirt...do a light wipedown...and just keep moving on...save buffing off the haze till the very end and do it all at once....that way you dont accidentally pick up dust or grit from the surrounding panel that hasnt been cleaned yet...

OH...and just to add to even more of my experimenting...if you want to "BLITZ ONE" and not affect the cleaning power of ONE at all...this was another method i find to work quite well and still kill two birds with one stone....mist ONE onto a panel as normal...DO NOT WIPE....after it encapsulates the dirt for 3-5 seconds...do a quick mist of BLITZ on top of the the ONE...the do a light wipe down...continue around the entire vehicle to allow the residual blitz and one to haze on the previous panel...then go around and buff off the vehicle...if you want to triple dip....mist the haze with COLD CG synthetic quick detailer for a super glossy spit shine....

Lotsa great info there! Thanks Orngez

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. I hit on this method a week ago. It seems that it allows the residual ONE time to do a little "extra magic".

Orngez, I have a couple of questions for you please, oh great ONE-God...

1. I`m considering several C/G products to top off ONE, but being new to the C/G product line, I`m a bit confused: Blitz, Extreme Slick Synthetic Polymer Detailer, Speed Wipe, and Jet Seal. Any thoughts and recommendations? Blinding Shine is my primary objective, with durability being a close second.

2. Do you think that mixing up an 8 or 16 ounce bottle of ONE/Blitz and using it until the bottle is "all gone" will cause any adverse reaction between the two? I ride a bike, and mixing up an 8 ounce mini-spray bottle to carry with me on trips would be ideal. But, since this would be my "backup stash", it might take several weeks to use up the mixture. Your post above implies that you are mixing it at the time of use only.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information