Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Newbie here, appreciate any help.

Car : Saturn Vue O7, black

Products in stock : Nu Finish, Mothers (red) paste wax, MotherGold Class liquid, Nu Finish, Durashine (!), Finish First (Sample size)

Tried the finish first on the front end. Looks nice, but people seem to say it does not last. I am looking for a synthetic system (cleaner, glaze, light polish and detailing spray) that will not break the bank. I tend to favour durability over ultimate shine. I have some light scratches (gift from the dealer) and a few deeper ones (caused by me, hose rubbing on body). I don`t think I have a clear coat, so I should be able to buff those out, correct?

So far, I almost bought the Klasse system, but some people seem to think the SG is not the best acrylic product...So now I am pretty sure I want the Klasse All-in-one, but I am confused about which glaze, polish and detailing spray to get. Value beats ultimate shine here also, and it has to be synthetic. I basically want a system that beats most OTS products for shine and durability for less than 80$. Possible? You tell me.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can check out Duragloss products for value...As far as synthetic, you can try Megs #21...Works very well.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Megs #21 recommendation, I thought they were Nuba only:hmph:

I will check out Duragloss. Is the Megs #21 made to go over Klasse all-in-one? If so, what detailing spray and polish would you recommend with those 2?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can find Duragloss at Carquest. get the 105 and AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you say the Duragloss products (105 + AW) are better than Klasse All in one with good acrylic sealear and Sonus detailing spray? Does Duragloss make any good polishing products to remove swirls and light scratches (101?)? Or should I go with an Optimum?? polish?

Sorry for all the questions...it was simple until someone recommended mixing brands for the ultimate value...

Post Thanks / Like
    MEgs #21 will go over KAIO just fine...As far as good QDs go, there are tons of them.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to be more specific on the QDs...I was mostly afraid I would pick one that was not compatible? with the acrylic finish. Value would also be nice, I sense I will be going mad with the spray...

Nice boat btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am partial to HGAS and JW AG...But those are not real cheap...You can get Megs QD OTC in the maroon bottle. It works quite well.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mangler
    Hello,

Newbie here, appreciate any help.

Car : Saturn Vue O7, black

Products in stock : Nu Finish, Mothers (red) paste wax, MotherGold Class liquid, Nu Finish, Durashine (!), Finish First (Sample size)

Tried the finish first on the front end. Looks nice, but people seem to say it does not last. I am looking for a synthetic system (cleaner, glaze, light polish and detailing spray) that will not break the bank. I tend to favour durability over ultimate shine. I have some light scratches (gift from the dealer) and a few deeper ones (caused by me, hose rubbing on body). I don`t think I have a clear coat, so I should be able to buff those out, correct?

So far, I almost bought the Klasse system, but some people seem to think the SG is not the best acrylic product...So now I am pretty sure I want the Klasse All-in-one, but I am confused about which glaze, polish and detailing spray to get. Value beats ultimate shine here also, and it has to be synthetic. I basically want a system that beats most OTS products for shine and durability for less than 80$. Possible? You tell me.

Zaino Triplets, OTD for around 80 bones exactly. Zaino All in One, Clear Seal, and Z8, and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might have to try the Zaino. Must be good stuff, it started a new religion:wavey

Josh, newb here. You`re killing me with the acronyms:aww: . Funny, I have a bottle of the maroon Meg`s QD. I thought it worked quite well on the Megs gold class liquid. Lots of lubricity. But I was wondering if there was anything better out there, or if it is truly compatible with acrylic sealants.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is truly compatible with the sealants. Is there stuff better? That is a personal preference.

2006 White Volvo S40

Thread Information