Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I got my Zaino a couple of days ago... I am very excited.... who would have thought wax could be so exciting? Anyhow, was reading up on this website about different detailing applicators, and since i have gone this far I "think" I would like to buy some microfiber towels. Of course, i have a few questions (which I am sure are going to cause controversey)

Both my cars are black... one one the paint is in great shape but swirled to death, the other the paint sucks on. I am going to detail the one with the better paint first and see how it goes.

1. What do I need to lay on the Zaino from start to finish? Microfiber, Terry Cloth?

2. Where is the best place to buy this stuff... I want to get some high quality towels because I don`t want to work against myself on the swirling.

I will be buying a used Porter Cable Variable Speed Buffer,... Currently I have a Sears Cheapo "trigger squeeze" buffer, but I think the PC will serve my purposes better... where do I get the pads, and which ones do I need. (anyone want to sell a used PC cheap?)

Thanks again guys,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy my pads from Danase or go to the local store properautocare.com.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    When using the pc, I like to use the meguiars 6.5" pads. I would call around to some body shop supply stores near you. (check the yellow pages) Chances are that you will find somebody that carries the pads. As far as towels, the towels from Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories are top notch. It`s good that you are going with the PC rather than the craftsman. By first using the pc, it will bring the zaino, and every other product for that matter, to another level.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Megs yellow foam applicators, they work great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino applicators and DFTowel for removal. Or LAZaino sells some awesome cotton towels.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Danase or Autopia store for pads- 2 LC orange and 2 LC white

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like excel`s supreme and pakshak edgeless for removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, there is much to talk about before you lay down the Zaino. Sounds to me like the paint on BOTH cars suck, not just one. You will need to correct those problems before you lay down any sealant. You also need to consider what type of clear coat you have (hard or soft) then you can determine what kind of polish and pad combo you`ll need to correct the problem. You probably got an applicator from Zaino when you bought the products. If so, just use that. Regarding which microfibers, you also have some considerations there. Some are very plush which are good for quick detailing without marring while others have a shorter nap and are good for polish removal. Then there are waffle weave which are good for water removal (drying after wash). Take a look at Pakshak towels. Unfortunately, there is no secret kit or recipe that works on all cars. Each car brings with it it`s own specific circumstances. If you want more specific info then share with us exactly what kind of cars you`re talking about and we will lead you in the right direction. Also, tell us what Zaino products you have because if all you have are LSP`s, then you`re not even close to using them yet.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
    Dan, there is much to talk about before you lay down the Zaino. Sounds to me like the paint on BOTH cars suck, not just one. You will need to correct those problems before you lay down any sealant. You also need to consider what type of clear coat you have (hard or soft) then you can determine what kind of polish and pad combo you`ll need to correct the problem. You probably got an applicator from Zaino when you bought the products. If so, just use that. Regarding which microfibers, you also have some considerations there. Some are very plush which are good for quick detailing without marring while others have a shorter nap and are good for polish removal. Then there are waffle weave which are good for water removal (drying after wash). Take a look at Pakshak towels. Unfortunately, there is no secret kit or recipe that works on all cars. Each car brings with it it`s own specific circumstances. If you want more specific info then share with us exactly what kind of cars you`re talking about and we will lead you in the right direction. Also, tell us what Zaino products you have because if all you have are LSP`s, then you`re not even close to using them yet.

Patrick

Patrick,

You bring up alot of very good points. I was planning on posting pictures of both vehicles before I begin in hopes you guys could advise me on how to use what I have bought properly. I know that each paint takes a different perscription based on what needs to be corrected. The first car I am looking to do is my 96 Imp SS. The paint is in good shape, a couple of dings and a few light scratches, but otherwise really nice. The swirl marks and random scratches are everywhere, but they are extremely fine which is why I believe I will be able to get most of them out with Z-PC and Z5.

As for the Zaino, this is what I purchased:

ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

Z-2 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

Z-5 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches

Z-6â„¢ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

Z-7â„¢ Show Car Wash

Z-9â„¢ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner

Z-10â„¢ Leather in a Bottle

Z-16â„¢ Perfect Tire Gloss

Z-18â„¢ ClayBar

Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

I will post detailed pictures of the car next weekend,

For now I would just like to continue to build my collection.

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you really did buy the store didn`t you? First let me say that Zaino is a wonderful system that you will love. I have never used ZPC so I can`t comment on how it works on paint correction. However, from what I have read here, it is not that abrasive and may not be strong enough on GM black paint. I have GM black and it is THE WORST I`ve ever experienced trying to remove scratches and swirls. The clear coat is like granite yet it marrs remarkably easy and then becomes a bear to remove again. After claying, you`re gonna have to work on machine correction (compound & polish). That`s where your money, focus and time should be spent now. I would buy three lake country pads for now yellow, orange and white. Then I would try using them with your ZPC and see how much correction you can do with them. If it doesn`t do much then you`re gonna have to step up to a more aggressive compound. Check out the click and brag post by rydawg. He did a black pontiac (GM) recently that took many, many hours of rotary work to get perfect.

One final note: there seems to be some confusion about Z-5 pro. Z-5 is a sealant. It is NOT compound or a polish. It is a last step product. It is to be used AFTER all your correction has been done. Please don`t think that Z-5 has anything to do with swirl removal. The statement that it has minor swirl hiding abilities seems to confuse people who then think it`s a polish. It`s a last step sealant that helps protect all the hard work you

just did!

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    I have worked on a couple Impala SSes and have found the paint very easy to correct. ZPC is pretty mild, but the only way you will know if it will correct your paint is to try it. I like it with a Meg`s 8006 pad if used by PC. If not you might want to step up to something like Menzerna IP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

Hows the Sonus stuff on this sight.... in the car car section they have 6 various Sonus Microfiber towels for $30?

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m lost again,

I have been reading threads on this forum and it appears that with the Zaino you want to use a specific towel for each step. If you guys could, I would apprecaite it if you could point me directly at each towel I will need for each step. Treat me as if I was an idiot, I rather not buy the wrong stuff, or something that is going to work against me and scratch the paint. Is there anyway I can spend under $50?

DG

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a trip to Pep Boys and get a few black California MF cloths for $8.99. It is a traditional weave on one side and a sheared MF on the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danspeed1
    Hey,

Hows the Sonus stuff on this sight.... in the car car section they have 6 various Sonus Microfiber towels for $30?

DG

I never tried them. Only Sonus product I have is SFX-1 which handles medium fine swirls pretty well.

If you`re trying to get a flawless finish then you should look into different types of polishes/compounds. You should have a variety from minor like Z-PC to very aggressive like Menzerna Power Gloss. I think I mentioned this to you before.

Other than that, you should try PAKSHAK.com. Those are the best MF towels I`ve used so far. They don`t shed lint compared to my Cobra MF towels.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information