Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and I am looking to buy some new products. I have read a few of the other threads and I see that there are alot of really knowledgeable people on this forum. I am a member of the Impala SS forum, infact they were the ones who linked me. On the Impala forum Zaino seems to be the product of choice, but I am completely overwhelmed with mass number of options between, Pinnacle, Klass, Sonus, etc. I really want to do it right this time. Buy all the right equipment, and learn proper application methods. I`m currently the guy alot of you talk about... I slap 30 coats of wax on the car, and although its shiny, there are so many swirl marks and random scratches that it looks like someone polished the car with a rake. I have been using the meguiars consumer (autozone) line for about 8 years now on various cars and motorcycles, and I no matter how much of that wax I slap on the car just never has enough gloss. Oh, and it lasts about a week before I have to do it all over again.

So heres what I got: A Black 1996 Impala SS, 35K miles, garaged since new. It just went through its first (AND LAST) winter, I didn`t have a choice. I can`t promise it will be garaged in the future but it wont be driven in snow ever again. The paint is in excellent shape but the winter has abused it to the point where it looks like someone polished it with a rake. The swirls and random scratches leave me in tears everytime I look at the car.

I think I want Zaino... although I want to make sure there system will be the best before I spend what is going to be a couple hundred dollars. I also see alot of you guys mixing systems, which I have to tell you scares me. I am looking for something thats going to leave a shine less the swirs that will blow my mind...

Is Zaino what I am looking for?

P.S. Is it best to order online or should I go through the Forums distributor?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    You can never go wrong with Zaino. As a system it workes amazing and they have top notch customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only you can answer what you are looking for...Do a search on some product lines and you will find the pros and cons of the Zaino system. Other systems to think about are Jeff Werkstatts, Optimum, and many more.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is basically an LSP product. ***It will not remove scratches or swirls*** People that don`t know, usually would bash Zaino because they would apply it and think that it will remove swirls when it just makes the car "shine". The products that you get over the counter usually contain fillers that hide swirls and scratches that will not last long.

I would do some research first into other polishes and compounds using a Porter Cable. This will remove swirls and some scratches. Z-PC is a minor abrasive which also removes swirls and can be used by hand, but IMO it`s better using the PC.

Once you complete removing the swirls/scratches, then I would get Z-AIO to clean and prep the paint for Z-2pro or Z-5pro (both are sealants) and if you want to go to the extreme get Z-CS for max protection about 9 months.

If you want to maintain the look after carwashes use Z-6 and the awesome Z-8. Z-6 is a quick detail spray for regualar use, and Z-8 is spray sealant which makes the paint really smooth and makes the paint look wetter.

If I were you I would get the above mentioned ^. Remember... prep is the key for Zaino. Good luck
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    Zaino is basically an LSP product. ***It will not remove scratches or swirls*** People that don`t know, usually would bash Zaino because they would apply it and think that it will remove swirls when it just makes the car "shine". The products that you get over the counter usually contain fillers that hide swirls and scratches that will not last long.

I would do some research first into other polishes and compounds using a Porter Cable. This will remove swirls and some scratches. Z-PC is a minor abrasive which also removes swirls and can be used by hand, but IMO it`s better using the PC.

Once you complete removing the swirls/scratches, then I would get Z-AIO to clean and prep the paint for Z-2pro or Z-5pro (both are sealants) and if you want to go to the extreme get Z-CS for max protection about 9 months.

If you want to maintain the look after carwashes use Z-6 and the awesome Z-8. Z-6 is a quick detail spray for regualar use, and Z-8 is spray sealant which makes the paint really smooth.

If I were you I would get the above mentioned ^. Remember... prep is the key for Zaino. Good luck

Zaino is not just an LSP at all. They have quite a few products and yes, some of them are LSPs, but others are not at all.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    Zaino is not just an LSP at all. They have quite a few products and yes, some of them are LSPs, but others are not at all.

True, Z-PC is not.

The others like Z-8 and Z-6 just either enhance the sealant or boost the looks.

I also thought one time Z-5p would remover swirls... but then again I found Autopia which led me to buy other products to remove swirls and scratches.

All in all... Every product has it`s purpose, but at the end it`s all about what you use at the end after you worked so hard removing the imperfections.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    They make a lot of different products...Some are LSPs others are not.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    Zaino is basically an LSP product.

Wow you guys are quick,...

But I do have a few more questions, some of which I am sure you will laugh at.

1. LSP?

2. Doesn`t the ZP-C remove swirls and random scratches

3. Whats the deal with ZC-S clear seal... and what gap does it fill in the overall final polish and protection of the vehicle? I take it because its a sealer its a sort of finish protectant to protect in between waxing? Sorry if this makes no sense, i am trying to use the right terms but I am not quite familiar with the proper techinical jargin yet.

4. If the ZP-C isn`t going to get rid of those swirls, what other products will I need to employ?

Thanks,

Dan

JUST A PRE-WINTER PIC FOR YOU GUYS... STILL WASN`T HAPPY WITH SHINE THOUGH

Post Thanks / Like
    1.Last step product

2. Yes it does.

3. Do a search on this one, because tons of opinions.

4. Menzerna and Optimum have great polishes too, but I think Z-PC will work.

Macruz19 is mistaken. They have a complete system, not just LSP products.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Please, for a black car go with carnauba. Sealants have no depth and are just fine for silver or white, but for black if you use a sealant your finish will be more like a black mirror with no depth, whereas if you use a carnauba its going to look wet, deep, and have almost a glow to it.

Make sure you get a PC to get rid of your swirls first, try the XMT lineup as theyre very easy to work with, maybe use #3 or #4 followed by #1. After that use RMG and then top it with a wax.

ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze

As far as waxes go, if you want looks, go with souveran, zymol, or natty`s blue.

For pretty good looks and amazing durability, use collinite #915

Collinite Marque DĂ¢â‚¬â„¢Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915

As long as you use RMG before the wax, you will have amazing looks with whatever wax you use as long as its not a cleaner/wax that will remove RMG`s oils.

Also, MAKE SURE YOU CLAY!!!!!! Claying is VERY important, you will be amazed what comes off your paint.

So to recap, your process should be wash>clay>polish with xmt#3 or #4> finish with xmt#1> RMG>wax.

I can promise if you use those steps you will be much happier then using a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Macruz19 is mistaken. They have a complete system, not just LSP products.

Got ya... thats where he lost me.... thanks for clearing it up.

Last question.... for today that is.....

Should I order from my forums distributor, the online store itself, or does it make no difference.

Thanks for the quick responses,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231
    Please, for a black car go with carnauba. Sealants have no depth and are just fine for silver or white, but for black if you use a sealant your finish will be more like a black mirror with no depth, whereas if you use a carnauba its going to look wet, deep, and have almost a glow to it.

I was reading up on that but before I buy anything else I want to do a little more research... I read you can top it off with a coat of P21s Wax for high gloss. I just want to do a little research so I can ask the proper questions and have a better idea of what I am talking about.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is only sold from their online store.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bud, I`ll also try to offer a helping hand. Here is their line up, in order of use, and how it works:

Zaino Clay Bar - This will help pull out contaminants from your paint. This forum is quite partial to claying, as it removes what polishing would just rub back into your paint. Its also nice to see all the crud that comes out of the paint on the clay.

ZPC - A finishing polish, will help remove light imperfections from the surface. Will also bring out a nice gloss in the finish. Should be used via PC for optimal results.

ZAIO - An even milder polish/cleaner, this is similar to Klasse AIO or JW Prime in that it removes everything (including older waxes and such) from the paint, and does some slight imperfection removal. It`ll also help bring some nice gloss to the paint. If its like Klasse AIO it`ll also add a slight bit of protection to the paint.

Z2Pro - Considered to have the best optical properties of the entire Zaino line, an LSP (last step process) that adds intense gloss and reflectivity, and a good amount of wetness too. (If wetness is your priority, you should look to carnauba). This product MUST be used in conjunction with ZFX if you haven`t used ZAIO. If you have cleaned your car with ZIO prior to applying the LSP, ZFX is completely optional.

Z5Pro - Similar to Z2Pro, however it offers a bit of filling as a trade off for a slightly less perfect optical properties. Again, you need to have used ZIO prior to applying Z5 otherwise you must use it in conjunction with ZFX.

CS - A quick and easy to apply LSP that can be layered over anything I`ve previously mentionted. It is a "wipe on and walk away" product, as it needs no buffing. If your layering it over Z5/Z2, it`ll make the Z5/Z2 last longer as well as add a bit of gloss. From what I hear, on its own this stuff lasts about 6 months, imagine what it`d do when layered over Z5pro muhahaha

Z8 - A final spray you can use on days you REALLY want your car to shine. Use it after car washes, before shows, before dates lol.

Z6 - I personally don`t feel its needed, but, its a quick detailer formulated to work in conjunction with the rest of the Zaino products.

ZFX - A bonding agent for Z2/Z5. If you having used ZAIO on your vehicle, you just add a few drops of this stuff to Z2/Z5 and your off. Furthermore it`ll allow you to layer up to 3 layers of Zaino on the car in one day - an EXCELLENT option!

My opinions:

Zaino is a good option to go with. Its a bit more expensive then other products, but all of the Z stuff works and works well. I`m sure if you spent time, energy, and some more money trying out other products you can find cheaper alternatives... or you can just save your time and trust this stuff. Thats what I did

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is only sold from their online store.
    Not true, you can call Zaino and see if they have a local distributor, often times they do.

And you dont have to have a nuba to make black look good. I have used Z5P with great success on black.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information