Post Thanks / Like
    With the move and everything last year I kind of got away form detailing and keeping up on new products. So far this year I have had 3 customers call for details and a 4th waiting, which isnt bad since I didnt promote anything and just do some side jobs. anyway, my point is that I have been away and have lost touch with all the new products from optimum, Zaino, etc. i almost feel like a noob again!

I currently have OC, OP, Z2, Z16 (spray detailer), zfx, Soveran, S100, #16, #476, EX-P, IP/FP (original), Vanilla Moose 3m light cut rubbing compound, swirl mark remover and foam pad polishing glaze. What Im looking for is:

*compound- something a bit stronger than OC, but not harsh and finishes well

*light polish- something just a bit finer than OP that burnishes the finish to a mirror perfect shine while removing very light swirl/marring

*glaze/polish- something that will both remove light swirls and fill the remainder (similar concept to Sonus, but more effective) and be good to use for 1 step polish jobs

*sealant- Anything comparable to Zaino but easier to use (IE- 1 step)?

*pads- I need to restock on pads for both PC and rotary, whats the latest and greatest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lightng-just send me your money and I will help you spend it. :clap: j/K. I have had great results with XMT Pinnacle polishes for paint fixing, and love Danase sealant.

Your in ypsilanti? I am not far from you in Canton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Im in Belleville now (off the lake), but still in your neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    For your light polish I would recommend PO85 from Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for polish and compound, it really sounds like you ought to consider Menzerna 106FF for a finishing polish. It finishes down even nicer than FP and has more bite as well. Since it`s not the easiest to get in the US, remember that Blackfire SRC is the same thing with a little more lube. For something more aggressive, Menzerna IP (which you already list) should do all but the worst, there`s PG for that. Yes, it costs more than the Optimum stuff, but IMO it goes further and does the job more quickly.

My favorite glazes right now are VM and RMG. In case you missed it, Scottwax had good luck mixing them into "Pink Moose" and now Clearkote even offers a Pink Moose combo deal on their website, with bottle of each and an empty bottle to mix in.

Have you heard about the new Z-AIO from Zaino? I haven`t tried it, but that might fit the bill for your one-step. The only AIO I`ve tried is 215, but I`m sure you`ll get more suggestions.

I have a couple of Edge2K pads and I`m torn between ordering more of them or trying out the new Lake CCS pads. I really like the Edge system. I`ll probably order a couple of CCS pads and decide after I try them.

Thread Information