Post Thanks / Like
    Lately we`ve had South Florida Water restrictions and I`m really stressing out because I have been washing my car in the afternoon about once a week, which isn`t allowed due to the fact that you can only wash between 4-8AM??!! I`m not sure how that`s supposed work with me in school and Saturday being my work day...

I`ve really wanted to try ONR for the longest time, but I`m not sure of the correct technique, washmitt, or system to use while doing this...I know you use two buckets, one with a wash solution of ONR, and one with fresh clean water, but I`m not sure of the drying/washing technique used. Do you do one panel at a time, and then dry with your waffle weave or similar drying product, or do you do multiple sections of the car and then go over the areas with some kind of quick detail and a microfiber???

I`m also afraid that when first starting out with this method, its easier to inflict marring, I know that its a very versatile product and that when used correctly, the ONR wash cannot be beat and is extremely safe, but getting while getting used to the process I don`t want to scratch my car up as it just received a polish about 2 months ago....

Can I use the Schmitt as my wash mitt, and how many gallons of water would you recommend??? Any picture documentation or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    2003 Oxford White Mach 1

Mods: JLT RAI, DiabloSport Predator, Drag radials,MagnaFlow O/R X, Magnaflow Catback

12.82 @ 105.8 :up

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand. You can use multiple MF, wash mitt, or what ever you usually use. Do one panel at a time. The method that I am famillar with hearing about is the multiple MF. One to wash and one to dry and so on to each panel. The ratio of onr/water I think it was 2oz/gallon of water something like that.

Someone who actually knows this product can help more than I can. Im going buy some myself and give it a try.
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    My process:

1. Mix- up a spray bottle of ONR. I used the QD strength in one of those pump sprayers. You can also use a regular squirt bottle.

2. Mix up the wash strength ONR in a wash bucket

3. Fill the other with reg. water

4. I allow two Eurow Sheepskin mitts from Wal-Mart to sit in the ONR soln` bucket.

5. I prespray the panel I`m going to wash

6. I grab one mit and proceed to lightly glide the mit, beginning at the top of the fender, in a linear fashion back-and-forth. Replacing mit as necessary.

7. Place the used mitt in the dirty water bucket and swish it around to loosen all the dirt removed from the panel. Wring the water and place back in the ONR soln`. Now use the other mit to continue washing.

8. Take a clean WW or MF and blot dry the panel.

9. Repeat on entire car.

10. For the wheels, I use the same pump sprayer to spray the wheels

11. I use a dedcated wheel brush to scrub the wheels

12. I use the ONR bucket soln` to again wash the wheels.

13. Dry the wheels with a dedicated wheel towel.

That`s my process. Seems to work pretty well for me. I have a black vehicle and this method produces no marring IME. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.
    My process:

1. Mix- up a spray bottle of ONR. I used the QD strength in one of those pump sprayers. You can also use a regular squirt bottle.

2. Mix up the wash strength ONR in a wash bucket

3. Fill the other with reg. water

4. I allow two Eurow Sheepskin mitts from Wal-Mart to sit in the ONR soln` bucket.

5. I prespray the panel I`m going to wash

6. I grab one mit and proceed to lightly glide the mit, beginning at the top of the fender, in a linear fashion back-and-forth. Replacing mit as necessary.

7. Place the used mitt in the dirty water bucket and swish it around to loosen all the dirt removed from the panel. Wring the water and place back in the ONR soln`. Now use the other mit to continue washing.

8. Take a clean WW or MF and blot dry the panel.

9. Repeat on entire car.

10. For the wheels, I use the same pump sprayer to spray the wheels

11. I use a dedcated wheel brush to scrub the wheels

12. I use the ONR bucket soln` to again wash the wheels.

13. Dry the wheels with a dedicated wheel towel.

That`s my process. Seems to work pretty well for me. I have a black vehicle and this method produces no marring IME. Good luck. Hope this helps.

+1, exactly my process too. :up

It takes a little faith, because it goes against what you are used to doing, but ONR is amazing stuff. The spray bottle helps alot IMO, to help prevent marring. It`s a little peace of mind if nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a pretty nice procedure! Thank you for the writeup and I`m definately going to order some ONR. Now all I need to get are a couple more spray bottles and a dedicated mitt for lower, dirtier panels
    2003 Oxford White Mach 1

Mods: JLT RAI, DiabloSport Predator, Drag radials,MagnaFlow O/R X, Magnaflow Catback

12.82 @ 105.8 :up

Thread Information