Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I see. I`m more in the wet look. If I like OS looks, then I hope I can top it off on top of CS. It`s worth giving it a shot.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    That would seem like a waste. Why would you want to do that? A little overkill I believe. Why change the appearance
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    That would seem like a waste. Why would you want to do that? A little overkill I believe. Why change the appearance

Well... I`m trying it on my hood. Since it`s no effort to apply, I`ll just try it. It should take me like 2 min to do the hood. I would consider over kill by applying too much product. Just trying to experiement a little. Naw mean?
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess, but my guess is you will see the look of OS and not want to touch it.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    If so, then I`ll be a happy customer

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant fathom putting CS on top of OS. That seems completely pointless and a complete waste of product.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    Dang......I hope it`s not a waste of $25. I`ll be getting mine shortly, but this will go on top of my Zaino and my Z-CS to see if I get a different more wet look on my car. If Opti-Seal has issues as far as durability, then I`ll just use it on my wheels......
    Macruz19, the OP is talking about Poli-Seal, a different product than Opti-Seal. It`s easy to get the names confused, but remember the OP was talking about Poli-Seal.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Macruz19, the OP is talking about Poli-Seal, a different product than Opti-Seal. It`s easy to get the names confused, but remember the OP was talking about Poli-Seal.

Yeah I noticed... :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflectionz
    im not really feeling poli-seal either. it doesnt seem to last when it rains or just doesnt last at all. i dont beleive it got rid of the swirls my friend, it just hid it. i did a few cars for dealerships which they dont pay me enough nor care much for swirls so i tried quick passes with a pc using poli-seal to hide them. it did a great job but after 2 days of raining, the swirls came back and it seems to me like the sealant is all gone.. doesnt feel like there is anything left on the paint as it feels not slick.

This conclusion, "Slickness = evidence of product" is in error. Nor does beading mean much as surface tension can create beads of water without any wax. PS will produce more of a sheeting action, so water may bead at first but eventually sheet.

If Poli-Seal, or any AIO type product has abrasives in it for correction how then can it also "fill"? Now to be fair I have never used PS with a PC but I have used it with a Cyclo and I am doing a Porsche Cayenne today that I detailed about 6 months ago with PS, after looking at it yesterday no holograms where in the paint, only your typical halo-scratches from car washes.

The hood had buffer swirls in it but the Cyclo, orange pads and the PS removed them.

AIO type products are mainly designed for quick production work first and foremost and not outstanding protection. If a customer wants a polish and wax but is not wanting to pay for a 3 or 5 step process and pay $400 then you say....."Well I can give you a one-step polish and wax for $125.00"

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    This conclusion, "Slickness = evidence of product" is in error. Nor does beading mean much as surface tension can create beads of water without any wax. PS will produce more of a sheeting action, so water may bead at first but eventually sheet.

If Poli-Seal, or any AIO type product has abrasives in it for correction how then can it also "fill"? Now to be fair I have never used PS with a PC but I have used it with a Cyclo and I am doing a Porsche Cayenne today that I detailed about 6 months ago with PS, after looking at it yesterday no holograms where in the paint, only your typical halo-scratches from car washes.

The hood had buffer swirls in it but the Cyclo, orange pads and the PS removed them.

AIO type products are mainly designed for quick production work first and foremost and not outstanding protection. If a customer wants a polish and wax but is not wanting to pay for a 3 or 5 step process and pay $400 then you say....."Well I can give you a one-step polish and wax for $125.00"

Anthony

Anthony, I will be interested to see the results from the Porsche with the poli seal. Are you using it as a one step with no LSP or will you be applying an LSP?
    Ryan

2008 BMW 335i

Post Thanks / Like
    poly-seal has become one of my favorite products. it is very easy to use. water sheets off. corrects (not hide) minor issues. decent lasting time. but i would for sure top it with a stronger, longer lasting LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    So some have mentioned Poli-seal`s resistance to water comes in the form of an overall sheeting action? I am simply trying to figure out how to best use the product and whether or not it has washed off of the surface or not. I would typically use it just like Anthony O would recommend, as a one-step product with a medium-cut pad for those who don`t want to pay a higher price for a multi-level polishing and wax process. I have always thought water beading was an indicator of whether or not wax is protecting a surface. I know for a fact that Optimum Spray Wax had a wonderful beading action, and so I came into Poli-Seal with the expectation of great beading as well. At this point then, would Opti Seal be my answers to amazing beading action (I guess I enjoy beading)?
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Buff off the PS residue with OCW. That should make it do what you want (bead).
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    Buff off the PS residue with OCW. That should make it do what you want (bead).

This was what I am going to do in the future...but as a new buyer of the product, I wanted to see how it does all by itself.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Protective Optimum products generally soften water, so the beading characteristics is a bit different. Not as tight as say, Collinite, but not as spotty as well. Doesn`t mean that the actual protection is not there. But as audicoupej said, wipe the car down with OCW if you are a beading fan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information