Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    :bat

No product war stuff, please! I don`t care which side of the fence you`re on, be polite. Y`all are pushing it . . . this is the only warning.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    Can you use AW over a sealant or a nuba?
    yes you can

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Z8 really that durable? I have gone through 2 bottles since it came out and really could not tell on its durability.

I was under the impression that Z8 was more for enhancing gloss, than being an out-right sealant. CS is supposed to be an out-right sealant from what I`ve read on the Zaino website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    Has anyone tried Mother`s FX Spray Wax? That may be worth considering.
    That was the first spray wax I used, and I was blown away with how it made the paint look. I ran out of the stuff a couple months back, and I`ve been using OCW because it lasts a bit longer. If I were to compare looks alone, I`d have to give the edge to Mother`s but the margin isn`t that big. However, OCW`s durability made it my go-to wax after washing.

How long does diluted SG last? I remember the days of layering SG by hand once a week lol - some people on here used to do 7 weeks worth! Doing so would last only a couple months too right? It`s amazing just how detailing products change for the better over the years .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Milestones
    OCW and DG AW both have decent durability and can function as stand alone LSPs (they also both look great). However, both are intended to serve more as toppers than true stand alone LSPs and neither one has near the durability of AJT.

I`m not sure where this info is coming from but OCW is intended to be a true stand alone product and not a booster or topper.

OCW is a polymer, the polymers lay down as you apply it and if you have a wax down the polymers do not bond and cross link. Then people can`t understand why after one or two weeks the OptiSeal is no longer "there".

I can`t speak for AW as I`ve never used it but it may also be meant to be used as a stand alone product?

Once more, slickness is not an indicator of product presence nor is water beading. A product can still be on the paint even if there is no beading and no slickness. Some pros would agree that once a car becomes difficult to dry then the protection may be losing its edge.

If we judged a products durability based on slickness then no product would last more than 2 weeks. I know this has been gone over more than a highway roadkill but hopefully it will begin to sink in slowly and replace the myths.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Two weeks. Gee that must be a bad sealant. I get at least six months of unchanged slickness and use my own showcar soap shampoo and quick shot every wash

Then again I do have 20 coats of AW on top of prime, Jett & a few fireglaze DS
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is AJT really a spray and wipe product though? I have just the regular AJ and you kinda have to work that into the paint. Something like UPPS its just wipe on flip and wipe off.
    Yeah - you do have to work it into the paint a little bit in one continuous application/buffing process. However, it only takes a couple of swipes per panel to work the product in if you use the correct (small) amount of product. After you`ve used AJT a few times and get the hang of it, it is very simple and quick to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the SG in a spray bottle in 2002, I didnt care for it to be honest. Is Z8 really that durable? I have gone through 2 bottles since it came out and really could not tell on its durability. Sure smells good though!

Hi William,

Z8 does smell great. Z8 is a spray sealant meant to be applied over a Zaino base (Z2/5, CS or ZAIO). Sal does not recommend as a stand alone for long-term protection. Sometimes when I am detailing my SUV outside and intend to finish the next day and I have not gotten to the ZAIO step, I will give it a quick spray and wipe over the polished areas for over-night protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    I`m not sure where this info is coming from but OCW is intended to be a true stand alone product and not a booster or topper.

OCW is a polymer, the polymers lay down as you apply it and if you have a wax down the polymers do not bond and cross link. Then people can`t understand why after one or two weeks the OptiSeal is no longer "there".

Anthony
    Anthony, just to expand slightly, Optimum Car Wax Spray does contain Nubas, it is a blend of Polymer protection and Nuba enhancers.......And a very good looking spray protectant at that. Great slickness for sure, even better the next day.

SVR, I think what Anthony meant was theres really nothing like that fresh sealed/waxed slickness. As with any sealant or wax, a couple washes later, and that blinging slickness will drop off a tad, as well as progressively, unless its "boosted" periodically.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information