Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting back on topic (most durable spray wax), I think OCW and AW are both great products but neither has the durability of AJT in my experience. AJT easily has 4-5 months durability in my experience.

Perhaps Zaino CS or Opti-Seal will have durability equal to or better than AJT - but IMO we don`t have enough anecdotal/testimonial evidence on that to draw a firm conclusion yet - since CS has only been out for a short time and Opti-Seal has just been released.

For now, AJT is the proven winner on durability among spray wax/sealants IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100%
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s keep this thread civil guys! To me, spray waxes/sealant = anything that can be applied with a sprayer. So that includes home made things like SG + water and whatever people are using with Zaino. Personally, I`ve never used any Zaino products so I have no idea if they even have a spray-on type of sealant? I know they have QD-like products, but I don`t really keep up with that line.

With AJT, do you have to apply it to a freshly prepped surface every time? I know that for best results for any wax, it`s always best to apply it on a perfect surface. However, I usually apply OCW as a booster wax after every wash, and it`s held up just fine. Can I do the same for AJT?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done that with AJT with no issues.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    The initial application of AJT needs a well prepped surface IMO (AIO, ZAIO or Werkstatt Prime, etc.). After that, AJT can be layered over itself as a booster after washing just like OCW with no problems.

I haven`t tried applying AJT over another LSP - only over Prime or itself. I suspect that AJT might have problems bonding to other sealants and I`m certain it would have problems bonding to carnuabas. AW and OCW are much more versatile in that regard in that they can bond to pretty much anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    In my evaluations, definitely so. I was sorely disappointed with OCW`s durability and protection, and it in no way comes remotely close to the company`s 5 month claim. I was lucky to get 4-5 weeks out of it, using it as a standalone LSP (maybe it should only be used as a booster, not LSP?). In addition, grime felt as though it had "stuck" to my paint and was very difficult to wash off. Not so with AW at all. Has much better dirt resistance and durability IMO. I hope Opti-seal is better! I am patiently waiting to see if these new spray sealants (CS/OS) live up to the hype. So far, I`m not terribly impressed with CS reports...

I will add, that my testing of OCW and AW (and every product for that matter) is based from 2 cars that sit outside 24/7 and are driven daily. I would imagine that you could realistically add a month or two to my durability estimates for both products if the cars were garaged, i.e. AW could probably go 3-3.5 months, and OCW maybe 2 (both evaluated as standalone LSPs, not boosters).

I used OCW on my sister`s truck in mid Dec. and it still beads up like the I just put it on there. It was the first time the truck had been washed and waxed in probably 8 months. I washed it for the first time since Dec. last weekend and it beaded up perfectly, so I got a good four months out of it. The truck is a daily driver and sits outside 24/7 so I`m really impressed with OCW. It was used a standalone LSP to because I put it right over OP. I also like the look of it over OPS like I have on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used AJT over many AIO`s with no problems. I have tried it with ZAIO, Klasse, XMT 360, and Clearkote VM.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wain
    I used OCW on my sister`s truck in mid Dec. and it still beads up like the I just put it on there. It was the first time the truck had been washed and waxed in probably 8 months. I washed it for the first time since Dec. last weekend and it beaded up perfectly, so I got a good four months out of it. The truck is a daily driver and sits outside 24/7 so I`m really impressed with OCW. It was used a standalone LSP to because I put it right over OP. I also like the look of it over OPS like I have on my car.

Did you apply anything underneath the OCW or are you using it as a standalone? If you have a wax/sealant underneath, I`d be willing to bet that it is what is causing the beading. I lost all beading at 4-5 weeks from OCW when used by itself...
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried Mother`s FX Spray Wax? That may be worth considering.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a little bit of streakiness when I used this. I very much preferred z-8, AW, and the others.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    Did you apply anything underneath the OCW or are you using it as a standalone? If you have a wax/sealant underneath, I`d be willing to bet that it is what is causing the beading. I lost all beading at 4-5 weeks from OCW when used by itself...

Nope...I just washed it with ONR and polished it with OP and took off the polish with OCW. When I washed it this time I applied poli-seal but when I did it in Dec. it was just OCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    Has anyone tried Mother`s FX Spray Wax? That may be worth considering.

i have and use mothers fx spray wax and while it`s pretty good, i`ve compared it to DG AW and i like the DG AW better...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you use AW over a sealant or a nuba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    There you go again.:grrr

Diluted Klasse SG as a spray sealant has been a mainstay long before you came to this site.

Again No mention of Zaino being placed in a bottle but YOU had to include in your statement.
    I tried the SG in a spray bottle in 2002, I didnt care for it to be honest. Is Z8 really that durable? I have gone through 2 bottles since it came out and really could not tell on its durability. Sure smells good though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Milestones
    Getting back on topic (most durable spray wax), I think OCW and AW are both great products but neither has the durability of AJT in my experience. AJT easily has 4-5 months durability in my experience.

Perhaps Zaino CS or Opti-Seal will have durability equal to or better than AJT - but IMO we don`t have enough anecdotal/testimonial evidence on that to draw a firm conclusion yet - since CS has only been out for a short time and Opti-Seal has just been released.

For now, AJT is the proven winner on durability among spray wax/sealants IMO.
    Is AJT really a spray and wipe product though? I have just the regular AJ and you kinda have to work that into the paint. Something like UPPS its just wipe on flip and wipe off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information